This is what I dont understand.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I bet Buffalo had similar expectations after giving Fitz big money.

Also Fitz may have been consistent because he had a consistently good team (coach, OC, offensive weapons and a defense) around him.  Remove all of those.  Think he'd still be consistently good?

Well thankfully the Jets won't be removing the coach, OC, offensive weapons and the defense this year....so we should be okay. But yes nothing is guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Apparently many do give a fug.  Here, on talk radio and most importantly in the Jets' front office (otherwise he'd be signed by now).

The comment went over the crown of your head as usual.  You replied to a post by another poster making a simple and very correct observation.  You leapt in, ignored his point and starting flapping your gums about why fitz is awful.  I relied to you saying no one gives a fug about the normal legion of ftiz bashers have to say becasue they have zero leg to stand on in regard to how he played last year as far as being 'Consistent'  You missing the point completely as usual tried to turn it into a ftiz bash comment.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Well thankfully the Jets won't be removing the coach, OC, offensive weapons and the defense this year....so we should be okay. But yes nothing is guaranteed.

Right, but ...  ugh, nevermind.  I'm sure everyone sees where I'm going.

( fill in the blank )

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The comment went over the crown of your head as usual. 

As usual? wtf?

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You replied to a post by another poster making a simple and very correct observation.  You leapt in, ignored his point and starting flapping your gums about why fitz is awful.  I relied to you saying no one gives a fug about the normal legion of ftiz bashers have to say becasue they have zero leg to stand on in regard to how he played last year as far as being 'Consistent'  You missing the point completely as usual tried to turn it into a ftiz bash comment.

The point I believe was that Fitz can be consistently good and that's all we need.  I believe that's incorrect.  He has proven he's not consistently good.  Also don't want to pay big money for him when chances are he was good because of his surroundings.  Something younger and cheaper QBs can do.

10 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Why draft lynch when you have petty? Is there a difference? Is there enough of a difference to take a developmental QB in the first round?

Yup, and if Lynch is drafted while also signing Fitz or some other vet, who gets dropped?  Geno isn't going anywhere.  At less than 2mil, we're not finding a better backup option and I seriously doubt they'll have Petty/Lynch as the 2nd stringer.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Who was on our coaching staff that would have helped to develop Sanchez or Geno? What offensive weapons did we give them (and let them keep) to help develop confidence and chemistry?

Thats a great question. I've asked that question to Jets fans in an attempt to show how bad the Jets situation was, especially on the offensive side of the ball, not just talent wise but coaching as well. No one wanted to hear it. 

It doesnt matter. This is precisely why Im even asking this question my friend. If he has a bad season it wont matter what happened. And im not saying that you should reach for every excuse in the book, but especially with Geno,....no one can tell me that the QB situation those first 2 years were a conducive situation. 

He was consistently good last year, no one gives a fug what excuse people want to bring up for why they think he is awful but still got good results for total fluke reasons.

No one knows how he will do next year, no one can guarantee that he was not good becasue of any reason you wish to drum up.  He was consistently good last year.

How is being ranked in the bottom 25% of the majority of QB metrics considered "consistently good"?

Even his best 2 metrics (TD's and yardage) barely put him in the top 50% of the league.

To say his performance last year was consistently good, is totally delusional.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats a great question. I've asked that question to Jets fans in an attempt to show how bad the Jets situation was, especially on the offensive side of the ball, not just talent wise but coaching as well. No one wanted to hear it. 

It doesnt matter. This is precisely why Im even asking this question my friend. If he has a bad season it wont matter what happened. And im not saying that you should reach for every excuse in the book, but especially with Geno,....no one can tell me that the QB situation those first 2 years were a conducive situation. 

:good:

I appreciate the point you're trying to get at Villain... It's a philosophical hot potato you're throwing back at JN... But, there's problems with your logic - mainly that you're making sweeping generalizations that aren't based on anything empirical, just perceived.

