Disrespecting the Flag

CHOVAJETS

My first and my last post. Apologies to all I offend. I turned off the denver/carolina game because of the f-ing schmuck who feels he needs to disrespect the country to make a point. Spare me your multi million dollar contract doosh. I'm a lifelong fan of the game and specifically the Jets but I've had enough. I won't spend another dime on these privileged punks. 

Don't bother replying with your holier then thou BS or your grammar and spelling checks, i won't see them.

Anybody that supports this "movement" can go **** themselves.

7 minutes ago, CHOVAJETS said:

My first and my last post. Apologies to all I offend. I turned off the denver/carolina game because of the f-ing schmuck who feels he needs to disrespect the country to make a point. Spare me your multi million dollar contract doosh. I'm a lifelong fan of the game and specifically the Jets but I've had enough. I won't spend another dime on these privileged punks. 

Don't bother replying with your holier then thou BS or your grammar and spelling checks, i won't see them.

They played the anthem on TV?

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

They played the anthem on TV?

That would be an easy solution for the NFL to take, not airing or at least videoing the lines during the anthem.  However, you know what they say, bad publicity is still good publicity.  

We already have a whole thread on the subject

While I basically agree with a lot of what you say I disagree with your method of trying to make the point.

dont comment ... Then go duck and run and hide like a little p*$$y  ... Stay here like a man and deal with the consequences of your action ... Just as I feel some other guy is responsible for how his action will have a negative impact to his team this year.

1 minute ago, hawk said:

That would be an easy solution for the NFL to take, not airing or at least videoing the lines during the anthem.  However, you know what they say, bad publicity is still good publicity.  

The networks usually don't broadcast it unless it's a special game, they would rather use that time to shove a couple more commercials down our throats instead

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

The networks usually don't broadcast it unless it's a special game, they would rather use that time to shove a couple more commercials down our throats instead

They probably didn't realize a player might kneel, because it hasn't been an big topic.

28 minutes ago, CHOVAJETS said:

Thanks for sharing this well thought out, rational response to a complex situation. We're all better for having had a chance to read your take on it.  I know we'll all miss what would have been your future contributions (can we convince you not to make this your last post?  This site needs more posts like this), and I'm sure the NFL offices are currently mourning the thought of losing your business.

You are a real American hero.

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

At the end of the day, a man knelt during the singing of a song. Disrespectful and misguided? Yes. Cause for outrage? Hardly.

This country is great because people have the freedom to make such statements.

Correct. Especially given that the kneeling (rather than sitting) was a compromise reached after discussing the issue with armed forces personnel, so that he can show some respect while still making his protest.

39 minutes ago, CHOVAJETS said:

Thanks for swinging by. It's been a pleasure. 

Archived