Mac might be a stud

jgb

He's not a backup. He actually has started with other teams including the Texans until he got injured. Jets players including Forte want him back and think he can lead them. So does the OC and Bowles. Again the O was the best we've had with him as starter than we've had in years. Sign the dude!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, gEYno said:

2 year deal is fine.  Point being, I don't want a 2 year deal that includes a lot of guaranteed money in year 2/a sizeable cap hit if we do move on from him.

While it may be hard to sell fitz on a one year deal, the market is speaking, and he's not getting the response he'd hoped for.

no he is not, thats for sure. denver basically told him the same thing the jets did."we are interested, but not at that price" fitz will have to come down with his price.. however, i think when the dominos fall on the qb carousel, fitz will receive a better offer than what the jets offered. then,imo, the jets will up thier offer. i think fitz signs with the jets in the 10-12 range for 2 years

Credit also goes to Maccagnan as he works the cap this off-season.  Because it's obvious
he has opened up cap space (with all the players we've signed) but they aren't revealing
it to the media.  Which gives us a competitive advantage over the agents looking for
deals because they really don't know what we have to spend

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

no he is not, thats for sure. denver basically told him the same thing the jets did."we are interested, but not at that price" fitz will have to come down with his price.. however, i think when the dominos fall on the qb carousel, fitz will receive a better offer than what the jets offered. then,imo, the jets will up thier offer. i think fitz signs with the jets in the 10-12 range for 2 years

fitz isn't guaranteed to start in denver either.  and in 2017 he's probably not starting for the jets.

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Credit also goes to Maccagnan as he works the cap this off-season.  Because it's obvious
he has opened up cap space (with all the players we've signed) but they aren't revealing
it to the media.  Which gives us a competitive advantage over the agents looking for

This. ^^^^

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

it's amusing to keep reading the jets are signing players, with no reported restructures or potential trades, while reading they can't afford fitz.

29 minutes ago, ylekram said:

ok. if you can get him to sign a 1 year deal, thats great. i just dont see how a 2 year deal is bad. chances are whoever takes over for fitz will be on a cheap deal anyway, so i dont think 1 more year will break the jets. and that if there is somebody to take over. on top of that, it might be a hard sell to fitz or any qb coming off a 4000 yd,31 td,10 win season, on a 1 year deal

it's not that hard a sell when there seems to be absolutely no market for him at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One hell of a year last year for a back up QB.  He's being offered more than a back up but less than the ungoldy foolish contracts others have given out.  He is being offered a low end starter money which is what they should be offering at this time due to age and upside.

You can keep telling yourself that but Fitz is being offered less money than Chase Daniels (as reported by Ed werder ESPN)

13 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

it's not that hard a sell when there seems to be absolutely no market for him at the moment.

like i told another poster, there is no market for fitz at his asking price. we all know that. he is asking for too much money. that is a given. the jets are interested. so is denver. there is a market for sure at a lower price

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

fitz isn't guaranteed to start in denver either.  and in 2017 he's probably not starting for the jets.

there is alot of assuming there. if denver signs fitz, with what qb's are already on thier roster, and they dont pick up another qb via free agency, fitz will be the starter in denver. and what makes you so sure if the jets sign him, he wont be the starter in 2017? bryce petty? 4th rounder project with alot to learn. 2016 draft pick? picking at 20? assuming they are even targeting a qb in the early rounds? 2017 early round pick? with fitz being under contract? if the jets sign fitzpatrick, there is alot more evidence that he starts in 2016 AND 2017 than him not starting

Letting a very average journeyman QB test the market, is not a genius move and doesnt equate to being a stud.  Especially if we know what we know now, that he's trying to cash in one last time.  It's literally a no-brainer to let him test the market because the reality is, nobody is crying over losing Ryan Fitzpatrick. Obviously, the Jets are perfectly comfortable without him and they should be.  It's Ryan Fitzpatrick for christ sake. 

I'll be ready to call Big Mac a stud when he proves he can draft.  

That said, he's trending more to stud than dud strictly on the BMarsh trade alone, screw his silly award for spending a sh*t ton of money and drafting a cant miss prospect. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That said, he's trending more to stud than dud strictly on the BMarsh trade alone, screw his silly award for spending a sh*t ton of money and drafting a cant miss prospect. 

as opposed to idzik who didn't spend money and didn't draft a can't miss prospect.

57 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Lol @ one hell of a year. 

Do you know what Chase is getting paid? And do you know what has offered The Journeyman?