1-- I think majority Jet fans were patient with both Pennington and Sanchez... it wasn't until Mark's last year that everyone had had enough. People put up with the two surgeries to Chad Noodleton's arm and still gave him some leeway. So you're incorrectly labelling us based on a turbulent last 3-4 years. 

2-- You're WAAAAAAAYYYYY over playing the "developmental" prospect BS. You make it sound like he's a fetus. Newsflash - ALL QBs need development. Lynch would out-perform Wentz in year 1... I guarantee you that. It may end up being detrimental to Lynch's development career - forcing him to rely on scrambling and simple reads - but he would do better than Carson Headlights Wentz. This Lynch is too raw sh*t is for the birds. You don't know what you're talking about.

3-- This new regime seems to get it... Fitz is coming regardless of Lynch is here or not. Say it with me. Lynch AND Fitz could co-exist in NY in positive manner. One that will allow Lynch to spend some time learning LIKE ALL QBs should... 

Also, Lynch has the potential to be fcking BEHEMOTH superbowl winning QB who dominates on all levels... so there's that. 

39 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Why draft lynch when you have petty? Is there a difference? Is there enough of a difference to take a developmental QB in the first round?

Lynch and Petty are two different animals. You mean why draft another 6'-4" generic hack with average tools (Cook, Hackenburg) when we already have Petty?

Developmental? Raw is just a clichéd buzzword. Raw is the reason for pro coaching.

If Lynch fails badly he'll serve as a career backup -- just like Mike Glemmon. 

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Geno Smith is a 3 year QB who's actually only played 2 seasons???? So is waiting to see some sort of result after 10 years your normal expectation? That's completely insane and you could never keep a captive fan base doing that. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen any team be as patient as what you're talking about? 3 years is a NORMAL timeframe to evaluate a QB. It's just right. If after 3 years the guy has shown nothing to give you confidence? Then it's time to kick that kid to the curb. Sanchez was given 4 seasons and I think everyone in the fan base now realizes he should have only gotten 3. Year 4 just reinforced what everyone had likely suspected but didn't want to believe.

In Geno's case it's even easier. Just about everyone in the fan base hates the A$$hole for good reason. This, not to mention he's a terrible QB. The jury is in with Geno. It's time for him to go on the unemployment line and I for one could not be happier.

If we draft Paxton Lynch we'll be looking for something, anything to indicate he's on the right path. That's all. We are not saying if he doesn't win the SB in year 3 then he's trash and we must cut him. But 3 years is a pretty fair amount of time to see if the QB you have invested so much time into is worth it.

Giving him the time to actually play out the majority of his 4 year contract would have been the better thing to do. The fact that you've jumped from 2 years to 10 years on a 4 year contract shows clear as day the type of fanbase that im talking about. Everything is so damn extreme and never ever sensible. Why are you talking about 10 years on a 4 year deal and why cant you understand that a 2nd round QB that shouldnt have been starting his rookie season to begin with should atleast have gotten the opportunity at development and talent. Geno got neither in those 2 seasons. Furthermore, why the need for the outrageousness (jets fans) talking about 10 years and he hasnt even been a professional for 4 seasons given that he's not completed his rookie contract. 

You dont have to like Geno, or even what I said, but common sense would show that starting your statement with "10 years your normal expection", then following that up with "its completely insane and you could never keep a fanbase captive doing that" is precisely the type of dumb responses that im trying to avoid 8 months from today. 

This dude is still on his 2nd round rookie contract and you're talking about 10 f'ing years. This fanbase never fails bro. I literally couldnt read anything you said after that. It would be "insane" to even do so. You can respond, I dont even care to read it. This is the stupid sh*t I'd like avoid 8 months from now being spewed all over the f'ing forums. 

"10 years"....lol. Just asinine 

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Nobody is expecting elite, we're expecting consistency. Sanchez had his moments but then he would be absolutely brutal with the turnovers. Same goes for Geno. You never knew which guy you were gonna get on Sunday.

