Gailey: Giant Steps for Geno

Maxman

15 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Ridiculous assumptions?

Fitzpatrick is likely to be back.  That means that Fitzpatrick is likely going to be the starter.  If Petty has taken a big enough leap, Geno is done.  The only reason they'll keep Geno if Fitzpatrick is back is because they don't want to throw Petty or Hackenberg into the fire.  

I've said it a hundred times and i'll say it again: the Jets do not have any faith as Geno Smith as a starting QB.

A billion times THIS. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2016 at 2:21 PM, Augustiniak said:

fitz was more decisive and ran quicker.  he rushed 60 times for 270 yards, for 21 first downs and 2 tds.  4.5 yard average.  he made positive yards many times he didn't throw, and that's what you don't get nearly as much with geno, the situational awareness that can minimize negative plays and create positive yards.

Being a 10 year vet you would expect that. Geno has had a year to watch and learn. Perhaps he has.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The massive improvement shown by Geno Smith?

The press doesnt have to talk about Geno.  Every Fitz fan does it.  Cant talk about Fitz without bringing Geno up, its amazing

Just now, Jet Nut said:

The press doesnt have to talk about Geno.  Every Fitz fan does it.  Cant talk about Fitz without bringing Geno up, its amazing

Those two are the presumptive first choices to be the starter for the Jets going into the season.  Of course they are being compared to one another.  What other comparison makes any sense?

Most is not all of the Geno threads that are currently spamming these boards have been started by Geno supporters.  And yet Fitz supporters cannot stop talking about Geno.... Chutzpah much?

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The massive improvement shown by Geno Smith?

He has clearly shown improvement in his ability to show up for charitable events to which he has committed, no?

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Those two are the presumptive first choices to be the starter for the Jets going into the season.  Of course they are being compared to one another.  What other comparison makes any sense?

Most is not all of the Geno threads that are currently spamming these boards have been started by Geno supporters.  And yet Fitz supporters cannot stop talking about Geno.... Chutzpah much?

Thats a different story than if someone asks a question about Fitz and you get a sarcastic comment about how Geno sucks.  Has nothing to do with each other.  If asked about Fitz whether you hate Geno or not doesnt change a thing in regards to what Fitz is.  So no, it makes no sense at all.

Chutzpah?  No, common sense says Fitz is the same player whether we have Geno or not, having to denigrate Geno to make a positive point about Fitz is lazy and pointless.

Kind of like defending it by saying that most of the threads are started by Geno supporters.  Or better yet that any thread about Geno is spam.  Chutzpah, if you dont agree with the point, call it spam.  LOL

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because the press decides what to cover based on what fans on JN say, right?

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Being a 10 year vet you would expect that. Geno has had a year to watch and learn. Perhaps he has.

He made the same exact situational awareness mistakes from his 1st 2 seasons with 6 minutes and also with 4 minutes left in the raiders game .

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats a different story than if someone asks a question about Fitz and you get a sarcastic comment about how Geno sucks.  Has nothing to do with each other.  If asked about Fitz whether you hate Geno or not doesnt change a thing in regards to what Fitz is.  So no, it makes no sense at all.

Chutzpah?  No, common sense says Fitz is the same player whether we have Geno or not, having to denigrate Geno to make a positive point about Fitz is lazy and pointless.

Kind of like defending it by saying that most of the threads are started by Geno supporters.  Or better yet that any thread about Geno is spam.  Chutzpah, if you dont agree with the point, call it spam.  LOL

You do realize you are chastising People for discussing Their view of Geno in the "Gailey: Giant Steps for Geno" thread right?

2 hours ago, ljr said:

You do realize you are chastising People for discussing Their view of Geno in the "Gailey: Giant Steps for Geno" thread right?

No, I was chastising someone who responded to me.   

New rule, can't respond to direct remarks from someone? Ok

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, I was chastising someone who responded to me.   

New rule, can't respond to direct remarks from someone? Ok

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ... Sorry bro ... You misunderstand how message boards work. Private message each other if you don't want others to read and react to what you say.  I apologize if I made you feel bad for pointing out how foolish your comment happened to be though.

