Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

My day sucks SO BAD that I can't even ignore this idiot:

"2 yard completion is better than sack for loss. Not to justify it, but I'm sure that's the thinking. Weak-armed QBs can't throw it far when scrambling. He's actually being responsible..."

First of all, you ARE justifying it.

And there are other possible plays to be made. Sh!t, throw downfield into coverage, what difference would an INT make at that point? at least TRY to make something happen. It was less than 3 minutes to do, down 31-13. A two-yard pass is really NOT AT ALL helpful.

It's this kind of thinking: a 2-yard pass when the game is over, having 41 seconds but not even TRYING to score, punting with 8 minutes to go, down by two scores, trotting out Fitzpatrick in the 2nd halves of games, that has the Jets 1-4.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

2 yard completion is better than sack for loss. Not to justify it, but I'm sure that's the thinking. Weak-armed QBs can't throw it far when scrambling. He's actually being responsible when he does that.

Correct.  If he actually had the ability to avoid the rush and push it down the field, he'd be a good QB.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Lol did you actually watch the game? His first pass was a WR bail out by Enunwa. Short slant and he still can't throw an accurate pass without Enubwa having to stretch out. Most WRs will miss that n it's a clear int. The theme was the same afterwards. 4-5 passes to the Steelers defenders, who, btw, had the 30th ranked pass D. The TD pass? More like an int throw to me. 

Shutout the 2nd half. Isn't that the case in every loss this year? Stop defending that garbage. It's for your own good. 

Fitzpatrick built a 3 point lead before the defense gave it up. 

SAR I

I've been a Fitz supporter but he has been awful this year and needs to be benched.  Geno will be no better, so I would like to see Petty or Hackenberg  get some starts the rest of the way. Winning 5-6 games with Fitz at the helm does NOTHING for this franchise.  Let's see what we got in the two kids.

3 hours ago, Jets_Win said:

Actually he didn't bust. He got punched in the face. Your argument is beyond stupid. You want to blame someone;  blame Enemkpali because without him Fitz doesn't start, the team probably doesn't go 10-6, and Mac doesn't draft a total project because he thinks he has a competent journeyman placeholder. 

He proved himself a quarterback bust in two years of lousy starts.

The punch just proved him a bust of a person. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, Jets_Win said:

Actually he didn't bust. He got punched in the face. Your argument is beyond stupid. You want to blame someone;  blame Enemkpali because without him Fitz doesn't start, the team probably doesn't go 10-6, and Mac doesn't draft a total project because he thinks he has a competent journeyman placeholder. 

He proved himself a quarterback bust in two years of lousy starts.

The punch just proved him a bust of a person. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

My day sucks SO BAD that I can't even ignore this idiot:

"2 yard completion is better than sack for loss. Not to justify it, but I'm sure that's the thinking. Weak-armed QBs can't throw it far when scrambling. He's actually being responsible..."

First of all, you ARE justifying it.

And there are other possible plays to be made. Sh!t, throw downfield into coverage, what difference would an INT make at that point? at least TRY to make something happen. It was less than 3 minutes to do, down 31-13. A two-yard pass is really NOT AT ALL helpful.

It's this kind of thinking: a 2-yard pass when the game is over, having 41 seconds but not even TRYING to score, punting with 8 minutes to go, down by two scores, trotting out Fitzpatrick in the 2nd halves of games, that has the Jets 1-4.

No, dopey. It's not justifying it to speculate what Fitz is probably thinking. It's a crap play, but my guess is that he thinks it's a positive.

Funny that you're now advocating taking shots and not worrying about the possible INTs.

Yes, everyone else is the idiot here.

31 other NFL teams just said no sadly the Jets organization thought or figured they were smarter than everyone else in the league and that they would show the NFL and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Hey everybody look at us look what we did look at our new bike we got this. 

Hey Macc and Bowles hows that all working out for you. 

Live and learn. 

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

31 other NFL teams just said no sadly the Jets organization thought or figured they were smarter than everyone else in the league and that they would show the NFL and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Hey everybody look at us look what we did look at our new bike we got this. 

Hey Macc and Bowles hows that all working out for you. 

Live and learn. 

Looking like those teams were right. 

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Coaching staff is not playing geno so it is a moot point.  

the jets will lose the next 2 games and Petty will start in clevland.  Its a good spot to get him in as the dolphins are the following week. 

2 poor defenses for him to get his feet wet against.

Playing sub par teams doesn't build character playing equal or better talent improves overall quality in any player. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Playing sub par teams doesn't build character playing equal or better talent improves overall quality in any player. 

Yes, lets start him against the rams and then pats.  Real good for a kid whos never taken an nfl snap.

You build his confidence against lesser opponents.  I mean, you cant possible be this clueless.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, lets start him against the rams and then pats.  Real good for a kid whos never taken an nfl snap.

You build his confidence against lesser opponents.  I mean, you cant possible be this clueless.

Really how has that worked out for us over the years. 

Clueless you say how about we stop coddling these rookie QB's and maybe we can toughen up and strengthen just 1 of these draft picks to get a decent QB sooner or later 

The badminton forum is the place you need to be

No need to keep picking on Fitz.  All you need to know is that Fitz is the worst rated passer in the NFL after 5 games.

That isn't knocking him or saying he is a bum or any such other thing.

The facts are Fitz, even with his career game this year, is currently the worst starting QB in the NFL, period.

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No need to keep picking on Fitz.  All you need to know is that Fitz is the worst rated passer in the NFL after 5 games.

That isn't knocking him or saying he is a bum or any such other thing.

The facts are Fitz, even with his career game this year, is currently the worst starting QB in the NFL, period.

Yeah but we all know he's at the bottom because of the defense.

Or is it because of Chan? Bowles?  Schedule? Geno? Gloating? 

I forget, which excuse it this week?  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it reinforced that IK is a bust of a person.

I thought assaulting an officer then assaulting his teammate would make him a bust of a person also. 

Trying to assault another player on another team 1 year later one would think would support that fact. But nope, it makes Geno the bad guy here. 

Logicz. 

47 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I thought assaulting an officer then assaulting his teammate would make him a bust of a person also. 

Trying to assault another player on another team 1 year later one would think would support that fact. But nope, it makes Geno the bad guy here. 

Logicz. 

bramhall-world-ik-enemkpali-geno-smith.j

Explains it quite nicely.

SAR I

Archived