At least with Fitz last year, we kinda knew we were gonna get 2TDS to 1INT at the least. If we can have that again this coming year and draft a QB, he won't have to play till year 2. 

Geno Smith his rookie season threw 12 TD's and 21 INT's. Geno cut his turnovers in half, with less talent around him his 2nd season. This is nothing but excuses and a waste of a draft pick due to lack of development. 

Sign a vet. 

2 hours ago, derp said:

There was a point I was interested in Lynch with a caveat - that he came across well/football intelligent and is sharp. I have no idea how he looked on the board, but he kind of seemed like a bit of a goofball which is why I was concerned. Then he reportedly performed horribly on the Wonderlic. 

I don't think any of that is the be all end all, but it is somewhat concerning. If you're talking about bringing someone in and developing them, as you noted, I think you want them to be intelligent. Intelligence is only one factor of the evaluation, but I think it's more important when you have to teach someone how to play a position. I'll certainly root for Lynch if the Jets draft him, but I'm concerned about the idea of picking up a developmental guy who might not pick things up especially quickly. I also think they cited Petty's intelligence as a reason for their interest last year so I think/hope they're out on him. My guess is actually that Lynch slides to day 2 but who knows.

It seems your issue with Lynch is that he's a developmental prospect and Jets fans are interested in taking him but tend to be impatient. I think the hole in the logic there is that you're assuming everyone wants Lynch to start right away. Let's say for argument's sake that some of the unknowns about Lynch are answered in the affirmative - i.e. he absolutely killed it on the whiteboard, has a great football IQ even though he's not the sharpest guy, picks up concepts quickly, takes to coaching, etc and that became apparent to the FO/coaching staff throughout the process. A lot of my objections to him go out the window and I'd be interested.

But I actually want the Jets to take a developmental quarterback, sit him for a year or two behind Fitzpatrick, and let him learn the position. I don't want the Jets to draft a QB and start them right away because that's had such disastrous results in the past, and because they have a solid veteran QB right now who would make an excellent mentor for a bit. So if Lynch is a good developmental prospect from all angles I'm all for it. What I'm actually not interested in is a guy who's going to be there at 20 and is viewed as pro ready because that guy must have a bunch of other holes. In the third-fifth round a-la Hogan? Great. But I don't want to spend a premium-ish pick on somebody and throw them in the fire right away. I'd rather take someone with tools and develop them. Super premium selection (Luck, etc) is a completely different story of course. But that obviously isn't an option right now.

There's no hole. Jet fans have said it here that they NEVER want to see Geno take another snap under center as a Jet. A guy who's still under a rookie deal. 

If we draft Lynch and its him, Geno and Petty, Jets fans will NOT be looking for Geno to start. Im not assuming this....the reason why I even made the thread is based on what fans here on this forum have publicly said along with alot of support behind it. 

Outside of that, great response! 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

There's no hole. Jet fans have said it here that they NEVER want to see Geno take another snap under center as a Jet. A guy who's still under a rookie deal. 

If we draft Lynch and its him, Geno and Petty, Jets fans will NOT be looking for Geno to start. Im not assuming this....the reason why I even made the thread is based on what fans here on this forum have publicly said along with alot of support behind it. 

Outside of that, great response! 

Fair enough, I guess what I was going for is not all fans have that mentality. I think some, myself included, maybe it's me alone, would like a developmental QB behind a veteran.

Also I know we don't interact much on the site (partially because I don't post a lot) but FYI you did get me into Kevin Hogan as the QB for the Jets to target this draft (assuming it's R3 or later for me personally). I'd be thrilled if they can land him day 3.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I appreciate the point you're trying to get at Villain... It's a philosophical hot potato you're throwing back at JN... But, there's problems with your logic - mainly that you're making sweeping generalizations that aren't based on anything empirical, just perceived.