10 wins coming off a 4 win season, 31 td passes, 3,900 yards, sacked only 19 times, 2 to 1 td to int ratio, 2 lost fumbles. at least 17 points every game, Only one game all year without a td pass, 3rd in the league in red zone efficiency, long time star receiver has his best year as a pro.

You guys continually make yourselves look utterly stupid with your comments about Fitzpatrick's last year.  Trying to diminish a very good year as a Qb becasue you don't like other things about the guy makes a person look like a fool.

Don't like fitzpatick?  fine.  don't want to resign him under any situation? fine.  Think he was greatly helped buy what ever metric you want?  fine.  To ignore his last year as being pretty damn good for a backup....very weak.

Do you know what matt moore is being paid? 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

10 wins coming off a 4 win season, 31 td passes, 3,900 yards, sacked only 19 times, 2 to 1 td to int ratio, 2 lost fumbles. at least 17 points every game, Only one game all year without a td pass, 3rd in the league in red zone efficiency, long time star receiver has his best year as a pro.

You guys continually make yourselves look utterly stupid with your comments about Fitzpatrick's last year.  Trying to diminish a very good year as a Qb becasue you don't like other things about the guy makes a person look like a fool.

Don't like fitzpatick?  fine.  don't want to resign him under any situation? fine.  Think he was greatly helped buy what ever metric you want?  fine.  To ignore his last year as being pretty damn good for a backup....very weak.

Do you know what matt moore is being paid? 

Nobody is saying Fitzpatrick didn't have a good year. We're saying based on factual analysis, that he was extraordinarily lucky and is unlikely to provide equal return on investment. I do understand why the casual fan like yourself is upset, but rest assured that people who know better are running the show now 

Not liking our offseason at all. We should be getting younger and faster not signing 30+ year old running backs and more D lineman. Dumb to try and create a win now type of roster with this team. If he spends future money on Fitz I will be really disillusioned 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not liking our offseason at all. We should be getting younger and faster not signing 30+ year old running backs and more D lineman. Dumb to try and create a win now type of roster with this team. If he spends future money on Fitz I will be really disillusioned 

You're being fooled like everybody else. The win-now is a smokescreen to get fresh talent in here via draft. All these older players for the most part are on short term deals. It is a rebuilding job in disguise/

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You're being fooled like everybody else. The win-now is a smokescreen to get fresh talent in here via draft. All these older players for the most part are on short term deals. It is a rebuilding job in disguise/

It's Parcells 101. Hopefully Mac has a better nose for drafting

Add to that the this regime bought themselves time to do a rebuild by the success of their 1st year.  They are doing it right, try to win as much as possible and have success while as has been said working in the back ground to rebuild.  In the end it is all about draft success. 

Maccagnan will demonstrate studhood by drafting like a genius, not by playing hardball with a journeyman QB who has a limited market for his services. He's signing a number of decent, lower cost -but old- free agents. He wants Fitzpatrick back as one of those. I hope he gets it done. 

But ultimately he needs to find a young franchise QB, and build around that QB with quality draft picks. I'd really like to see him collect some more picks to kickstart that process. 

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I dont think they're trying to create a win now type of team.   They didnt even make the playoffs last year with the easiest schedule in the NFL, the best offense they've had since the 80's, a top 10 D, controlled their own destiny, etc.

They're doing what they can with very limited resources.  Mac doesnt have much of a choice and nothing they've done screams "WIN NOW"...if they were, Fitz would have been signed. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think they're trying to create a win now type of team.   They didnt even make the playoffs last year with the easiest schedule in the NFL, the best offense they've had since the 80's, a top 10 D, controlled their own destiny, etc.

They're doing what they can with very limited resources.  Mac doesnt have much of a choice and nothing they've done screams "WIN NOW"...if they were, Fitz would have been signed. 

They are building a "win as much as we can, now and into the future" team. Just like every other team in the league is trying to build.

I wish the **** that the "win now" and "rebuilding team" clichés would die. Both terms are derivatives of messaging from PR departments from franchises that aren't well run.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They are building a "win as much as we can, now and into the future" team. Just like every other team in the league is trying to build.

I wish the **** that the "win now" and "rebuilding team" clichés would die. Both terms are derivatives of messaging from PR departments from franchises that aren't well run.

Agreed.  He's doing what he can do with the limited resources available.  Can that be a cliche catch phrase now?  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wait until Rex gets done with Doug Whaley.

...still not over that cutish girl who dissed you in 6th grade? 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  He's doing what he can do with the limited resources available.  Can that be a cliche catch phrase now?  

...still not over that cutish girl who dissed you in 6th grade? 

She's fat now and married a dude with a Weezer tattoo on his forearm.

Archived