Jets Rumored to be Interested in Kaepernick

Jetfan13

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Who's Mike Silver? Shut up. Sounds like Incarcerated Bob.

I'm assuming you're telling him to shut up.

Anyway, he's a legit sports teevee guy... and most of twitter is deferring to him on the Kaep watch. So, I figured it was relevant.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, who's Mike Silver? Have you heard of Chris Berman? Or George Washington? 

Mike's pretty plugged in on the west coast, more so with players than owners. Wouldn't surprise me if heard straight from the horses mouth. 

George Washington, rings somewhat of a bell. Not completely sure though.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm assuming you're telling him to shut up.

Anyway, he's a legit sports teevee guy... and most of twitter is deferring to him on the Kaep watch. So, I figured it was relevant.

I love you. Who else would I be talking to?

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, who's Mike Silver? Have you heard of Chris Berman? Or George Washington? 

Mike's pretty plugged in on the west coast, more so with players than owners. Wouldn't surprise me if heard straight from the horses mouth. 

Silver is as commonly recognized as those two?  lmfao

1 hour ago, First_Blood said:

Would much rather have Fitzpatrick then Hoyer. Hoyer is TERRIBLE

I'm indifferent about Fitzpatrick. We had a good year with him, but we still did not make the playoffs. If he does not want to take a reasonable contract to stay with us then I do not think he should be signed. I know he had one of the best seasons in Jets history for a quarterback standpoint, but I would much rather draft or develop our own guys.

Kaepernick is still young, and has been in the playoffs before. And a superbowl. Fitzpatrick does not have that on his resume. We saw what Gailey could get out of Fitzpatrick... I wonder what he could do with Colin.

Sanchez has been in the Playoffs a bunch, lets get him.

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't want to be put in the position of defending Tebow but honestly you can flip the names in your post and it's still saying the same thing. Tebow hit it all with "the intangibles and has shown promise." Tebow was terrible. Kaepernick is a little less terrible. I suppose I could agree with that.

No matter what one thinks about either QB or the comparison at least we seem to agree that DEN is not the right fit for Kaepernick which was my original point.

Tebow never showed promise as a QB.  Ever.  What he showed was one hell of a lucky win streak with some ridiculously good Defense during it.  Go back and look, the offense averages like 12 points a game with him at QB.  The only promise Tebow had was the unwavering and demanding support of every Christian on the planet, and a ravenous media that was feeding off of it.  But Tebow had zero shot as a QB.  Kaepernick is Joe Montana compared to Tebow. 

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Tebow never showed promise as a QB.  Ever.  What he showed was one hell of a lucky win streak with some ridiculously good Defense during it.  Go back and look, the offense averages like 12 points a game with him at QB.  The only promise Tebow had was the unwavering and demanding support of every Christian on the planet, and a ravenous media that was feeding off of it.  But Tebow had zero shot as a QB.  Kaepernick is Joe Montana compared to Tebow. 

he did more than peyton did this year, at least he was making big plays late in games to help den win.

Just now, nyjunc said:

where am I wrong?

While Peyton did not have his prototypical season at nearly 40 year old, he still led that offense to a better PPG avg than Tebow ever did.  Ever.  I'm not even getting in this conversation with you because it's pointless.  If someone argues the sky is blue you'll argue for 3 days that it's red. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

SF should hold firm, they hold the cards.  I'd make Denver pay through the nose.

Or Denver can wait until the inevitable, when SF cuts Kaep as everyone is pretty sure they will do to avoid the $$

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope Kap and Fitz go to Denver and Cleveland.  That might force us to trade up for a QB. 

Why would we need to trade up for a QB in that instance?  In that instance, just let a QB drop to us.  Browns are no longer going to need one, and Broncos aren't moving up ahead of us. 

Just now, Snell41 said:

While Peyton did not have his prototypical season at nearly 40 year old, he still led that offense to a better PPG avg than Tebow ever did.  Ever.  I'm not even getting in this conversation with you because it's pointless.  If someone argues the sky is blue you'll argue for 3 days that it's red. 

it was a more seasoned, talented O.  he led them to more pts(slightly) but again tebow was making plays late in games to win while this year the Den D was holding on and in many cases after scoring earlier in the game.