1-- I think majority Jet fans were patient with both Pennington and Sanchez... it wasn't until Mark's last year that everyone had had enough. People put up with the two surgeries to Chad Noodleton's arm and still gave him some leeway. So you're incorrectly labelling us based on a turbulent last 3-4 years. 

2-- You're WAAAAAAAYYYYY over playing the "developmental" prospect BS. You make it sound like he's a fetus. Newsflash - ALL QBs need development. Lynch would out-perform Wentz in year 1... I guarantee you that. It may end up being detrimental to Lynch's development career - forcing him to rely on scrambling and simple reads - but he would do better than Carson Headlights Wentz. This Lynch is too raw sh*t is for the birds. You don't know what you're talking about.

3-- This new regime seems to get it... Fitz is coming regardless of Lynch is here or not. Say it with me. Lynch AND Fitz could co-exist in NY in positive manner. One that will allow Lynch to spend some time learning LIKE ALL QBs should... 

Also, Lynch has the potential to be fcking BEHEMOTH superbowl winning QB who dominates on all levels... so there's that. 

Thanks. 

Let me respond to what you said. 

1. Fans werent patient with Chad Pennington in the way that im talking about. We had Vinny Testaverde and Jets fans were still high on that 1998 ride. It was quite obvious that Pennington was going to sit behind our starter and develop and ultimately be the successor. This is actually the perfect opportunity to draft a rookie QB and hide him. People were pissed at Sanchez calling him a bust and how the defense carried him his rookie and sophomore seasons. Im not sure if you were around Jetnation at the time but I remember it clearly. Thats not the type of response Pennington got, probably because he was sitting his first 2 seasons....developing. 

2. Im not way overplaying the developmental card. Paxton Lynch is a one read & run QB. He wasnt asked to have run an intricate pre-snap read system. He didnt have to go through progressions often. But to get past that part, let me just say it plainly, he's not ready. Of course every QB has to develop because every rookie is entering the professional level on a new team with new offenses/defense etc. But there are obvious differences depending on QB's prior history and their success in those roles. However, its one thing to learn a new system, its another to learn a new system via your study book, while also having to learn HOW to run it real time. Lynch is coming from a one read spread offense with read option elements, playing at Memphis. No, he's not a fetus, but he's not ready, which is the point here. 

3. Fitz could come here, Fitz could be out of a Job. We'll have to see. The last time I checked, negotiations are met by both sides agreeing. Maybe you have some inside knowledge, but I havent heard a thing. 

Every rookie QB with qualities have super f'ing potential, until they're a Jet and its the end of the first season. Then they're nothing more than a scrub that was worse than the prior QB. Tell me im wrong! lol. 

Petty and Lynch are two different types of QBs in the way that they play and things they need to work on to be successful in the NFL.  But there are quite a few similarities between the two on paper.  Pre-draft both were/are in consideration for the 3rd best QB in their respective drafts and both need a year or two to develop and adjust to the NFL game.

Name Heght Weight 40 Yard Dash Vertical Broad 3 Cone Wonderlic Career Games Career Cmp Career Att Career Cmp % Career Yds Career Yd/A Career TDs Career Int Career Sacked Career Rush Att Career Rush Yds Career Yds/Rush Career Rush Tds
Bryce Petty 6'3" 230 4.87 34 121 6.91 31 37 530 845 62.7 8195 9.7 62 10 42 192 338 1.8 21
Paxton Lynch 6'7" 244 4.86 36 118 7.14 18 38 758 1205 62.9 8863 7.4 59 23 57 288 687 2.4 17

I believe the Jets need to draft a QB every year until they find one.  Wouldn't mind if they drafted Lynch but wouldn't be my first choice.  I still think they need a veteran QB if they are going to continue to draft developmental QBs to take some of the pressure off of them.  Even if they draft Lynch and name him the starter I would think they would want to bring in another QB to mentor him (sort of what they did with Sanchez/Brunell or Luck/Hasselbeck).  

