Seven Years Ago Today

CrazyCarl40

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So, you totally didn't get the point of the first paragraph.  You keep talking about stats without context to defend your biases.  However, you are comparing context to the Jets, without doing the same for other teams.  So, your arguments are exactly nothing, because you're comparing the way in which you've discredited the Jets to other teams without applying the same analysis.  

As for the games, one of those isn't a loss.  So, that one's out.  The others, you've listed 6 games in 32, which is 18% "blown" in two seasons.  How does that compare?  Oh, you didn't do that analysis either?  Hmm... Diving into the games a bit deeper, multiple games were not late game leads blown.  They were over the course of the game.  Something that happens when teams don't score.  You're argument is basically that if the Jets ever have a lead in a game, they should win.  Cleveland for example, the defense allowed 7 points in the entire second half.  That should be good enough to win any close game.  When your offense sucks, it isn't.  Same deal for the Falcons game.

I am not worried about other teams, you just keep ignoring info.  

the ones that aren't losses are because of the offense.

Our O had the ball in the 2nd half of that Cle game for 23 minutes, Cleveland had it for 7 minutes.  you think that played into why they "only" scored 7 pts?  the fact is w/ a TD lead and 2 mins left is when they began their "only 7 pts" drive to send the game to OT.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

there's no excuses, he nearly helped us reach 2 SBs, if our D was as good as people pretend it was we make both.

This right here pretty much invalidates any argument you are trying to make. There's no bigger sign of what nonsense an argument is, then to see a desperate attempt made to give credit to someone for something that didn't actually happen.  The Jets did not play in a SB, they played in 2 championship games, which they lost, with Sanchez himself being quite the contributor to those respective losses.

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Please stop.

name me 10 better QBs from that season?

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This right here pretty much invalidates any argument you are trying to make. There's no bigger sign of what nonsense an argument is, then to see a desperate attempt made to give credit to someone for something that didn't actually happen.  The Jets did not play in a SB, they played in 2 championship games, which they lost, with Sanchez himself being quite the contributor to those respective losses.

He played better than our D played in both of those games.  Gave D a double digit lead in Indy then brought us back w/in a score at Pitt and never got a chance to win it thanks to the D.

6 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

As much as I was glad to see Sanchez kicked to the curb when he was, this is still actually one of the few moves I really don't hold against the Jets that much.  On a relative scale, they gave up next to nothing to make the move up that they did, and took a real shot at a QB for the first time in ages, after years and years of hoping their QB wouldn't get hurt.  In the end, it didn't work out, so the team doesn't deserve to get praised for it (especially when you consider that idiotic second contract Sanchez was given), but given the relatively low cost, it was still a risk well worth taking.

Agreed. The unforgivable move was the extension with the guaranteed base salary, not the move up the board and the selection. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

there is zero proof of that.

Yeah huh, look at what the QB whisperer Chip Kelly did for him.  Watch what Kubiak is going to do for him.

Development and Weapons and Sanchez was Montana.  Stupid Rex dragged the kid to 2 AFC champ games.  Completely failed the poor unfortunate kid. 

21 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

The Sanchez pick set this franchise back about as badly as anything including the Robertson draft.

yep, going to 2 AFC Championship games(equaling the # we made from 1970-2008) really set us back:lol:

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

My Facebook "On This Day" told me that my status this day seven years ago was "I think the Jets just made a huge mistake." Time has told us that I was mostly correct. Let's not have history repeat itself this year.

09-draft-meet-jets-giants-br-mark-sanchez-jets.jpg

nfl_u_sanchez01_600.jpg

I dont know whats worse, moving up for Mark Sanchez or the fact that you've been on Facebook for atleast 7 years :-) 

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

there is zero proof of that.

That's the beauty of the weaponz argument though. And the kicker is that the jabronis who still argue the same sh*t for Geno also harrumph about their ability to understand the advanced stats that control for this stuff.

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

How do you guys still have the energy to argue about this stuff lol

This is it really, my first thought though was; remember when Mark Sanchez was a QB that we ALL believed in? He was a player who actually rose to the occasion and played better in big games. I still contend that he was never the same player after that illegal chop shot he took in the championship game that dirtbag dirty player James Harrison (who didn't even get a flag) inflicted upon him. That's all I have to say.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

name me 10 better QBs from that season?

He played better than our D played in both of those games.  Gave D a double digit lead in Indy then brought us back w/in a score at Pitt and never got a chance to win it thanks to the D.

Blame gets shared all around for that Indy game, but that includes Sanchez.  Outside of that one long throw to Braylon, he did very little for the rest of the game.  Hell, 3 of those points you're trying to credit Sanchez for was actually off of a defensive turnover in which the offense then lost yards.  That said, everyone crapped their pants in that game, and the kid was a rookie, so he's hardly solely to blame there, but that still doesn't meet your false agenda of suggesting he did more than enough in that game.

