Geno Smith losing Ground to Petty?

Charlie Brown

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, FreindlyFellow said:

I'm not clear what the line of questioning is, is this some form of hazing for rookie posters?

Chill & ignore bro ... Often Inside jokes directed at each other over you

now back to rooting on Petty for Friday!

So,91 posts to express certain fans and now it appear media,know nothings,hate for a kid who has done nothing but try and become the professional we would all like him to be.

At this point I hope they do release the kid. He will never get a fair shot here and it's clearly the previous Jets staff, Rex and his bunch , who have almost destroyed this kid.

Yet, I and many others still think Geno will have a solid career once he is out from under this fan circus.

An when he comes back and plays in front of all the haters for his new team, a little part of this Jets fans will enjoy watching him stuff all your boo's down your throats.

Also, as I and many others have said, including pros who have forgotten more then most of you haters know, Geno is still the best backup available this year, so get over it already.

So,91 posts to express certain fans and now it appear media,know nothings,hate for a kid who has done nothing but try and become the professional we would all like him to be.

At this point I hope they do release the kid. He will never get a fair shot here and it's clearly the previous Jets staff, Rex and his bunch , who have almost destroyed this kid.

Yet, I and many others still think Geno will have a solid career once he is out from under this fan circus.

An when he comes back and plays in front of all the haters for his new team, a little part of this Jets fans will enjoy watching him stuff all your boo's down your throats.

Also, as I and many others have said, including pros who have forgotten more then most of you haters know, Geno is still the best backup available this year, so get over it already.

Done nothing but try hard? Glossing over a bunch of stupid decisions and petulant behaviour with that statement. I also love how when defending a player, people use the cheap tactic of repeatedly referring to said player as "the kid," in a really transparent appeal to sympathy. He is a professional that is being judged on how he performs his business--and yes that includes his behaviour off the field and how he carries himself and represents the team--and to date Geno has generally performed that business poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This has nothing to do with what was initially said. People seriously need to slow down and comprehend what was said. No one said a thing about what Geno should or shouldnt do, but rather what he didnt do.. No one said anything about the media not having a story, but rather their tendency to skew and/or inflame their stories. 

I dont see it as odd that Geno decided not to participate in the bread and circuses passed off as journalism. Seems pretty mature to me. 

Comprehend Geno's tweet then.   On Sunday, he tweeted: “If they don’t have a story these days, they’ll make one.” HE said that ok?

That is why I said they DO have a story, even if its following up on a punch 365 days earlier.

Macc strikes most as a good, decent guy and competent GM.

But he is very much focused on value for the team.  Some may have argued that he pay Fitz to pacify him, or lease Mo so he could receive his maximum value.  But Macc, almost like a character out of a Dickens novel, was not doing that.  

He coldly sees Smith as having more option value to the Jets in 2016 than in getting rid of him for nothing.  Given the make up of the team and other factors, i agree with him.  Let Smith play motivated and back up Fitz. Fitz very likely could get hurt, and Smith could be a good fill in. If he stinks, put in Petty.

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Alllllllllll - Righty then

Geno shouldn't apologize for even attempting to move on from a story already told for the purpose of rehashing an irrelevant story 365 days after the fact. The media doesnt want to move on because it creates traffic & clicks and neither do many Jets fans.

Comprehending his tweet gives me the indication that if they had a story relevant (key word) to the 2016 Jets they wouldn't be digging in their 2015 bag of old stale tricks. The fact the they can even feed people this nonsense while at the same time see the responses is frightening to me. 

I'm done.

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno shouldn't apologize for even attempting to move on from a story already told for the purpose of rehashing an irrelevant story 365 days after the fact. The media doesnt want to move on because it creates traffic & clicks and neither do many Jets fans.

Comprehending his tweet gives me the indication that if they had a story relevant (key word) to the 2016 Jets they wouldn't be digging in their 2015 bag of old stale tricks. The fact the they can even feed people this nonsense while at the same time see the responses is frightening to me. 

I'm done.

Alll-Righty then.

