Geno was at Decker's camp today

Maxman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ylekram said:

lol. I hope your feeling better soon

I'm feeling good, clear, and excited for some GenoTime!

you have to admit, joewilly12 makes good points....

It HAS been 47 years.

It IS too long

Fitzpatrick did not make the playoffs last year.

its tough to argue any of those facts

The HATE is so thick they cant see past it. 

So true, its like Geno is incapable of growth and progression. If any player has good reason to pout and just go thru the motions ,it's Geno.

Yet,what has he done, he has gone about leading this team in the absence Fitz, in a quiet profession manner.

I also notice how most of the so called "experts " and talking heads dismiss him as well. All I hear from most of these guys is how this team has to sign Fitz irregardless of the cap consequences and knowing his history.

I have no problem bring Fitz back at reasonable money. That is not at 12 million a year either. With the good job he did as BACKUP last season, 8 million for the first year and 2 1/2 the next two is more then fair. We all know NO ONE wants Fitz as a Jets starter next year.

So with both players signed and back in the fold, we need to have an honest QB competition.

With Geno's behavior over this whole situation, I think he has earned the right to compete for the starters role.

To hand the job to Fitz if he returns, no question asked would be a total farce.

12 minutes ago, fltflo said:

So true, its like Geno is incapable of growth and progression. If any player has good reason to pout and just go thru the motions ,it's Geno.

Yet,what has he done, he has gone about leading this team in the absence Fitz, in a quiet profession manner.

I also notice how most of the so called "experts " and talking heads dismiss him as well. All I hear from most of these guys is how this team has to sign Fitz irregardless of the cap consequences and knowing his history.

I have no problem bring Fitz back at reasonable money. That is not at 12 million a year either. With the good job he did as BACKUP last season, 8 million for the first year and 2 1/2 the next two is more then fair. We all know NO ONE wants Fitz as a Jets starter next year.

So with both players signed and back in the fold, we need to have an honest QB competition.

With Geno's behavior over this whole situation, I think he has earned the right to compete for the starters role.

To hand the job to Fitz if he returns, no question asked would be a total farce.

applause1.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

(Pic from The Golden Child right?  Great movie.)

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

that's a sign of maturity. He may not have the full support of Decker.... but putting all that behind him, he chooses to help Decker and the young kids.

I'm sure he earned a few points in Decker's eyes.

Next thing would be repairing the relationship with that A-hole reporter might be another good move. The guy doesn't deserve it, but all will appreciate the effort.

Don't really care about him pissing in Manish. He's the last person I'd care about so I'm glad he did what he did. Maybe he hates him just as much as the rest of NY?

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

I think it's time to remove the may still, and change it to will!

I'll go as far as saying it's probable.  But we can't just hand him the job yet Bowles.  Be reasonable.  The doubters may not like that.  Commendable enthusiasm tbough.

2 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

If you really think about it, are we sure Fitzpatrick isn't the antichrist?

It all makes sense now! No wonder why he can only see half the field. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sorry for another Geno thread but two things:

1. Eric Decker did a great job at his camp for kids today.

2. Geno Smith was there.

So hopefully we can put all of the conspiracy stuff about Decker staying away in support of Fitzpatrick to rest.

Real football will be here soon enough!

It was written by some beat writers so everybody took it as fact.  BTW, good job by Geno attending.

3 hours ago, fltflo said:

It a shame that a guy is doing the right things, even for people who support his rival over him, and is still ridiculed. This by many who are the first one to point out how he doesn't go about his business correctly.

I'm a Geno supporter but he's brought this skepticism on himself. He needs to do more than attend a teammates camp to earn the trust of the majority of jets fans. 

With that said,  I'm happy he seems to be maturing.  Hopefully it translates to maturity on the field because he has the ability to take this team to higher places than fitz.

40 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Decker can kiss that $600 goodbye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I predict the following to happen:

1. Geno will not pay Decker what he owes him, resulting in Decker breaking Geno's face. This will happen in front of the entire team, and to a man they will do nothing about it because they all hate Geno's guts. 

2. Decker will immediately be cut from team. Rex will sign him an hour later,  because he can't help being a spiteful jackass. He'll spend the season trying to convert Decker into a cornerback. 