On the other hand, it's outright laughable for anyone to pretend Sanchez deserves anything more than serious criticism for the following year.  The offense score 17 points in the entire game, while Sanchez single-handedly gave 7 to the Steelers.  That means your blame of the Jets D is because they dared give up more than 9 points the entire game.  Those points that Sanchez gave away all by himself were more than the Steelers' margin of victory.  There's no changing that.

I still think Mangini set us up with that failure, vendetta on Trader Mike to get him fired, the fans were just collateral damage

If we could rewrite history, Jets do not trade up, they select Maclin or Harvin at 15, Rex hires Gruden, talks Favre out of retirement and they win it all with that defense 

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

actually 15 and 15, if you count fumbles and INts you need to count rush TDs too but regardless of that he led the O to almost a TD more per game than Foles did against the much tougher portion of their sched and over 27 PPG.  I don't care what the individual #s were.

In 2015 he stunk in his brief 2 game run but that team was a complete mess and it was only 2 games.

Packers choke job? one of the worst you have ever seen? on the road at Lambeau where very few visitors win against a team that nearly made the SB was trailing 3-0 before he stepped on the field. 1st possession led Philly to GB 40 but was sacked and they had to punt, then it's 10-0 despite GB starting at their 12 yd line. 2nd possession they run twice setting up 3rd and long and then has no time to throw as he is sacked.  the ensuing punt is returned for a TD, 17-0 GB.  leads Philly to FG to cut it to 17-3, GB then goes on 80 yd TD drive in just over 2 mins for 24-3 lead.  Clearly all mark's fault.  what a choke job.

I counted passing and rushing TDs and INTs and fumbles.  15/15 is not good.

And I was talking about the Packers choke job against the Seahawks.

8 hours ago, jett said:

I was at this game. Literally could not believe my eyes at what I was seeing. Idc what anyone says no half way decent quarterback throws 5 picks In a Game. Forget the 300 yard rushing, that was just ridiculous 

I was there too.  All of this to a bad Bills team. 

The problem he refuses to look at while trying to convince people how bad the offense was in his mind is that the worst player on that offense was Sanchez.  Easily. He had a better than average receiving TE, Braylon, the leagues number one running game and the leagues best OL along with the best defense in the league.

not enough for our scrub QB and a lame excuse for Sanchezs game.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I was there too.  All of this to a bad Bills team. 

The problem he refuses to look at while trying to convince people how bad the offense was in his mind is that the worst player on that offense was Sanchez.  Easily. He had a better than average receiving TE, Braylon, the leagues number one running game and the leagues best OL along with the best defense in the league.

not enough for our scrub QB 

It was just incredibly shocking. I remember saying that the Jets literally tried giving this game away and the hills didn't make it easy on them. Incredible that we still could have won despite those interceptions. 

5 minutes ago, jett said:

It was just incredibly shocking. I remember saying that the Jets literally tried giving this game away and the hills didn't make it easy on them. Incredible that we still could have won despite those interceptions. 

Somehow they were driving for a winning score in OT and the the Sanchize thew his 5th pathetic INT. 

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I am not worried about other teams, you just keep ignoring info.  

the ones that aren't losses are because of the offense.

Our O had the ball in the 2nd half of that Cle game for 23 minutes, Cleveland had it for 7 minutes.  you think that played into why they "only" scored 7 pts?  the fact is w/ a TD lead and 2 mins left is when they began their "only 7 pts" drive to send the game to OT.

If nothing else is clear, it's that you don't worry about other teams.  It's the only way any of your opinions are remotely justifiable.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, he didn't make a "ton of great throws in postseason" at all. This is just ridiculous. As is the idea that he was "really good in 2010" which is patently absurd. What he was, in 2010, was the beneficiary of teams dropping almost 20 passes he threw right at them (on top of the 13 they didn't drop). We lost 4 games when the defense gave up 10 points or less. He threw picks in 8 consecutive games, and the one that broke that streak he was garbage.

Excuses excuses excuses for Sanchez. I don't talk about him much myself anymore, but you believe a lot of wrong things are right. He was not a good QB. He had some good games - or more to the point, some good throws - nothing more. He was famous for not having any good games from start to finish. A lot of good half-games, which was good enough with a top defense & surrounding cast. But in the end, not good enough. That's why the Eagles eradicated him from their roster in a year where they're willing to try everything/anything to find a QB.

Mark Sanchez is the NFL leader in turnovers per game since 2009.  #toptenish

Mark Sanchez led the NFL in dropped INTs by a mile in 2010 #toptenish

yep, going to 2 AFC Championship games(equaling the # we made from 1970-2008) really set us back:lol:

You do realize the Jets haven't sniffed the playoffs since those AFCCG's.