Done nothing but try hard? Glossing over a bunch of stupid decisions and petulant behaviour with that statement. I also love how when defending a player, people use the cheap tactic of repeatedly referring to said player as "the kid," in a really transparent appeal to sympathy. He is a professional that is being judged on how he performs his business--and yes that includes his behaviour off the field and how he carries himself and represents the team--and to date Geno has generally performed that business poorly.

So i assume your an old guy of what, 26, 27. Me I'm 61, an any one in there 20's is a kid to me.

As far as dumb decisions go I guess you didn't make any at his age. Yet, when Fitz makes dumb decisions that's allowed because, I will leave those excuses to your group, you folks always seem to have them.

So i assume your an old guy of what, 26, 27. Me I'm 61, an any one in there 20's is a kid to me.

As far as dumb decisions go I guess you didn't make any at his age. Yet, when Fitz makes dumb decisions that's allowed because, I will leave those excuses to your group, you folks always seem to have them.

Was looking forward to a mature response and some fun banter instead I get a bizarre and incorrect attack based on my perceived age. Moving on.

I must be missing what any of these QB's did in a PS game to warrant this attention.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just some eyeball churning by the media. Unless someone offers something absurd for Geno (4th rounder or better) he is our number 2.

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

Just some eyeball churning by the media. Unless someone offers something absurd for Geno (4th rounder or better) he is our number 2.

If their hope and dream is to get a fifth round comp pick for him in 2018, I think he could be had for 6th or even conditional 7th rounder in next year's draft - provided they believe Petty is a competent backup. Two big ifs there, though. Someone willing to offer anything for Geno, and Petty being ready to play. 

If we send Petty to the PS and he gets scooped up, we only have 1 QB under contract for 2017 (since it's a virtual lock we will be voiding Fitz's "2nd year" on his deal).  Hard pass on doing that, even if there's only minimal risk a team takes Petty from us. 

Only move to be made is to trade Geno.  Cutting him would be stupid at this point.  Macc is in "wait and see" mode I imagine.  If a team out there loses one of their QB's to an injury in the preseason, that would be the time to try to strike a deal.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Put Geno on p-squad. If would be hilarious.

"We feel that the best place for Geno is on the PS.  We're proud of his development at this point in his career."

"See?  SEE??  Bowles likes Geno!  Look at all the nice things he says about him!!!"

I can't imagine it would be too hard to trade Geno for decent value. I am sure the other 31 GM's recognize that Geno is a star in the making and the only thing holding him back are Jets fans, Jets media, and Jets coaches. I would take a 3rd round that can escalate to a 2nd if Geno starts all 16 games and his new team makes the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Zero chance Hack or Petty go on the PS.

For that to be true, we either cut Geno (not happening) or cut Petty (why would we do that if he could be P.S.'ed)

Sorry, going to have to respectfully disagree with your prediction here.

1 minute ago, FreindlyFellow said:

I can't imagine it would be too hard to trade Geno for decent value. I am sure the other 31 GM's recognize that Geno is a star in the making and the only thing holding him back are Jets fans, Jets media, and Jets coaches. I would take a 3rd round that can escalate to a 2nd if Geno starts all 16 games and his new team makes the playoffs.

The only reason you haven't been banned yet is because you chose a really gay user name this time around and had the decency to spell it wrong. Something to think about in your next incarnation. 

Just now, slats said:

Being banned multiple times and creating new user names to get around said banning. That's against the rules. 

I have never been banned before, this is my first account here. I do live in a house with many, many people, as I am dirt poor, and share a wireless router with a ton of people. Is it possible that maybe you are confusing me with someone I live with because of my IP address?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Can we do that

No. I'm just messing around...

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. He's been on the active roster too much.

This.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"We feel that the best place for Geno is on the PS.  We're proud of his development at this point in his career."

"See?  SEE??  Bowles likes Geno!  Look at all the nice things he says about him!!!"

#nohate

24 minutes ago, slats said:

Being banned multiple times and creating new user names to get around said banning. That's against the rules. 

22 minutes ago, FreindlyFellow said:

I have never been banned before, this is my first account here. I do live in a house with many, many people, as I am dirt poor, and share a wireless router with a ton of people. Is it possible that maybe you are confusing me with someone I live with because of my IP address?

Well this just got interesting.

Archived