Fitzpatrick was a C+ QB and his holdout made him a D-

Lot K Tailgaters

You look at the great QBs they spend time in the off season at mini camps and even spending time on their own working with their WRs.  A lot of people somehow thought Ryan Fitzpatrcik was a top QB and even bought those Fitzmagic shirts.  Problem is not only was he a C+ QB he did NOTHING with this team the entire offseason.  The night before training camp they gave him a $12 million deal but he never worked with any of these players from basically late December until late July. 

In 2015 he had two great WRs bail him out but it took some significant time to gel with those guys during the season.  I feel like we are basically seeing the same situation again this year but our schedule is much more difficult for him to ever gel with these guys again. 

We should have just put out Geno, Petty, or even Hackenberg.  We are paying $12 million for a mediocre at best QB who is now garbage.

I hope Vito from Sheepshead Bay with his awkwardly shaped body wearing his hemmed jeans or jorts with tube socks sold all of his Fitzmagic shirts on Ebay or out of the trunk of his car.  Fitzpatrick will be out of the NFL next season.  Everyone else knows he's an over the hill journeyman QB.  He got his big contract but did NOTHING all offseason with these guys to build any chemistry. 

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

He got pretty fat and tan over the summer so I wouldn't say he was doing nothing 

Meanwhile the QB who should be playing worked his ass off trying to improve his play only to benched by a moron head coach and inept GM who should both go down in flames with him. 

Fitz could've been working with Joe Montana all summer, he's not coming in any better this year. Fitz sucks. He's the kind of guy that puts up decent performances against sh*tty teams and completely falls apart against better teams. He was no different last year, we just played ALOT of sh*tty teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With no running game, an injury and no previous starts Petty may not be an option. The FO/HC cannot start Geno. If he wins can you imagine how the fan base and the NFL media will mock them? No way in the world was Fitz worth $12MM. This same performance could be had out of Geno or Petty for less money.

There are too many here that put their hatred of a player(s) over the practicality of being a team. Cap management is part of being a team. Geno is out of here next season. Petty may get a shot. Hack? Who the hell knows. Fitz is done. He will sit pretty with $12MM he stole from the Jets. I hope that the fan base here is happy they got their choice at QB.

Terrible QB play makes the entire franchise ache. This is a young man's game. Now the Jets have 3 young QB's they can't use. Add that to the 5 speedy, young WR's this may have been a competitive team. Even with no power running game. The signing of Fitz to that stupid contract this season has cost the Jets Chris Ivory. They clearly miss him. The OL has been playing well. The area of concern is QB. The QB is Fitz, the fan favorite.

All the other franchises use young QB's to build a franchise. The Jets go about things in a way that is unfathomable. Did so once again. This is a very talented team. A team that can compete week in and week out. Except at the QB position. Adding Forte to Powell and Ivory was an upgrade. Signing Fitz for $12MM? A debacle.

At this stage I would start Petty. Not for anything Fitz has done because I don't believe all of this is his fault. But I would start Petty because we know what we have in both Fitz and Geno we don't know yet what Petty has to offer and we need to know that going into next years draft.

4 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

With no running game, an injury and no previous starts Petty may not be an option. The FO/HC cannot start Geno. If he wins can you imagine how the fan base and the NFL media will mock them? No way in the world was Fitz worth $12MM. This same performance could be had out of Geno or Petty for less money.

There are too many here that put their hatred of a player(s) over the practicality of being a team. Cap management is part of being a team. Geno is out of here next season. Petty may get a shot. Hack? Who the hell knows. Fitz is done. He will sit pretty with $12MM he stole from the Jets. I hope that the fan base here is happy they got their choice at QB.

Terrible QB play makes the entire franchise ache. This is a young man's game. Now the Jets have 3 young QB's they can't use. Add that to the 5 speedy, young WR's this may have been a competitive team. Even with no power running game. The signing of Fitz to that stupid contract this season has cost the Jets Chris Ivory. They clearly miss him. The OL has been playing well. The area of concern is QB. The QB is Fitz, the fan favorite.

All the other franchises use young QB's to build a franchise. The Jets go about things in a way that is unfathomable. Did so once again. This is a very talented team. A team that can compete week in and week out. Except at the QB position. Adding Forte to Powell and Ivory was an upgrade. Signing Fitz for $12MM? A debacle.

This is the side of $12million that the "it's not too much for him" crowd glossed over (and still gloss over) over when pitted against those of us who said the line in the sand should have been ~$7M.