3. Mac will then have no choice, but to sign Fitz to a lucrative multi-year deal, crippling our team for years.

4. This time next year, joewilly, Villain, and Mike135 will still be here arguing that we should give Geno another chance to start, because weaponzzz.

40 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Yep. I predict the following to happen:

1. Geno will not pay Decker what he owes him, resulting in Decker breaking Geno's face. This will happen in front of the entire team, and to a man they will do nothing about it because they all hate Geno's guts. 

2. Decker will immediately be cut from team. Rex will sign him an hour later,  because he can't help being a spiteful jackass. He'll spend the season trying to convert Decker into a cornerback. 

3. Mac will then have no choice, but to sign Fitz to a lucrative multi-year deal, crippling our team for years.

4. This time next year, joewilly, Villain, and Mike135 will still be here arguing that we should give Geno another chance to start, because weaponzzz.

Lol, pretty good.  Especially #2.

10 hours ago, Larz said:

like dropping a chicken into 500 piranhas, lol

Okay kids here's what I do at QB. First the center hikes me the ball. Then I immediately panic. If my first option isn't open, I'll usually force something that isn't there, take an ill advised sack, or just run backwards until I get hit and lose the ball. Then what you want to do is act like it's someone else's fault and pout on the sidelines!

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Okay kids here's what I do at QB. First the center hikes me the ball. Then I immediately panic. If my first option isn't open, I'll usually force something that isn't there, take an ill advised sack, or just run backwards until I get hit and lose the ball. Then what you want to do is act like it's someone else's fault and pout on the sidelines!

Maybe Geno learned this from Sanchez.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Which is why I don't want the new kids learning anything from Geno.   Gotta Break the cycle.  

How exactly do you do the bolded when Geno has already been in contact with both Petty and Hackenberg ?  We got rid of Sanchez and it didn't help Geno .  We got rid of the player before Sanchez and it didn't help Sanchez . Obviously, it's not by getting rid of an issue since that's what we have done for 40+ years and the results have been spotty to bad at best .

In society, they tell us education is the best way to improve your standing . In Church they tell us that education is the best way to improve your standing . To my understanding, those are the only 2 areas of existence .

So again, how exactly do we achieve the bolded  ?

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

How exactly do you do the bolded when Geno has already been in contact with both Petty and Hackenberg ?  We got rid of Sanchez and it didn't help Geno .  We got rid of the player before Sanchez and it didn't help Sanchez . Obviously, it's not by getting rid of an issue since that's what we have done for 40+ years and the results have been spotty to bad at best .

In society, they tell us education is the best way to improve your standing . In Church they tell us that education is the best way to improve your standing . To my understanding, those are the only 2 areas of existence .

So again, how exactly do we achieve the bolded  ?

:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Worried about $600 not but not wasting $12 million LOL

It's Ironic how the issues the Jets face today can be traced to the actions cause as a result of a $600 transaction .  One has to wonder if not for the results over a $600 transaction, would the Jets be dealing with a Fitzpatrick issue today .

32 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It's Ironic how the issues the Jets face today can be traced to the actions cause as a result of a $600 transaction .  One has to wonder if not for the results over a $600 transaction, would the Jets be dealing with a Fitzpatrick issue today .

Likely. Even if Geno was the starter last season starting week 1, he would have been supplanted by Fitz for injury or ineffectiveness at some point. This board would have been raging by week 5 with Geno at the helm. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Likely. Even if Geno was the starter last season starting week 1, he would have been supplanted by Fitz for injury or ineffectiveness at some point. This board would have been raging by week 5 with Geno at the helm. 

Raging like we were after week 17 Fitzpatrick choked and for that I dont want him back or anywhere near this team.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Raging like we were after week 17 Fitzpatrick choked and for that I dont want him back or anywhere near this team.

Yes. We know. You've said so 1,000 times by now. Unless you have something new to add instead of your insufferable rhetoric, please stop. It adds nothing to the discussion. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. We know. You've said so 1,000 times by now. Unless you have something new to add instead of your insufferable rhetoric, please stop. It adds nothing to the discussion. 

Facts are facts Carl unlike fairly tales that you seem to post. 

Archived