The Mets Are Done (Good)! Jets PSL's Are (Awesome)!

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

You are out of your mind.  Yankee fans root for the Yankees, we don't root against anyone else except the Red Sox for obvious reasons, there's a rivalry there.

Yankees and Mets are like Giants and Jets.  The lesser team looks for respect in the eyes of the superior team, they never get it.  You, apparently, are delusional enough to create your own mythology.  That's not comical.  That's just sad.

SAR I

Yes they are. 

Dont waste your time irrelevant poster with nothing time and time again. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes they are. 

Dont waste your time irrelevant poster with nothing time and time again. 

It's true.  No Yankee fan is jealous of the Mets one year wonder, they didn't even win anything for cripesakes. 

I know why this means so much to them, but you think they'd learn by now.  All they're doing is flattering the Yankees.  It's like a dumped girlfriend trying to shove her new boyfriend in her old boyfriend's face when he hasn't thought of her in years.  Good luck, be happy. doesn't affect us one way or another.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me say this again:  No Yankee fan is jealous of the Mets one year wonder, you didn't even win anything for cripesakes. 

I know why this means so much to you, but you think you'd learn by now.  All you're doing is flattering the Yankees.  It's like a dumped girlfriend trying to shove her new boyfriend in her old boyfriend's face when he hasn't thought of her in years.  Good luck, be happy. doesn't affect us one way or another.

SAR I

FYI Im a Yankees fan 

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Today's Yankee fan is like a fat, happy dad at 6pm on Thanksgiving.  Way too full to be hungry, way too satisfied to care about his next meal, way too proud of his family to have any worries.

Since I've been a cognizant Yankee fan in the mid-70's, we've won 21 division titles, we've won 30 playoff series, we've appeared in 11 World Series, we've won 7 World Championships.  If you think any Yankee fan is upset about our recent fall back to mediocrity, if you think it wasn't expected, you need your head examined.  As for how we feel about the Mets?  Who are the Mets?  We don't care about the Padres either, so don't feel bad.

SAR I

And yet here you are starting a thread on a Jets Board about the Mets.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

No Yankee fan ever cared about the Mets one way or the other.  Yankees were due for a down period, not a surprise to us that the post-Core Four group is going to take some time to get their act together.

However, it's nice to see the Mets return to Earth so that my morning and evening WFAN commute isn't polluted with talks of dynasties and 5 Hall Of Fame pitchers.  That was getting old.  As my neighbors, I feel sorry for Mets fans.  It's sad how the Mets mirror the Jets.  Long stretches of suck followed by a shocking elevation to a championship round then lots of assumptions then crash and burn.

SAR I

Other than the pathetic ones like you who talk about them over and over while you know, not caring about the Mets.

I feel sorry for whine Yankee fans who are left with nothing that to try and deride the Mets pitchers.  Every one of which is better than his Yankee counterpart.

Except for the great CC, he was as sure as an investment as there ever was, like PSL gold.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

201501_1947_dicca_sm.jpg

Daniel Murphy homers again as Nationals hand Mets third straight defeat heading into All-Star break

While no one knows or cares if the Yankees are playing or if their plane blew up over the Bronx.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan1015 said:

And yet here you are starting a thread on a Jets Board about the Mets.

It's kind of like Wayne's girlfriend. She keeps telling him that it's over and he blew it but then the next thing you know she's showing up at Mikita's Donuts with a gun rack and freaking everyone the **** out.

8 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

That complex only exists for the tools who jumped on the bandwagon during the mid-late 90's WS runs. Real fans saw the storm clouds in the horizon for SOME time now. 

True long-time Yankers (such as me-self) recall the woeful days of Danny Tartabul, Roberto Kelly, and the NOTORIOUS Mikey Gallego (typical NYC Bar Trivia Question: Name the Yankees starting SS prior to Jeter).