Sure, the $5M difference between what he's worth and what he's paid isn't going to sink a team's long term flexibility, but that loss of additional cap space is only part of it.

When a long stance ends in paying him $12M then the season belongs to Fitz: they're not benching him until the season is blown and valuable games to judge another are wasted on this overhyped backup. He will start even more games to get every opportunity to redeem himself (even if the season's already in the toilet) because it then simultaneously would somewhat redeem the GM and HC that brought him back in the first place. Bench him this quickly would make them look foolish for bringing him back at such dollars. If he lasts 8+ starts (i.e. If they force him to last 8+ starts) then they can rationalize it.

Agree, and reality is the Jets should consider a contract extension to help spread his $5 million dead money salary cap figure next year and keep him working next offseason, they will need a vet backup anyway, (dial back that 3 year 24m deal to 3 year 18m now that the $3 million incentive for making the payoffs looks out of reach) - Fitz bet on himself so the fans are not the only ones losing and a benching will hurt his value next year so good time for Mac to get this done

5 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree, and reality is the Jets should consider a contract extension to help spread his $5 million dead money salary cap figure next year and keep him working next offseason, they will need a vet backup anyway, (dial back that 3 year 24m deal to 3 year 18m now that the $3 million incentive for making the payoffs looks out of reach) - Fitz bet on himself so the fans are not the only ones losing and a benching will hurt his value next year so good time for Mac to get this done

Sign Glennon or call the raiders about Cook or McGloin or call the bills about Cardale Jones

Way things are going right now if we're lucky we will have the #1 pick and a shot at Deshaun Watson

7 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

... dial back that 3 year 24m deal to 3 year 18m now that the $3 million incentive for making the payoffs looks out of reach ...

Good thought.  Still would've been better not re-signing him at all, but it is what it is now.  That would be a practical solution to help things.

The quoted line was pretty funny though.  "Now" the playoff incentive seems out of reach?  Lol, once "Ryan Fitzpatrick" was signed on the dotted line, any hope of reaching the playoffs was lost.

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Sign Glennon or call the raiders about Cook or McGloin or call the bills about Cardale Jones

Way things are going right now if we're lucky we will have the #1 pick and a shot at Deshaun Watson

Agree on the options but all are still basically rookies (Jets will still need a vet) 

as for the draft DeShone Kizer could be another good option if the Browns actually take Watson (Bears won yesterday), Mac was at the game on Saturday...

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I wouldn't look to bring in any QB who wasn't named Brees.  

Sit Fitz and start playing the young guys now.  See what happens and adjust accordingly this offseason.

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Fitz could've been working with Joe Montana all summer, he's not coming in any better this year. Fitz sucks. He's the kind of guy that puts up decent performances against sh*tty teams and completely falls apart against better teams. He was no different last year, we just played ALOT of sh*tty teams.

This is pretty much it, At 33 years old and 11 years in the league I think it's safe to say Fitz is what he is.  He can put up decent numbers against bad teams which he did last year with our cupcake schedule but everyone knew the uphill battle he had this year with our first 6 games.  The guy just can't handle good defenses which is why he's thrown 9 INT's in the past 2 games, why Rex has owned him for so many years and why he's been a journeyman stopgap/backup QB.  Would more time at camp have helped?  Maybe a little but not enough to make up for his deficiencies as a QB and I'm pretty sure we'd still be 1-3 right now.  Everyone in the media is now questioning why he Jets FO caved with the $12mm contract, but I'm happy with the way they handled it, caving would've been giving into his demands and being stuck with the guy for 3 years, the Jets and the league know what he is which is why he was never able to create any type of bidding war.

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Fitzpatrick will be out of the NFL next season.  Everyone else knows he's an over the hill journeyman QB.  He got his big contract but did NOTHING all offseason with these guys to build any chemistry. 

Yup. That's why no one in the NFL picked him up. Fitz is a QB that relies on the Defense and other factors to win the game. He can keep his team in the game if they are up but don't look for him the take the reins and win it for you. Thats all he's ever been so don't be surprised by his performance. He's just not that type of QB. And the Jets were seemingly OK with that coming into this season. FO knew it would have an empty stadium starting Geno, although I believe at this point, with a different team and two more years of experience, Jets should sh%# or get off the pot with Geno. In the NFL if you don't do your job you get somebody else in there. Jets said Smith is the #2. Well put him in, if he doesn't cut it move on to the next option. Fitz is just awful and I don't know if he can rebound and it won't be long before the team throws in the towel. 