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno Smith his rookie season threw 12 TD's and 21 INT's. Geno cut his turnovers in half, with less talent around him his 2nd season. This is nothing but excuses and a waste of a draft pick due to lack of development. 

Sign a vet. 

Geno didn't cut his turnovers in half. He had less turnovers, sure. But he also played a lot less, had less attempts passing, and fumbled just as much in his second season. He was so bad they put in the ghost of Michael Vick for a few terrible games. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why do Jets fans even want this organization to trade for Mike Glennon?

I get it, we need a QB...but why Glennon? I ask this outside of everyone's personal feelings on the kid, however, one thing that I believe we can all agree with is that he's a unproven failed-once-already and benched QB.

Why do you guys want someone else’s backup QB that is not the most NFL ready out of the group available? Jets fans have proven that generally, we have absolutely no patience. Almost no one wants to ever see Geno Smith start a game for the Jets again, and he's only a 3 year QB who's only played 2 seasons. Almost a similar situation with Mark Sanchez in terms of the fanbase disassociating themselves from him.

If we trade for Mike Glennon many Jets fans will be jumping for joy because we "finally got a franchise QB", another portion of the fanbase will say "hey, not exactly what I want, but I'll give him a chance". It'll be 1993 & 1997 all over again. If Mike Glennon ends up the starter for the Jets this year and has a terrible year you know what will be said? The same thing we heard about every other castoff from another team "talent", but it will be even louder given his position. Just look at Fitz.

Jets fans dont have the patience to develop a QB, nor do you guys even want the patience. You guys want it all, and you want it right now. So again, WHY do so many Jets fans want to trade for Mike Glennon, a failed and benched developmental prospect? He's a failure thus far, yet no Jets fan will want to hear having him sit and start Fitz.  We all know for an absolute fact that Jet Nation will not stand for starting Fitz over Glennon for "development reasons". And when I say "sit him" I don’t mean the bullcrap benching, like what Glennon suffered in Tampa Bay. You know, wait for the crowd to boo and THEN put the rookie in so it’s like the "fans asked for it". I’m talking about taking an Aaron Rodgers type seat. The first thing a Jets fan will say is "Then why did we waste a draft pick on him"? And I will say to you today that this it’s a damn good question, because if he shows that he's not ready, he will be cast to the side by the fanbase...just like we always do, and it will ultimately be a waste of a season on a castoff veteran, just like it was in 1993 and like it was in 1997.

Why not just resign Fitzpatrick or draft Lynch then? Why even waste your time begging to trade for this failed benched QB that is obviously not very good? Everyone loves facts right, and they love to talk about what the Pundit's think. Well, the experts think that the most "NFL ready" free agent QB available is Fitzpatrick, our starter last year. He may not have the highest upside in terms of raw talent (the experts say), but he can make enough of the throws to set franchise records. One thing he does have is, the confidence of his teammates, the Jets coaches and the Jets offense skill players, all of whom love him and say he’s NFL ready RIGHT NOW....it's Fitz.

So, I ask again, why trade for a failed backup QB with some potential upside, but will most likely be labeled a bust 8 months from today over a guy who doesn’t have that rocket for an arm, though strong enough to set franchise records last year, and he understands the game and will make the right decisions with the football. Also, this isn’t a pro Fitzpatrick thread, this is why I even mentioned going as far as drafting Lynch or Hogan.

Why even put yourself though wanting to trade for a QB when you're not even interested in having the patience of even letting him develop? Geno Smith signed a 4 year deal and Jets fans were done with him after year 1. Sanchez signed a 5 year deal and Jets fans TRIED to be done with him after year 1 but he had a solid playoff run. Jets fans again tried to be done with him after year 2 but he had another solid playoff run....then we finally got to be done with him after year 3 because there was no playoff run for him to possibly redeem himself.

