Awesome insight from Bill "Duane" Parcells

Jetster

Heard an interview with Parcells on Sirius NFL radio. He was asked about the difference in todays game compared to when he coached in the league. 

Heres his answer: "offenses throw the ball a lot more now than they did back then. A lot more short underneath passing. The offensive lines though bigger aren't as good at run blocking. We probably were in a nickel defense about 40% of our snaps, today it's more like 80% nickel".

And there you have it! Please give Todd Bowles the time to implement his plan, his defense. We got KILLED in the flat last year & on 3rd & short in the passing game. Now you know why Bowles & Macc took Lee. He's a fast 232 LB nickel LB/Safety.

Bowles wants interchangeable guys, Pryor, Jarrett, Gilchrist & now Lee who is his hybrid ( Buchannon) type only 25 LBs meaner. He's got the horses up front. Now he's finishing the short middle of the defense with more speed. QBs aren't going to be able to slip through, or roll away & eat a ham sandwich like they did when Pace chased them.

Lets hope the other statement he made turns out to be complete horsesh*t. He absolutely loves Brissett the QB the Patriots drafted. But remember, when it comes to offense this is the same Parcells that told Archie Manning he couldn't promise him that he would take Payton @ #1. Jets would have probably won another Superbowl if not for that 1 selfish moment, Bill had no TIME for a rookie QB, arghh.

Not to mention the major pain in the rear end that is Gronk. I bet he don't outrun Lee too often. Jenkins is a fast interior type also who should help in pass game also. What we need is for Mauldin to become a 12-sack guy to complement Mo, who it looks like will leave next year with little compensation. 

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Not to mention the major pain in the rear end that is Gronk. I bet he don't outrun Lee too often. Jenkins is a fast interior type also who should help in pass game also. What we need is for Mauldin to become a 12-sack guy to complement Mo, who it looks like will leave next year with little compensation. 

Gronk will just run right over lee whether he is there or not.

The very 1st thing out of the announcers mouth will be 'You can't cover gronk with a LB!  The Pats will take that match up all day long!'

If you are playing nickle and dime all the time you use those type of cover guys.  Hate to be one of the naughty naysayers but a small fast ILB has a dcent change to get run over in the run game and still can't cover rbs or TEs in the passing game.

Buchanon was a quality safety converted into a LB not a LB you are trying to covert into a safety.  Lee may be good no doubt about it, we will find out very quickly if he was the right pick.

(I also agree with Parcells about Brissett, I liked him out of that 2nd tier or QB's along with Brandon Allen.)

I suspect we'll be slightly worse against the run this year but much better against the pass.  It will be a net positive. 

Those saying our schedule is tough will soon realize that playing the Jets defense will be something teams will not be looking forward to.  

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I suspect we'll be slightly worse against the run this year but much better against the pass.  It will be a net positive. 

Those saying our schedule is tough will soon realize that playing the Jets defense will be something teams will not be looking forward to.  

I think the drop in run defense will be very minimal. Mo, Leo & Sheldon are big strong beasts. The pass defense will be much improved with everyone in the 2nd year in this defense. I think we're in for a treat when it comes to the defense. The offense just has to be consistent now that we'll most likely have decent special teams & a punter.

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If this is the result then these moves are totally worth it.  It's a passing league and teams run up big yards usually if they get a decent lead early. 

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The very 1st thing out of the announcers mouth will be 'You can't cover gronk with a LB!  The Pats will take that match up all day long!'

If you are playing nickle and dime all the time you use those type of cover guys.  Hate to be one of the naughty naysayers but a small fast ILB has a dcent change to get run over in the run game and still can't cover rbs or TEs in the passing game.

Buchanon was a quality safety converted into a LB not a LB you are trying to covert into a safety.  Lee may be good no doubt about it, we will find out very quickly if he was the right pick.

(I also agree with Parcells about Brissett, I liked him out of that 2nd tier or QB's along with Brandon Allen.)