How could a Harvard grad not realize in 10+ years in the NFL he needs to be able to make more than one f*cking read? A dump off to a RB is supposed to be last fcking option, yet this idiot makes it his second. The second he turns his head from his pre-snap decision, he runs. Isn't that what we call all of the college quarterbacks, incapable of adapting? One read? Spare me a fcking C+. He's been an F since he's been here, only difference is Marshall is starting to look his age and can't bail him out as often. He's so fcking limited, our OC won't even attempt to get a first down on 3rd and 10s.

Then he pouts in the fcking press conference "I've been hearing that about a quarterback change my whole career". What a fcking idiot. Any fcking college qb that is capable of changing his release point so 10% of his passes aren't batted at the line, and capable of turning his head is a better fcking quarterback than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

What a goddamn mistake paying him was. Fcking embarrassing.

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I wouldn't look to bring in any QB who wasn't named Brees.  

Sit Fitz and start playing the young guys now.  See what happens and adjust accordingly this offseason.

They aren't bringing in Brees but they will look to bring in a vet to compete to start next season. They aren't turning the keys over to one of the young guys worth looking at because Petty isn't healthy and Hack isn't ready.  

Fitz on a one year deal is fine. The money doesn't matter. Could you imagine this board right now if the Jets were on the hook for 2 more years?

How could a Harvard grad not realize in 10+ years in the NFL he needs to be able to make more than one f*cking read? A dump off to a RB is supposed to be last fcking option, yet this idiot makes it his second. The second he turns his head from his pre-snap decision, he runs. Isn't that what we call all of the college quarterbacks, incapable of adapting? One read? Spare me a fcking C+. He's been an F since he's been here, only difference is Marshall is starting to look his age and can't bail him out as often. He's so fcking limited, our OC won't even attempt to get a first down on 3rd and 10s.
Then he pouts in the fcking press conference "I've been hearing that about a quarterback change my whole career". What a fcking idiot. Any fcking college qb that is capable of changing his release point so 10% of his passes aren't batted at the line, and capable of turning his head is a better fcking quarterback than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Look I get why we signed him. I didn't want to all along, but it would have been one hell of a bold statement to go 1-6 and face the questions of the "mistake" of not signing him. We were going 1-6 with or without him, but revisionist history would've made it like we didn't sign Joe Montana over a few extra bucks.

People are going on about secondary, running game, coaching, management..... when your QB is throwing picks left and right mixed in with a 50% completion rate, nothing looks good. Absolutely nothing. You can't even begin to fairly evaluate the run game until you see a semblance of consistency from the QB. Defenses are teeing off on Forte because Fitz can't hurt them. The secondary is definitely a concern, but they're also always on the field in bad positions. You can make some general assumptions of issues we have elsewhere, but good QB play makes everyone better.

There's zero point to playing Fitz. Even if we turned around and won all the second half of the season cupcake games and miraculously made the playoffs, we're a 1st round exit at best.

17 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Look I get why we signed him. I didn't want to all along, but it would have been one hell of a bold statement to go 1-6 and face the questions of the "mistake" of not signing him. We were going 1-6 with or without him, but revisionist history would've made it like we didn't sign Joe Montana over a few extra bucks.

People are going on about secondary, running game, coaching, management..... when your QB is throwing picks left and right mixed in with a 50% completion rate, nothing looks good. Absolutely nothing. You can't even begin to fairly evaluate the run game until you see a semblance of consistency from the QB. Defenses are teeing off on Forte because Fitz can't hurt them. The secondary is definitely a concern, but they're also always on the field in bad positions. You can make some general assumptions of issues we have elsewhere, but good QB play makes everyone better.

There's zero point to playing Fitz. Even if we turned around and won all the second half of the season cupcake games and miraculously made the playoffs, we're a 1st round exit at best.

I don't agree that revisionist history means anything. Fitz would have inevitably signed elsewhere for a third of the price, and we would have watched him fail, yet again.

It's a fcking embarrassment that he hasn't been benched yet. Geno or Petty would not have had this long of a leash - not that I'm asking for the former to start. It is so fcking obvious when you watch the games, just how much we are held back by Fitz. This "chemistry" we heard so much about this offseason, is fcking nothing except the WR beating a corner 1v1. That's it. As soon as he sees a 1v1 matchup, that's where he's going. It's only worked because our fcking WRs are good. Surprise surprise, we face a difficult schedule, and that all falls apart. Shocking. Fcking shocking.