Sports teams are cyclical. While all you slacker Mets fans were reveling in the JOY of your 80's success, the Yanks and their fans had to endure some tough times and be the 2nd fiddle. Yet, WHEN IT MATTERED in the 2000 WS, the TOP NY Baseball team won . . . AGAIN!

Enjoy your time in the sun Mets fans, just don't fly too close to the Sun like Icarus. The Yanks will soon RISE AGAIN!!!!! :D

The Yankees are now run by two non baseball guys who are complete idiots but know the fans will continue to drink from the trough and go to the ballpark to celebrate the 7 year anniversary of the 2009 WS. The Knicks are the same way. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

No Yankee fan ever cared about the Mets one way or the other.  Yankees were due for a down period, not a surprise to us that the post-Core Four group is going to take some time to get their act together.

However, it's nice to see the Mets return to Earth so that my morning and evening WFAN commute isn't polluted with talks of dynasties and 5 Hall Of Fame pitchers.  That was getting old.  As my neighbors, I feel sorry for Mets fans.  It's sad how the Mets mirror the Jets.  Long stretches of suck followed by a shocking elevation to a championship round then lots of assumptions then crash and burn.

SAR I

well that's utter bollocks

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Except that the Yanks haven't won sh*t since the steroid ban and salary controls were installed.

funny people (Met Fans) complain about the Yankees and salaries and buying players yet the core of the late 90's team was home grown. Jeter, Rivera, Pettite, Williams, Posada and Paul Oneil was traded to the Yankees for Roberto Kelly.

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

Today's Yankee fan is like a fat, happy dad at 6pm on Thanksgiving.  Way too full to be hungry, way too satisfied to care about his next meal, way too proud of his family to have any worries.

Since I've been a cognizant Yankee fan in the mid-70's, we've won 21 division titles, we've won 30 playoff series, we've appeared in 11 World Series, we've won 7 World Championships.  If you think any Yankee fan is upset about our recent fall back to mediocrity, if you think it wasn't expected, you need your head examined.  As for how we feel about the Mets?  Who are the Mets?  We don't care about the Padres either, so don't feel bad.

SAR I

You have this about half right. Yankee fans in general are actually pretty dismayed that Hal and Co. have turned them into a marketing firm that owns a baseball team. Not much to look forward to until they bring in some real baseball people again to scout and develop, but also acknowledge that they should cut ties with a lot of vets on the roster and rebuild, rather than hope to contend for a wild card. As for the Mets, yes, not much thought goes into them. Was pretty happy for most fans that got to enjoy their run last year, but it was obvious they had some very fortunate breaks and that there was some things to be concerned about regarding those stud starters they have.

Yankees fans are strange people.  I mean, 90% of them arent fans, they just wear a hat to claim NYC and the Yankees are just the easy team to pick because they're the Yankees...but the "true fans" are really ******* strange.

They remind of Noles fans during the decade they were irrelevant.  Claim to be all about their team and dont care about the instate rival but truth is, they pay more attention to that rival than they do their actual team....getting more satisfaction from them losing than their own team winning. 

With the Noles, I get it.  The Gators are superior in every aspect of their existence.  The Yankees I dont get because they're the big dog.  

Like I said, strange people Yankees fans.  Strange people. 

On 7/9/2016 at 10:24 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

The newly emerging Yankee fan inferiority complex is my favorite of all the complexes. 

27 World Titles, on average about one every 4 years since 1903, and they still feel the need to get some joy out of a slew of Mets injuries.  Showing their true colors?

38 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Oh hey, that's classy. You should say that to Thurman Munson's wife.

It's a friggen joke and doesn't wish it on anyone.  Just that no one would notice, as in they're irrelevant.  

Get a grip on yourself 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

funny people (Met Fans) complain about the Yankees and salaries and buying players yet the core of the late 90's team was home grown. Jeter, Rivera, Pettite, Williams, Posada and Paul Oneil was traded to the Yankees for Roberto Kelly.

