Cimini gives his 53 projection.

32EBoozer

My updated Jets roster projection:

QB -- Fitzpatrick, Smith, Hackenberg, Petty;

RB -- Forte, Powell, Bohanon, Robinson;

WR -- Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Ross, Marshall, Anderson, Peake;

TE -- Davis, Sudfeld;

OL -- Clady, Carpenter, Mangold, Winters, Ijalana, Qvale, Johnson, Shell, Dozier;

DL -- Wilkerson, Williams, McLendon, Jenkins, Simon;

LB -- Harris, Henderson, Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, Catapano, Carter, Stanford, Martin;

DB -- Revis, Skrine, Pryor, Gilchrist, Williams, Milliner, Burris, Miles, Martin, Morris;

SP -- Folk, Edwards,

Sheil KapadiaESPN Writer 

kapadia_sheil_m.jpg

The Seahawks' decision to release veteran guard Jahri Evans is good news for the backup offensive linemen who are on the roster bubble. At least one out of George Fant, Terry Poole and Will Pericak should make the team. One factor Evans had working against him was that he was exclusively a right guard. That's not ideal for backups who could be called on to play either side in a pinch.

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

TE -- Davis, Sudfeld;

OL -- Clady, Carpenter, Mangold, Winters, Ijalana, Qvale, Johnson, Shell, Dozier;

LB -- Harris, Henderson, Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, Catapano, Carter, Stanford, Martin;

DB -- Revis, Skrine, Pryor, Gilchrist, Williams, Milliner, Burris, Miles, Martin, Morris;

SP -- Folk, Edwards,

I imagine the #53 is the long snapper Perdum.

Personally I'd drop Bohanan and keep Amaro...but that's just me...and I'd be looking for some RB FA's.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We may sign another TE  the ones on the roster all suck 

Weakest position on the roster by far - but alot of that has to do with Chan Gailey not really using them.

Personally, I'd keep Amaro and see if he can get himself on track this season.

And OL Brandon Shell should absolutely be cut - that guy is awful, total waste of a 5th round draft pick.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Weakest position on the roster by far - but alot of that has to do with Chan Gailey not really using them.

Not sure if it's because Gailey doesn't care about them or if he doesn't sue them because they all are questionable....

But as rough as Amaro has looked, he did have 35 receptions his rookie year and last year was a waste with the injury...not sure why you wouldn't give him a some more time to declare himself.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

And OL Brandon Shell should absolutely be cut - that guy is awful.

Shell is terrible he plays with his head down all the time reminds of DuCasse 

7 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

And OL Brandon Shell should absolutely be cut - that guy is awful, total waste of a 5th round draft pick.

It will be a 4th next year.... remember?

Even worse!!

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Amaro and Milliner 2 big disappointments

No doubt Amaro has been a disappointment but doesn't mean he can't turn it around.  He gets open - and was able to catch the ball in college.  Can something click? unlikely, but maybe.  If there were better options on the team then cut him, but don't just cut him because he's been a disappointment.

Shell is playing out of position at LT to begin with.  He's too slow to play there.  He's had to work there b/c Ijalana and Qvale are at RT battling it out.  When that gets settled the backup LT won't be Shell it'll be one of those guys.  Shell is a much better fit at RT.  It's unfair to judge him at this point in my opinion.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

I'm sorry, but isn't that why you cut players??

Should we cut the one's we're happy with?:sarc:

No, you keep the best players.  Just because he hasn't lived up to 2nd round expectations isn't a reason to cut him....Cut him if you have someone better, but in this case you don't.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

No, you keep the best players.  Just because he hasn't lived up to 2nd round expectations isn't a reason to cut him....Cut him if you have someone better, but in this case you don't.

I know.... just having some fun with you.

I agree, I'd give Jace another season to work it out and I'd do it at the expense of Davis.

2nd rd. pick.... you've got to try and let that work itself out. 

I know, not a Mac Pick but still.......

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

cimini_rich_m.jpg

The Jets worked out six players today, including TE Rory Anderson (former 49ers draft pick). Others: CB Greg Ducre, G Chase Farris, LB Deiontrez Mount (former Cards pick), OL Ian Siberman and OL Jordan Swindle.

I'm seeing a pattern 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

TE -- Davis, Sudfeld;

SP -- Folk, Edwards,

Milliner will stay because of his salary and Burris because he's a rookie with promise. Not so sure about the other two DBs. Also, despite rumors, I don't see Sudfeld or Davis winning a spot over Amaro. As spotty as Amaro was in preseason, he was still better than Davis. Sudfeld has a lot of heart but just isn't that good, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

If we had a TE worth a damn, Chan would scheme them in. He doesn't use them, becuause he doesn't have any. Not because he chooses to disregard the position that creates some of the best mismatches in modern football.

56 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I just can't see Sudfeld making the team.   They either keep Amaro or sign someone via the mini-draft.    

I think Amaro is gone.. and I had high hopes for the guy

Sudfeld might stick. I hope if they do go out and sign another TE it's Davis who gets the boot

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Amaro has done something in this league....Milliner has done squat.

Milliner has won defensive player of the week and rookie defensive player of the month.  Before his achilles injury, he was a big time talent.  He's lost speed and quickness because of that injury.  Amaro was never a big time talent and has done sh*t.

Milliner is a bust because he's made out of glass.  Amaro is a bust because he can't play football and is a mental midget.

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If we had a TE worth a damn, Chan would scheme them in. He doesn't use them, becuause he doesn't have any. Not because he chooses to disregard the position that creates some of the best mismatches in modern football.

Are you really trying to convince us that Jeff Cumberland, Kellen Davis, and Jace Amaro aren't offensive weapons?  C'mon, man.

20 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Milliner will stay because of his salary and Burris because he's a rookie with promise. Not so sure about the other two DBs. Also, despite rumors, I don't see Sudfeld or Davis winning a spot over Amaro. As spotty as Amaro was in preseason, he was still better than Davis. Sudfeld has a lot of heart but just isn't that good, unfortunately.

Unfortunately not, but I imagine both he and Amaro will be picked up pretty quickly

Archived