Paxton Lynch Watch

JiFtheOracle

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

We'd be experiencing this too if only Christian Hackenberg didn't spend his college career mitigating the Syrian refugee crisis.

He even screwed that up by the look of it, must have been the oline and Franklins fault.

How did he look?  By the time I tuned in, it was half-time.  

I didn't like Lynch much coming out as a first round prospect (albeit, I didn't like Hackenberg much as a second round guy, but still...) so I'm curious to see how he looks.  Personally, I thought he lacked touch on passes, and threw the ball on a line, which seemed prone to having NFL guys jump in front of.  But how did he look today?

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine what this must feel like.

as much as I love Lynch, and would have sold my first born for the Jets to draft... I don't want to see him do well. Not because he plays for DEN, but because I might not actually be able to deal with it. It could drive me to John Lennon our GM Macc in the streets of NY. 

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Typical overreaction thread.  It's one game.  Mark Sanchez and Colin Kaepernick looked good, too.  Wait until teams have some tape on this guy and then see what happens.

The guy you guys should be crying over is Derek Carr.  He's actually really good.  He should be a Jet, not Calvin Pryor.

Carr would be good here too ..until this Team gets a Franchise QB . It just gonna be False hope every year .

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A littany of rookie QBs that look more than serviceable and the Jets draft the guy who needs a redshirt year in the second round. 

Or the guy who had his redshirt year last season.  Please, football gods, let Petty take over if the offense keeps playing this way.

6 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Typical overreaction thread.  It's one game.  Mark Sanchez and Colin Kaepernick looked good, too.  Wait until teams have some tape on this guy and then see what happens.

The guy you guys should be crying over is Derek Carr.  He's actually really good.  He should be a Jet, not Calvin Pryor.

It's not an overreaction. It's a reaction to a situation.  Jets have $12mm fitz, a 4th string Qb and a ILB that looks like he can be a solid NFL starter.   We're at 1-3 - 9 int's in two weeks and watching a kid we passed on looking like he has serious potential.  

You might not be happy about it. But it's not an overreaction. 

5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

I wanted Lynch but my big beef is that we used a 2nd rounder on probably the worse QB that was drafted.  I agree about Carr, the guy looks good both on the physical and mental side of the game.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I wanted Lynch but my big beef is that we used a 2nd rounder on probably the worse QB that was drafted.  I agree about Carr, the guy looks good both on the physical and mental side of the game.

Carr and Luck are the two best young QBs in the AFC.  Carr might even be better than Luck.  

We'll see how Lynch looks after teams figure out his tendencies.

Archived