Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

The king is chosen at random by the kingmaker, therefore the king could be an assassin, right?

The kingmaker is chosen by the mod and therefore, the kingmaker is village, right?

Look at this supersleuth.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

The king is chosen at random by the kingmaker, therefore the king could be an assassin, right?

The kingmaker is chosen by the mod and therefore, the kingmaker is village, right?

If I understood the rules correctly, yes and yes

16 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Ok. Can you explain a bit better what rubbed you the wrong way about her post, and why you think the players who nudged Smash are most likely townies?

Her post reads too explainy and forced to me. A "hey look at me I am reasonable" post.

The votes on Smash feel rushed and bad. Not suspicious to me.

8 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

The mod is a bastard so anything is possible. Righ?

16 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Wait DPR is confirmed town?

Just now, Leelou said:

I think it would be good to use it when we have a bit more actual info to go on, or if they highly suspect the king is scum. 

IMO, All DPR did is encourage everyone to make unverifiable statements. The king is the one who chooses at the end of the day, yet the king can be evil. if the king is good then he'd take it into consideration but it wouldn't be the determining factor. If the king was evil, he'd follow the town vote if it suited him or he'd misdirect the conversation if he wanted it to go somewhere else. Meanwhile, the scum can be making any statement they want because there is no check on them on d1 - unless the kingship is taken away

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, that's all I've got..  I don't really want to kill you this early in your 2nd game here after your fantastic debut game.  I'm just doing my best Ape impression and FOSing everyone.

Vote 80

hes clearly lying about certain things, and using past games and empathy as reason to hesitate voting certain people

its really clear he's lying. Look at what he's posted. He's evil evil evil scum 

he lies about a lot of things

- Ape's hooligan

• Upvote 1

on the flip side, one could let the king remain for a few days regardless of alignment, essentially sacrifice a few townies to let the scum post openly for a couple days and then when positions seem clearer, the anarchist could remove the kingship. that could let players settle into statements a bit harder. just a few open thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Ok so the kingmaker is the same player, night after night. It's not a randomized townie chosen each night.

Kingmaker is the same person, they pick the King. They are the person that picked DPR. 

So both the kingmaker and anarchist are obviously extremely important roles. The kingmaker had to roll the dice on night one but should have a better feel moving forward. The anarchist keeps the king, and therefore assassins, honest by extension because at any point the anarchist can upend the whole process between an aligned king and assassins.

Just now, Lizard King said:

So both the kingmaker and anarchist are obviously extremely important roles. The kingmaker had to roll the dice on night one but should have a better feel moving forward. The anarchist keeps the king, and therefore assassins, honest by extension because at any point the anarchist can upend the whole process between an aligned king and assassins.

Once only. It's a one time thing. 

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Ok. Can you explain a bit better what rubbed you the wrong way about her post, and why you think the players who nudged Smash are most likely townies?

Towny Nyn added to pile.  Leelou too.

Not WTL Leelou, Nyn, 80, Lily, Crushed

WTL Calder, Lizzie

1 hour ago, Calder said:

Look at this supersleuth.

RL LOL

47 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

There isn't any point in voting in this game 

You might feel differently if you were made King.

46 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Wait DPR is confirmed town?

Try not to think - I don't want you to hurt yourself. ;-)