Our defense's problems won't be solved when they stay on the field because our offense can't do a fcking thing.

I don't agree that revisionist history means anything. Fitz would have inevitably signed elsewhere for a third of the price, and we would have watched him fail, yet again.
It's a fcking embarrassment that he hasn't been benched yet. Geno or Petty would not have had this long of a leash - not that I'm asking for the former to start. It is so fcking obvious when you watch the games, just how much we are held back by Fitz. This "chemistry" we heard so much about this offseason, is fcking nothing except the WR beating a corner 1v1. That's it. As soon as he sees a 1v1 matchup, that's where he's going. It's only worked because our fcking WRs are good. Surprise surprise, we face a difficult schedule, and that all falls apart. Shocking. Fcking shocking.
Our defense's problems won't be solved when they stay on the field because our offense can't do a fcking thing.

If he signed elsewhere, it would be as a backup. He would never have played a down with another team to this point and if we started out this badly with Geno or Bryce, we'd have to airlift McCaggs out of Flohram Park for his safety. Like I said then and now, not signing Fitz was the right move overall, but it would've been a career killer for Mac.

14 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

If he signed elsewhere, it would be as a backup. He would never have played a down with another team to this point and if we started out this badly with Geno or Bryce, we'd have to airlift McCaggs out of Flohram Park for his safety. Like I said then and now, not signing Fitz was the right move overall, but it would've been a career killer for Mac.

Which is why you don't listen to fans. This is also the reason Woody is a bad owner. That "career killer move" for Mac would have been the best possible scenario for us, unless we drafted a qb that didn't require a year of sitting, which would have made it an even better scenario. Now, we have $3m less in salary cap for the next 3 years, on top of what of the $5m or so we owe him next year (I may be somewhat off on exact #s). Still no qb in sight. The one qb that deserves to be the starter right now is Petty, and that is judging solely on his PS - and he's hurt.

The only way this season was going to be successful was by Hackenberg or Petty becoming good QBs. That has been the case since April, and it hasn't changed.

Coach Todd Bowles believes he earned it, ok?

It's almost like some of us predicted these exact events.  Wasting your time with someone that doesnt advance your franchise and doesnt serve as a bridge but more so a bottleneck because he in fact, holds you back.  Instead of giving the job to the kids who have been here every single day working hard to learn the system, leading the team in the absence of the entitled conquering hero, developing chemistry with the WR's and moving the franchise forward...we just hand the job to the guy because he earned it, ok. 

Well, here we are:

are-you-not-entertained.gif

12 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

You look at the great QBs they spend time in the off season at mini camps and even spending time on their own working with their WRs.  A lot of people somehow thought Ryan Fitzpatrcik was a top QB and even bought those Fitzmagic shirts.  Problem is not only was he a C+ QB he did NOTHING with this team the entire offseason.  The night before training camp they gave him a $12 million deal but he never worked with any of these players from basically late December until late July. 

No, he's never been a C+ QB. He was a D- to begin with and the off season made him an F. Good news for him the grading scale stops at F, else I'd give him like a Q or R. 

In 2015 he had two great WRs bail him out but it took some significant time to gel with those guys during the season.  I feel like we are basically seeing the same situation again this year but our schedule is much more difficult for him to ever gel with these guys again. 

True.

We should have just put out Geno, Petty, or even Hackenberg.  We are paying $12 million for a mediocre at best QB who is now garbage.

At 27-10 and Fitz doing his best impression of last week, it didn't make sense to send him back in with 4 mins left. We were NEVER going to come back from that. Could've seen if Geno sparks something. Lucky for Fitz we had a gimmick TD that makes him look better with 17 offensive points. He was total sh*t once again and Bowles need to grow a fvcking pair. 

I hope Vito from Sheepshead Bay with his awkwardly shaped body wearing his hemmed jeans or jorts with tube socks sold all of his Fitzmagic shirts on Ebay or out of the trunk of his car.  Fitzpatrick will be out of the NFL next season.  Everyone else knows he's an over the hill journeyman QB.  He got his big contract but did NOTHING all offseason with these guys to build any chemistry. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on Macc for paying this garbage sh*t ton of money to throw league leading ints. 13 ints in the last 5 games. How is he still starting? How is the HC still pounding his chest and claiming no trust has been lost? Or does he mean to say he had zero trust to begin with but that Fitz has some of his pics? Im sure those pics will get intercepted anyways.