You don't consider missing the playoffs for 5 straight years as a setback?

The Jets invested multiple picks, players and money on Sanchez, who up until joining the Jets played in nothing but the WCO. By the time they finally got an WCO OC in Mornhingweg, Sanchez had already wore out his welcome and just for good measure he got hurt before getting released the next year. So we never got to see him play a meaningful game in the system that made the organization think he was worthy of the 5th overall pick. Conversely, like the ass backwards ****s we are, Jets draft a Spread QB in Geno and have him run the WCO. As fate would have it when we do hire an OC in Gailey that incorporates the Spread in his system, Geno gets his jaw broken. Again, we don't get to see the marriage of young QB in the scheme that prompted the organization to spend a high draft pick on said player. It's a FUBAR cocktail of total incompetence, poor timing and bad luck. Only the Jets.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

LOL.  Sounds more like par for the course to me.  QB getting suspended for cheating?  Now that is a setback.  

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Another interesting thing for folks who care about context.  Back to back AFCCGs isn't all that big of a deal.  Since the Jets did it, the Ravens have done it, and the Pats have done it twice.  It happens all the time, in fact, seemingly there's rarely a 3 year period where at least one team didn't go to back to back AFCCGs.

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

This is it really, my first thought though was; remember when Mark Sanchez was a QB that we ALL believed in? He was a player who actually rose to the occasion and played better in big games. I still contend that he was never the same player after that illegal chop shot he took in the championship game that dirtbag dirty player James Harrison (who didn't even get a flag) inflicted upon him. That's all I have to say.

There was literally never a time when Mark Sanchez was a QB that we ALL believed in.

At best, Mark Sanchez was a QB that a bunch of fans believed in, a bunch of fans thought he wasn't very good but flashed at moments and might improve, and a few fans rightly expected he'd always be awful.

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

You know what my favorite thing about this argument is? It's that the Jets are the only team to pad their rushing stats against bad teams.  No other teams played lesser opponents all year and benefited statistically, not one.

That's what good rushing teams do.  They destroy bad rushing defenses and run well enough against the top rushing defenses to keep them honest.

17 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Soooooo the reason we've missed the playoffs for 5 straight years is because we drafted Sanchez 7 years ago.  Got it!  Makes perfect sense.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah huh, look at what the QB whisperer Chip Kelly did for him.  Watch what Kubiak is going to do for him.

Development and Weapons and Sanchez was Montana.  Stupid Rex dragged the kid to 2 AFC champ games.  Completely failed the poor unfortunate kid. 

Elway and Kubiak must be idiots.  Oh wait!

I contend he partially tore his labrum sometime near the end of 2011, played with that ticking time bomb of a shoulder throughout the 2012 season and going into the 2013 camp.  That hit in the 4th quarter of the Giants preseason finally tore it completely, which forced him to have the surgery he should have had years before.  Sanchez always threw WTF passes into coverage but the big difference I noticed late in 2011 and though out 2012 was that those WTF passes were ducks not unlike the ones Favre was throwing late in 2008 when he tried to hide that apparent shoulder injury.  Watching him play with the Eagles, the difference in the velocity of his throws compared to the final year and a quarter of him playing here was striking.  If I'm right about about this, he has no one to blame for his fall from grace here but himself.

11 hours ago, gEYno said:

Mark Sanchez is the NFL leader in turnovers per game since 2009.  #toptenish

Mark Sanchez led the NFL in dropped INTs by a mile in 2010 #toptenish

While some scoff at the latter stat, the reason it's kept track of is it means it was badly enough thrown to be a pick, which means it was a worse throw than a mere incomplete pass. Dumb luck that it was dropped, but whether it was an INT or not had to do with the defender muffing it, not whether it was bad enough to be picked off. He otherwise gets more credit for it being dropped, as though he'd thrown it away on purpose. While his "stats" treat a throw right at a defender the same as one thrown OOB on purpose, in reality one is a safe throw and he other is an atrocious throw. It gives a fuller indication of how good of a passer a player is. Also fumbles - particularly a fumble-6 - are absent from his passer rating stats even when it's effectively the dagger that ended our playoff run.

Just like some point at dropped passes (on good passes) as an excuse, or if a pick only happened because it bounced off a receiver's hands. 

The Jets ruined him, lol. Yeah right. NFL body, NCAA head. That's what ruined him.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I counted passing and rushing TDs and INTs and fumbles.  15/15 is not good.

And I was talking about the Packers choke job against the Seahawks.

Don't bother. Go check out the Eagles injury reports when Foles was in. Was it only 2/5 of their OL or was it 3/5 missing? Compared to those games, Fitz 2015 had a relative eternity to throw per dropback. 

Archived