WTF is the point, really? I'd rather see us draft Lynch or Hogan than the Jets trade for Glennon and have to read the nonsense that will be all over this board in 8 months if Glennon has a bad season. And you should know its bad when Fish would rather draft Lynch then deal with that nonsense. lol.

We are not interested in developing quarterbacks. We want Andrew Luck. How about we just wait for the next Andrew Luck to hit the draft instead of wasting our time trading for an already once-failed soon-to-be-castoff backup QB that we won’t want on this team by December.

To all the Glennon supporters, this isn’t a shot at Glennon. I have many other threads to where I can take my shots at Glennon. This is about knowing this fanbase and knowing damn well that if he's already failed once and he's thrown into the fire we're going to do the same thing we always do...bitch and moan about how much of a bust he is and how he's unsalvageable.

So whats the point?  Really?

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno didn't cut his turnovers in half. He had less turnovers, sure. But he also played a lot less, had less attempts passing, and fumbled just as much in his second season. He was so bad they put in the ghost of Michael Vick for a few terrible games. 

Semantics. Yes Carl, it wasnt exacly half. However, you failed to mention how his completion percentage went up, his pass TD's went up, his QBR and Rat went up. At the end of the day he had less turnovers, with less talent around him. The fact that they put Vick in (who did no better) meant nothing when the point here....the ACTUAL POINT here, is how proper development never took place, and Jets fans dont have the patience to deal with the bumpy road because we've been more content with pointing fingers as some way for us to feel better for rooting for a lousy team over the years.

People dont admit to that because they dont like Geno Smith, not because im incorrect.

32 minutes ago, derp said:

Fair enough, I guess what I was going for is not all fans have that mentality. I think some, myself included, maybe it's me alone, would like a developmental QB behind a veteran.

Also I know we don't interact much on the site (partially because I don't post a lot) but FYI you did get me into Kevin Hogan as the QB for the Jets to target this draft (assuming it's R3 or later for me personally). I'd be thrilled if they can land him day 3.

Not every fan has this mentality, but it was enough for me to generalize. The fact that I made this thread as a Jets fan proves that point. Not all people responded to this thread in a thought provoking way like you did. I'd like a developmental QB behind a veteran as well (Pennington behind Testaverde), which is why Im saying "why draft lynch". The kid is not ready and Jet fans will probably piss on themselves if they see Geno (another QB not properly dealt with) under center. If we're going to go the rookie QB route then atleast get the QB that is most NFL ready. He's actually attainable. Or just trade for Bradford, Glennon or resign Fitz. However, the nonsense of drafting QB's and not properly developing them or cutting their time short is a waste of time and draft picks. 

This fanbase cannot be trusted. People have even said that they want to see what Petty can do....he's not even the damn 2nd string QB on the team. Shows the type of hate these guys have for Geno. 

I want Lynch for two reasons.

1) Insane/off the charts physical ability at the QB position

2) Chan Gailey's ability to get the most out of the physical ability of his QB's

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

Lynch and Petty are two different animals. You mean why draft another 6'-4" generic hack with average tools (Cook, Hackenburg) when we already have Petty?

Developmental? Raw is just a clichéd buzzword. Raw is the reason for pro coaching.

If Lynch fails badly he'll serve as a career backup -- just like Mike Glemmon. 

#Attentionwhore 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Giving him the time to actually play out the majority of his 4 year contract would have been the better thing to do. The fact that you've jumped from 2 years to 10 years on a 4 year contract shows clear as day the type of fanbase that im talking about. Everything is so damn extreme and never ever sensible. Why are you talking about 10 years on a 4 year deal and why cant you understand that a 2nd round QB that shouldnt have been starting his rookie season to begin with should atleast have gotten the opportunity at development and talent. Geno got neither in those 2 seasons. Furthermore, why the need for the outrageousness (jets fans) talking about 10 years and he hasnt even been a professional for 4 seasons given that he's not completed his rookie contract. 