2 hours ago, ljr said:

He made the same exact situational awareness mistakes from his 1st 2 seasons with 6 minutes and also with 4 minutes left in the raiders game .

Fitz made the same mistakes for 10 years and was dumped by every team that signed him. 

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Fitz made the same mistakes for 10 years and was dumped by every team that signed him. 

Hahaha ... Making me clarify the post my comment was directed to ... Just as I was doing to JN? ... Well played sIr

Well , all that being said JetBlue was saying Fitz had better situational awareness than Geno ... As could be expected after 10 years.

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

He also is saying he hopes the year on the bench has helped Geno get better.

my response of:

Pointed out that his actions when he had a chance to play last year showed no growth.

... Please clarify what your comment has to do with that?

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Hahaha ... Making me clarify the post my comment was directed to ... Just as I was doing to JN? ... Well played sIr

Well , all that being said JetBlue was saying Fitz had better situational awareness than Geno ... As could be expected after 10 years.

He also is saying he hopes the year on the bench has helped Geno get better.

my response of:

Pointed out that his actions when he had a chance to play last year showed no growth.

... Please clarify what your comment has to do with that?

You are going to use the Oakland game? Cold off the bench in a game where the entire team played like crap?   Yet his numbers still were still respectable.  Chan Gailey just stated he thought Geno showed improvement in that very game you are harping about.  Meanwhile a 10 year soon to be 11 year vet gets a pass for a career of mediocrity.  I have never seen a fan base show so much hate for young player as I see on this board for Geno.

4 hours ago, ljr said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ... Sorry bro ... You misunderstand how message boards work. Private message each other if you don't want others to read and react to what you say.  I apologize if I made you feel bad for pointing out how foolish your comment happened to be though.

Sorry, bro, you don't understand how any of this works.  If you don't want to see people respond to each other, don't want to see an exchange of thoughts, you might want to just read a blog. 

Now GFY

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry, bro, you don't understand how any of this works.  If you don't want to see people respond to each other, don't want to see an exchange of thoughts, you might want to just read a blog. 

Now GFY

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

well, i did come down to your level. ;)

Man, all these ad hominem attacks around here.......

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Training camp will be pretty telling as well. 

I hope that we sign fitz, tbh.

so if they keep Geno, he will have to earn the starting spot, and it would be that much sweeter for him if he outclasses fitz, forcing Bowles to start him after Bowles said "fitz is the starter"

54 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I hope that we sign fitz, tbh.

so if they keep Geno, he will have to earn the starting spot, and it would be that much sweeter for him if he outclasses fitz, forcing Bowles to start him after Bowles said "fitz is the starter"

Colgate, see, now this is why it's important to make the weekly Geno fan club meetings.  

Last week we determined this will be our "defcon 2" argument.  Only to be brought up if Fitz actually signs.

If he signs, great, we always wanted that, so Geno can truly earn it.

However until Fitz signs, we don't want the Jets wasting the money.

Fyi, our defcon 1 argument involves implicating Fitz's Harvard background with NE and Belichick.  But that only comes into play if Fitz is clearly ahead week 3 of the preseason.

Edit:  Got my defcon levels mixed up.  1 = bad, 5 = good.  Adjusted after referencing my military authority.  War Games.

31 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Colgate, see, now this is why it's important to make the weekly Geno fan club meetings.  

Last week we determined this will be our "defcon 4" argument.  Only to be brought up if Fitz actually signs.

Fyi, our defcon 5 argument involves implicating Fitz's Harvard background with NE and Belichick.  But that only comes into play if Fitz is clearly ahead week 3 of the preseason.

mike, see, this was a good post. very funny

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Last week we determined this will be our "defcon 2" argument.  Only to be brought up if Fitz actually signs.

Fyi, our defcon 1 argument involves implicating Fitz's Harvard background with NE and Belichick.  But that only comes into play if Fitz is clearly ahead week 3 of the preseason.

Edit:  Got my defcon levels mixed up.  1 = bad, 5 = good.  Adjusted after referencing my military authority.  War Games.

Oh my bad, no one tells me these things!

Archived