He did more for Den in 2011 than Peyton in 2015.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

don't even joke, that would be incredible and the best thing for us.  he's better than Fitz and would be a fraction of the cost.

You really need to put the crack pipe down.

You cant get it through your head that Sanchez sucks, isnt close to being a starting NFL QB.  

Now apparently, he isnt even viewed as a backup QB by the team that has been signing his checks the last few seasons.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You really need to put the crack pipe down.

You cant get it through your head that Sanchez sucks, isnt close to being a starting NFL QB.  

Now apparently, he isnt even viewed as a backup QB by the team that has been signing his checks the last few seasons.

but the guy you want to sign for big money that wasn't viewed as good enough for 7 other teams is the answer?  (the guy who couldn't get a team more talented than the 2009/2010 Jets to the playoffs while Mark won 4 playoff games).

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or Denver can wait until the inevitable, when SF cuts Kaep as everyone is pretty sure they will do to avoid the $$

They would have to have a solid alternative in mind.  SF doesn't have to be in any hurry to cut him.  Meanwhile the Broncos twist in the wind waiting to see who their QB might be.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

but the guy you want to sign for big money that wasn't viewed as good enough for 7 other teams is the answer?  

What big money deal do I want to give to who exactly?
And no matter who I want to QB this team, how does that have anything even close to do with making the ridiculous idea that Sanchez back to the Jets is close to a sane idea?

Hint, no matter what other crazy ideas anyone throws out, Sanchez to the Jets takes the cake as the most ridiculous idea and the one where everyone is in agreement will never happen.  You are the only one crazy enough to throw it out there and then argue incessantly over it

Just now, Jet Nut said:

What big money deal do I want to give to who exactly?
And no matter who I want to QB this team, how does that have anything even close to do with making the ridiculous idea that Sanchez back to the Jets is close to a sane idea?

Hint, no matter what other crazy ideas anyone throws out, Sanchez to the Jets takes the cake as the most ridiculous idea and the one where everyone is in agreement will never happen

I didn't say bringing Mark back was a sane idea, I know it will never happen but he gives a team a better chance to win than Fitz and will be a lot cheaper.  sometimes you need insane ideas to win.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

They would have to have a solid alternative in mind.  SF doesn't have to be in any hurry to cut him.  Meanwhile the Broncos twist in the wind waiting to see who their QB might be.

I totally get that.  Or Denver could go in a different direction.  Its not like Kaep is a given for anyone

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Tebow can throw it far......and MAYBE hit the broad side of a barn once in a while.

Can't believe he brought  up, Tim Tebow; TIM ******* TEBOW, lol... is this guy serious????  

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So a superbowl champ team, who theoretically just needs a game manager to get back there, has the following choice:

- Beg SF to take a high draft pick for Kaepernick, who hasn't looked competent in years. At least outwardly, SF has said he's not available.

- Get the veteran Fitzpatrick for no compensation, after game-managing his way to 30+ TDs for a potential playoff rival in the Jets.

After unsuccessfully going hard after Osweiller - who they benched in favor of a slumping and fragile Peyton Manning - left to those 2 choices they've decided to go after Kaepernick.

They're going after a guy who isn't even available as their first choice. But we should bring Fitzpatrick back as our starter.

I am glad I am not the only one making this observation.... 

Just now, nyjunc said:

I didn't say bringing Mark back was a sane idea, I know it will never happen but he gives a team a better chance to win than Fitz and will be a lot cheaper.  sometimes you need insane ideas to win.

SO lets recap.  Fitz won 10 games a year ago.  

Set a record and almost two as QB.  Sanchez gives them a better chance to win though?  LOL 

As I said, youre the only one with this ridiculous an idea, what actually believe it.  Really believes Sanchez can play QB.  That 4 shltty years here and the two in Philly are meaningless, he can still play and look cute all at the same time.  

He sucks, always did, get over Mark Sanchez

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

SO lets recap.  Fitz won 10 games a year ago.  

Set a record and almost two as QB.  Sanchez gives them a better chance to win though?  LOL 

As I said, youre the only one with this ridiculous an idea, what actually believe it.  Really believes Sanchez can play QB.  That 4 shltty years here and the two in Philly are meaningless, he can still play and look cute all at the same time.  

He sucks, always did, get over Mark Sanchez

Sanchez won 11 games his first year and 13 his second year. Playoff games against good teams too

Archived