You dont have to like Geno, or even what I said, but common sense would show that starting your statement with "10 years your normal expection", then following that up with "its completely insane and you could never keep a fanbase captive doing that" is precisely the type of dumb responses that im trying to avoid 8 months from today. 

This dude is still on his 2nd round rookie contract and you're talking about 10 f'ing years. This fanbase never fails bro. I literally couldnt read anything you said after that. It would be "insane" to even do so. You can respond, I dont even care to read it. This is the stupid sh*t I'd like avoid 8 months from now being spewed all over the f'ing forums. 

"10 years"....lol. Just asinine 

Calm the f*ck down dude! I used 10 years as an example of people that think giving young kids multiple years to become a QB can be perverted in the opposite direction as well.

First of all, how do you know that Geno should not have been starting from day one? As far as I'm concerned, he would have sucked a fat one no matter how much time you gave him. In case you hadn't noticed, Geno Smith is a f*cking moron that repeats the same rookie mistakes over and over and over again. And listen, the fact is he's NOT worthy of starting for the NYJ anyway. His total lack of respect for a teammate shows his immaturity and should convince you in no uncertain terms that he is NOT leadership material. Honestly, if you can't see that then you are just a guy that has a problem with objectivity. Now are you?

And where exactly did I say anything about giving young QB's two years to develop? I would love to know how you came up with that? What I said was THREE years NOT two. Get it now?

And what YOU are failing to realize is that football is a business. It is a for profit business. People go to football games to see entertainment and WINNING. We've never gotten much of either from Geno Smith. He sucked as a starting QB and if you thought he was entertaining then all you had to do was wait a while and you'd see him to something totally f*cking psychotic with the football and cause the Jets to lose. Coaches do not last for 4 or 5 or 6 years or whatever makes you warm and fuzzy about a QB's development time. They need to see RESULTS and if they haven't seen anything within 3 years of his drafting? Then he is most normally gotten rid of and I couldn't agree with that move more. This is a results business, It isn't about a bunch of pussies sitting around a campfire singing boy scout songs and having cookies and milk. They are supposed to be the best of the best. Therefore, they'd better show it because season ticket holders, the owner, and most of all the coaches want results.

3 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Calm the f*ck down dude! I used 10 years as an example of people that think giving young kids multiple years to become a QB can be perverted in the opposite direction as well.

First of all, how do you know that Geno should not have been starting from day one? As far as I'm concerned, he would have sucked a fat one no matter how much time you gave him. In case you hadn't noticed, Geno Smith is a f*cking moron that repeats the same rookie mistakes over and over and over again. And listen, the fact is he's NOT worthy of starting for the NYJ anyway. His total lack of respect for a teammate shows his immaturity and should convince you in no uncertain terms that he is NOT leadership material. Honestly, if you can't see that then you are just a guy that has a problem with objectivity. Now are you?

And where exactly did I say anything about giving young QB's two years to develop? I would love to know how you came up with that? What I said was THREE years NOT two. Get it now?

And what YOU are failing to realize is that football is a business. It is a for profit business. People go to football games to see entertainment and WINNING. We've never gotten much of either from Geno Smith. He sucked as a starting QB and if you thought he was entertaining then all you had to do was wait a while and you'd see him to something totally f*cking psychotic with the football and cause the Jets to lose. Coaches do not last for 4 or 5 or 6 years or whatever makes you warm and fuzzy about a QB's development time. They need to see RESULTS and if they haven't seen anything within 3 years of his drafting? Then he is most normally gotten rid of and I couldn't agree with that move more. This is a results business, It isn't about a bunch of pussies sitting around a campfire singing boy scout songs and having cookies and milk. They are supposed to be the best of the best. Therefore, they'd better show it because season ticket holders, the owner, and most of all the coaches want results.

Not interested. Dismissed. 

Archived