The Play of the Game

Tinstar

Jets down 17-10 and Fitzpatrick drops back to pass . He throws a pass deep down the right sideline to an open Richie Anderson who goes up to make the catch . The ball is underthrown and Anderson still almost comes down with it . That should have been a tying TD if the ball was thrown over the receiver's shoulder instead of behind him .  Next series, The 1st Sherman int  and it's all down hill from there .

On a side note, had the safety not dropped a sure pick 6, the Jets would not even had been in this game .

What exactly is Gained by continuing to send Fitzpatrick out there game after game .  give the ball to Geno Smith and see what happens for the next few games and if he continues to stink, Petty should be ready by then to finish the last half of the season .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a fitz supporter i agree he needs to be pulled. But how can anyone still want to see what geno can do?! Do u rele think theres the slightest bit of hope with geno? I rather play fitz until the second petty is ready then see genos face on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

As a fitz supporter i agree he needs to be pulled. But how can anyone still want to see what geno can do?! Do u rele think theres the slightest bit of hope with geno? I rather play fitz until the second petty is ready then see genos face on tv

FitzNation crumbling 

Image result for HUMPTY DUMPTY FALLING PICS

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jets down 17-10 and Fitzpatrick drops back to pass . He throws a pass deep down the right sideline to an open Richie Anderson who goes up to make the catch . The ball is underthrown and Anderson still almost comes down with it . That should have been a tying TD if the ball was thrown over the receiver's shoulder instead of behind him .  Next series, The 1st Sherman int  and it's all down hill from there .

On a side note, had the safety not dropped a sure pick 6, the Jets would not even had been in this game .

What exactly is Gained by continuing to send Fitzpatrick out there game after game .  give the ball to Geno Smith and see what happens for the next few games and if he continues to stink, Petty should be ready by then to finish the last half of the season .

I remember seeing Anderson getting overthrown maybe i am thinking of a different play.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Fitz then overcompensated and threw the ball way to early later in the game and over threw Anderson.  He's simply not good if he doesn't have running game or Marshall doesn't bail him out.  

I agree, we should replace Fitz wiht Geno.

That will fix all those drops, WR's falling down, bad routes and butterfingers, and will surely make Forte be more effective instantly.

Other teams will be so impressed, they'll get scared, and that will make our Pass D much better.

Super Bowl, really.

5 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

This Jets team is built to get the ball deep, with the exception of the QB. Go figure

Decker and Enunwa are possession receivers,  as is Marshall for the most part. Forte and Powell are both better at catching passes than grinding out yards. 

I definitely want to see Petty in this offense but you're completely wrong about the team being "built for the long ball". 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That will fix all those drops, WR's falling down, bad routes and butterfingers, and will surely make Forte be more effective instantly.

Other teams will be so impressed, they'll get scared, and that will make our Pass D much better.

Super Bowl, really.

Don't you know? Geno is the savior now. Jeez, give me a break.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Super Bowl, really.

At this point, why not give him a chance?

Best case, he plays well and makes us competitive.

Worst case, he plays as bad as you think he will, and we get a high draft pick.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Decker and Enunwa are possession receivers,  as is Marshall for the most part. Forte and Powell are both better at catching passes than grinding out yards. 

I definitely want to see Petty in this offense but you're completely wrong about the team being "built for the long ball". 

Really? Marshall gets stared down too much by Fitz and cannot make the same type of catches he made last year. Enunwa has the speed to get deep and has flashed that speed this season. Decker is injured.

Peake, JMarsh and Anderson can flat out burn teams. I stated all PS and Off season that for the Jets to win with this schedule they would have to show the deep pass. When Fitz held out, I thought that things would not be easy for him if they signed him and he started.

He does not have the arm to loosen up the D and this Jets team has flyers. Even DSmith is a flyer. Jets need a QB who can get the ball deep. In 14 they have an over paid, wet noodle armed now gun shy, gun slinger. He may have the brains, but physical tools are important to win also.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

He does not have the arm to loosen up the D and this Jets team has flyers. Even DSmith is a flyer. Jets need a QB who can get the ball deep. In 14 they have an over paid, wet noodle armed now gun shy, gun slinger. He may have the brains, but physical tools are important to win also.

+1

He doesn't threaten the defense over the top. Even when receivers have defenders beat deep, he doesn't lead them, turning TDs into long gainers.

And, please, if someone calls "Mr. lock onto the first read" Fitzpatrick intelligent again...

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

At this point, why not give him a chance?

Best case, he plays well and makes us competitive.

Worst case, he plays as bad as you think he will, and we get a high draft pick.

Seasons over, I don't give a sh*t who we play.

No point caring now till 2017.

Give Geno all the chances you like.  

Just now, phill1c said:

+1

He doesn't threaten the defense over the top. Even when receivers have defenders beat deep, he doesn't lead them, turning TDs into long gainers.

And, please, if someone calls "Mr. lock onto the first read" Fitzpatrick intelligent again...

Lol

21 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Bowles is an effing Pu**y. He still believes in that garbage QB. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

It's shocking that many can't grasp this.  We are getting horrific QB play week after week yet the lunatic fringe is still screaming about how Geno sucks.

1 hour ago, jetsfan719 said:

At this point would rather see Geno than Fitz.  Geno hasn't thrown 9 interceptions in 2 games.  There is nothing you can say to make me think otherwise.  9 interceptions is unacceptable.

"But how can anyone still want to see what geno can do?!"

Because we don't base our evaluation on hate like you do?

I mean, you were ok for fitz, he of the playoff-less career and recent chokes, getting the opportunity. But Geno Smith shouldn't when he has greater physical talents and, apparently, no less football intelligence than the turnover machine that Fitzpatrick has been over the last 5 games.

Just now, phill1c said:

"But how can anyone still want to see what geno can do?!"

Because we don't base our evaluation on hate like you do?

I mean, you were ok for fitz, he of the playoff-less career and recent chokes, getting the opportunity. But Geno Smith shouldn't?

BINGO!!!  If Fitz deserves a shot than Geno does also.  

Here's the thing that bugs me:

for the Fitzpatrick fans, nobody on the Jets can play better ONLY because Fitz sucks. No other reason...They can have better physical talents, but, somehow, Fitzpatrick's turnovers are not his fault but every TO any other QB makes is solely that QB's fault.

1 minute ago, jfmckenna said:

Geno had his chance. He sucks.

Fitz sucking doesn't make Geno not suck.

Yes, having crap WRs and sh*tty OL makes him 'suck'. You have no evidence that Geno 'sucks' certainly not any RECENT evidence, just your hate and a man crush on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I was asked why I wanted to see Smith and I told you. If that's not good enough for you, too bad.

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

Dumb. Maybe YOU are ready to give up on the season and start dumbass Geno, I am not. I would rather wait for Petty, when he is healthy.

One other thing, Geno sux.

Fitz sucks too. Their suckitude is interchangeable. Lose with Fitz. Lose with Geno. What's the difference? At least shake it up. I was wishing for the wild cat today just to have someone else take a snap.

Archived