Who can cover Gronk?

Thing is, they got Martellus Bennet from Chicago.  So BB can play 2 TE all day long.  If you put in run personal, they will throw it.  If you put in pass, they will run it behind those 2 monsters.  This is going to be awful.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Heard an interview with Parcells on Sirius NFL radio. He was asked about the difference in todays game compared to when he coached in the league. 

Heres his answer: "offenses throw the ball a lot more now than they did back then. A lot more short underneath passing. The offensive lines though bigger aren't as good at run blocking. We probably were in a nickel defense about 40% of our snaps, today it's more like 80% nickel".

And there you have it! Please give Todd Bowles the time to implement his plan, his defense. We got KILLED in the flat last year & on 3rd & short in the passing game. Now you know why Bowles & Macc took Lee. He's a fast 232 LB nickel LB/Safety.

Bowles wants interchangeable guys, Pryor, Jarrett, Gilchrist & now Lee who is his hybrid ( Buchannon) type only 25 LBs meaner. He's got the horses up front. Now he's finishing the short middle of the defense with more speed. QBs aren't going to be able to slip through, or roll away & eat a ham sandwich like they did when Pace chased them.

Lets hope the other statement he made turns out to be complete horsesh*t. He absolutely loves Brissett the QB the Patriots drafted. But remember, when it comes to offense this is the same Parcells that told Archie Manning he couldn't promise him that he would take Payton @ #1. Jets would have probably won another Superbowl if not for that 1 selfish moment, Bill had no TIME for a rookie QB, arghh.

If this were Parcells selecting Lee with Bellichick as his DC? Then I would not have a problem accepting what they did was what was best for the NYJ. WTF is Todd Bowles? Some guy Mac says is a great HC? The same Mac that just picked f*cking mighty midget to solve all their rush linebacker problems. Sorry, I'll pass on giving these a$$holes the least little smidgeon of credit until I actually see it on the field.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Who can cover Gronk?

Thing is, they got Martellus Bennet from Chicago.  So BB can play 2 TE all day long.  If you put in run personal, they will throw it.  If you put in pass, they will run it behind those 2 monsters.  This is going to be awful.

Thats if they are both healthy and playing at the same time! :)

Also I still fully expect Pryor to be handling Gronk most of the time.  You really can't stop Gronk but he definitely contained him better then anyone else I've seen.

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

If this were Parcells selecting Lee with Bellichick as his DC? Then I would not have a problem accepting what they did was what was best for the NYJ. WTF is Todd Bowles? Some guy Mac says is a great HC? The same Mac that just picked f*cking mighty midget to solve all their rush linebacker problems. Sorry, I'll pass on giving these a$$holes the least little smidgeon of credit until I actually see it on the field.

Maybe you should find a new hobby. Must suck being this miserable over something you supposedly like. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sad but true. Westhoff mentioned on SNY that Bowles would use him to cover Gronk. He'll get torched trying to cover Gronk. He's giving up like 5 inches in height. There's no way he'll be able to prevent Gronk from catching the ball and eventually as the game wears on, he'll burn Lee big time. But I'd imagine he'll keep Pryor as double coverage.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Maybe you should find a new hobby. Must suck being this miserable over something you supposedly like. 

And have no control over . Seems to me based on the comment, that his issues really isn't with the draft pick, but the people who made the pick .

4 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Seriously doubt anyone gives a shlt that you'll wait to you actually see something on the field. 

13 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Did darron lee **** your woman?

16 hours ago, Mainejet said:

MJ the Tuna was one of the worst GM's the Jets ever had, great HC but sucked as a GM..

On May 12, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Beerfish said:

Want some cheese with that wine?

39 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Want some cheese with that wine?

lol, not agreeing with the masses that say, yeah!  We just drafted a guy he's gojng to be awesomesauce! is whining.  Can't wait for Less multiple pro bowls.

Archived