Bob Watson and Gene Michael did an awesome job with that roster, and Buck Showalter deserves credit as well.  But what set the Yankees apart was an ability to hang on to that homegrown talent, whereas small market teams ended up being like a farm system for the big market teams.  The minute they started losing their homegrown talent like everybody else, they went down the tubes.

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bob Watson and Gene Michael did an awesome job with that roster, and Buck Showalter deserves credit as well.  But what set the Yankees apart was an ability to hang on to that homegrown talent, whereas small market teams ended up being like a farm system for the big market teams.  The minute they started losing their homegrown talent like everybody else, they went down the tubes.

Switching their uniforms over to cotton was a killer too.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Switching their uniforms over to cotton was a killer too.

No joke.  My Dad once got the chance to talk to George Steinbrenner briefly.  Mentioned to Steinbrenner how much he enjoyed the Larry David impression of him.  Steinbrenner responded to my Dad "Thank you.....but we really gotta fire that Costanza guy."

Perfect.

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's a friggen joke and doesn't wish it on anyone.  Just that no one would notice, as in they're irrelevant.  

Get a grip on yourself 

Yeah, no. I get it. Mass casualties, no one would notice. That's hysterical. You should email that to Louis CK.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yankees fans are strange people.  I mean, 90% of them arent fans, they just wear a hat to claim NYC and the Yankees are just the easy team to pick because they're the Yankees...but the "true fans" are really ******* strange.

They remind of Noles fans during the decade they were irrelevant.  Claim to be all about their team and dont care about the instate rival but truth is, they pay more attention to that rival than they do their actual team....getting more satisfaction from them losing than their own team winning. 

With the Noles, I get it.  The Gators are superior in every aspect of their existence.  The Yankees I dont get because they're the big dog.  

Like I said, strange people Yankees fans.  Strange people. 

Weird. For a second I thought you were describing Mets fans from 1995-2005.

I grew up in the '80s with the Yankees. While most of my friends became Mets fans with Daryl and Doc, I liked Mattingly. When the Yankees won in '96 it was the first time that any team I rooted for in my lifetime had a championship.

As for the 2016 Mets - much more interesting than the Yankees. The Yanks are in a weird transitional year (or two). I just wish they would admit it. But the Mets are a fun team and I can admit paying more attention to them than my own team this year. Am I rooting for or against them? I guess that depends on the proximity of the Mets fans at any given time in my life. 

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Weird. For a second I thought you were describing Mets fans from 1995-2005.

I grew up in the '80s with the Yankees. While most of my friends became Mets fans with Daryl and Doc, I liked Mattingly. When the Yankees won in '96 it was the first time that any team I rooted for in my lifetime had a championship.

As for the 2016 Mets - much more interesting than the Yankees. The Yanks are in a weird transitional year (or two). I just wish they would admit it. But the Mets are a fun team and I can admit paying more attention to them than my own team this year. Am I rooting for or against them? I guess that depends on the proximity of the Mets fans at any given time in my life. 

Bingo. Most Yankee fans are pretty genuinely happy for Mets fans when they do well (especially Yankees - Jets prople, who "get it"). But not one of us is going to sit quietly when they make absurd typical Yankee hater comments that have no basis in reality. Its kinda fun when they get way ahead of themselves and lash out.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No joke.  My Dad once got the chance to talk to George Steinbrenner briefly.  Mentioned to Steinbrenner how much he enjoyed the Larry David impression of him.  Steinbrenner responded to my Dad "Thank you.....but we really gotta fire that Costanza guy."

Perfect.

He should have told him that he figured out a way to get Bonds and Griffey in the same outfield, and they wouldn't have to give up that much for it.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'd rather be a Yankee fan than Mets, even with Arod. The 90's were an amazing time in my life. I'll always have those great memories. Arod destroyed my passion as a fan but it will be fun again in another year and a half, I think it is. 

This means nothing. Mets fans would rather be Yankee fans too. Blame our fathers, not us.

Archived