2 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

not having a play book or the philosophy Gailey and Fitz discuss week to week, how do you know what option is first, second or third ? How do you know how much is decided by pre snap reads and one on one coverage ? RB's can be the first option on many plays not just as a check down.

Batted passes at the line are not the QB's fault contrary to what you believe when a Defensive lineman commits to batting down a pass he's not engaged with a O-lineman there is NO WAY for a QB to be looking down field and recognize this. If your mad at Fitz play and the play calls in general there is no need to make sh*t up to prove the point.

This offense in general has played bad. Fitz has plainly stated as has anyone who follows this team with big receivers you take your chances in one on one situations problem right now is players are not falling for the back shoulder pass and they are out fighting our WR's for the football... so what that should tell you ? is it's time to make an adjustment ? maybe up the tempo of the offense maybe attack the middle of the field more maybe use the RB's more, no matter how you slice it its not always Fitz fault hes just the easy way out to complain and bitch.

As of right now he happens to be the one making the bad throws, there is no denying that but at some point when you've been figured out you have to make a change and we have not made that change and if we don't soon the Steeler game is shaping up to be a complete debacle.

Right now I see a poorly coached football team in every single phase of the game and until that changes we will not win games. While this team seems aggressive on paper due to blitz percentages this is NOT an aggressive football team. Our Defense does not create turnovers and they give up huge big plays that break our backs and they have in all 3 losses. If were not giving away big plays we are giving away fumbles and throwing Ints. If you can tell me ONE adjustment this team has made to remedy any of our current play I'll listen but the fact is this is the same football team week in and week out and it has carried over from last year. This team comes out flat plays like its just not ready to deal with what offense are showing them or defenses for that matter and they play totally uninspired football. Looking at the Hawks in what is an elite defense we were supposed to be are we anywhere close to that ? Hell we still can't even tackle guys in the secondary.

Our head Coach SUCKS has no fire and has not changed anything and its becoming a virus throughout this entire team. At times this team looks like its giving up and its only the 4th week into the season. They have taken on the persona of our head coach like I said in another thread its like Perry Como is out there coaching and everyone is falling asleep.

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

not having a play book or the philosophy Gailey and Fitz discuss week to week, how do you know what option is first, second or third ? How do you know how much is decided by pre snap reads and one on one coverage ? RB's can be the first option on many plays not just as a check down.

You watch the QBs head. Fitz' will turn maybe twice. And if the RB is his second option every time he dumps it off to them, it's a fcking limitation because he has 3 other options on the field he's not looking at.

Batted passes at the line are not the QB's fault contrary to what you believe when a Defensive lineman commits to batting down a pass he's not engaged with a O-lineman there is NO WAY for a QB to be looking down field and recognize this. If your mad at Fitz play and the play calls in general there is no need to make sh*t up to prove the point.

They are when you're 6'1 and throw it side arm.

This offense in general has played bad. Fitz has plainly stated as has anyone who follows this team with big receivers you take your chances in one on one situations problem right now is players are not falling for the back shoulder pass and they are out fighting our WR's for the football... so what that should tell you ? is it's time to make an adjustment ? maybe up the tempo of the offense maybe attack the middle of the field more maybe use the RB's more, no matter how you slice it its not always Fitz fault hes just the easy way out to complain and bitch.

And when they don't fall for the one way you get it into the end zone, we lose. Not fitz' fault his crutch to his limitations aren't working anymore, right? Of course it's not his fault he throws 10 picks in 4 games. Yes, when the one thing that has gotten Fitz to where he is (backshoulders to the outside WR) isn't working anymore, you fcking abandon the fitz ship, because that's all he fcking has. What fcking games are you watching? How many times did we see the backshoulder work, just because it's Decker and Marshall going against sh*t CBs last season? He tries it against good CBs this season, and it backfires, horrendously. Shocking.

Our head Coach SUCKS has no fire and has not changed anything and its becoming a virus throughout this entire team. At times this team looks like its giving up and its only the 4th week into the season. They have taken on the persona of our head coach like I said in another thread its like Perry Como is out there coaching and everyone is falling asleep.

Right now I see a poorly coached football team in every single phase of the game and until that changes we will not win games. While this team seems aggressive on paper due to blitz percentages this is NOT an aggressive football team. Our Defense does not create turnovers and they give up huge big plays that break our backs and they have in all 3 losses. If were not giving away big plays we are giving away fumbles and throwing Ints. If you can tell me ONE adjustment this team has made to remedy any of our current play I'll listen but the fact is this is the same football team week in and week out and it has carried over from last year. This team comes out flat plays like its just not ready to deal with what offense are showing them or defenses for that matter and they play totally uninspired football. Looking at the Hawks in what is an elite defense we were supposed to be are we anywhere close to that ? Hell we still can't even tackle guys in the secondary.

Yeah, him getting riled up in press conferences will make up for all the times they have to go back onto the field on short notice due to a 3 and out - and turnovers. Give me a break. I'm not giving anyone credit here. The secondary has been god awful with tackling and coverage. They gave up 10 points last week, and they couldn't beat the Seahawks yesterday. Pryor is not good in coverage. Gilchrist is average. Surprisingly, Gilchrist seems to be more reliable when it comes to open field tackles. Marcus Williams is soft, and Revis is the only good tackler. Wilson was lights out, and outside of that long TD, it was not the worst game they've played this season. Darron Lee was actually in good spots while covering most of the game, but sometimes even perfect coverage can't do anything against a perfect pass and Jimmy Graham.

Bowles hasn't been impressive, and the challenge followed by the timeout was by far his biggest blunder yesterday.  Our secondary is just not good. Revis had a good game yesterday, and aside from that, nobody is good.

Also, to address the bold - We came out flat plenty last season, too. If you look at our scoring and defense from the first half of games last year and compare it to the second halves, you'll see you'd be wrong to say that. We blew out teams in the second half of games last season. I'll agree we haven't seen enough of that this season, but at the same time, what, 9(?) of Fitz' 10 picks have been in the second half. Name a fcking coach that could remedy 9 second half picks through 4 games.

14 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I can't stand post like this!!!!!

Despite your vain attempt to smear Fitz, he was out preparing for the riggers of the season by throwing to his kids and playing golf!!

Let the idiots like Tom Brady, Russell Wilson and other starting QBs wear themselves out, through  practice, practice, practice developing timing with their players during the off season!!

Wait, their arms will be dead by the end of the season and that's when Fitzmagic will shine the brightest!!!!

Lets Go Jets!!! :)

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is the side of $12million that the "it's not too much for him" crowd glossed over (and still gloss over) over when pitted against those of us who said the line in the sand should have been ~$7M.

Sure, the $5M difference between what he's worth and what he's paid isn't going to sink a team's long term flexibility, but that loss of additional cap space is only part of it.

When a long stance ends in paying him $12M then the season belongs to Fitz: they're not benching him until the season is blown and valuable games to judge another are wasted on this overhyped backup. He will start even more games to get every opportunity to redeem himself (even if the season's already in the toilet) because it then simultaneously would somewhat redeem the GM and HC that brought him back in the first place. Bench him this quickly would make them look foolish for bringing him back at such dollars. If he lasts 8+ starts (i.e. If they force him to last 8+ starts) then they can rationalize it.

Logical post like this give me indigestion!!!!!:sherlock:

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Fitz was a B+ last year and so far this year in game one a C, game 2 an A, game 3 an F and game 4 a C. IMO that is. 

Um, NO, he wasn't. He was a C+. Having the Jets record for TDs in a season, at 31, is not really all that great. And then there was the CHOKING!!

MY GOD, THE CHOKING!!

You're giving Chad Cascadden grades, where anything other that "complete meltdown" gets you a C.

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

Um, NO, he wasn't. He was a C+. Having the Jets record for TDs in a season, at 31, is not really all that great. And then there was the CHOKING!!

MY GOD, THE CHOKING!!

You're giving Chad Cascadden grades, where anything other that "complete meltdown" gets you a C.

Look we're talking entire 2015 season and he was definitely a B+. If you want to grade him for week 17 he was a C that day because he kept them in the game until the end but like this year did not make plays to take them over the top. And the team also played poorly that day.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Look we're talking entire 2015 season and he was definitely a B+. If you want to grade him for week 17 he was a C that day because he kept them in the game until the end but like this year did not make plays to take them over the top. And the team also played poorly that day.

so 5 weeks out of a 16 week season of poor play allows for a B+?!

Agree to disagree. I remember several weeks of suckage and YEAH, 3 INTs in the 4th quarter of a must-win game do count for more than other less critical games. IMO

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We had the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 what dont you understand? 

Archived