How to get rid of woody and make the Jets winners again

FlaJetsFan

1. raise  a serious war chest in the private / capital markets

2. make the current ownership a fair offer with reasonable premium

3.  boycott as many games as necessary till the trust fund boy folds, which he will sooner than you might think, given how loathed in nyc he is

4.  be prepared to deal (legally) wit all and any underhanded dirty tricks by woody and his pals

5. rebuid this once legendary afc team with an actual serious, all business pro management team that answers to its stockholder owners, with ironclad limits as to size of ownership blocks as convenants 

11 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

1. raise  a serious war chest in the private / capital markets

2. make the current ownership a fair offer with reasonable premium

3.  boycott as many games as necessary till the trust fund boy folds, which he will sooner than you might think, given how loathed in nyc he is

4.  be prepared to deal (legally) wit all and any underhanded dirty tricks by woody and his pals

5. rebuid this once legendary afc team with an actual serious, all business pro management team that answers to its stockholder owners, with ironclad limits as to size of ownership blocks as convenants 

Seems legit

2 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

When Leon Hess owned the club it was worse. So lets get another owner and start all over again, because that's the problem.

Makes perfect sense. Does anyone remember Rich Kotex? Some of the children on here don't I'm sure.

people don't understand we have actually seen the golden era of jets football under Woody as sad as tat is.  Unfortunately Brady came around at the same time but still we have as many PO wins as pre Woody and almost as many PO apps despite pre Woody being 40 years and w/ Woody 17.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You people are an embarrassment to New York. 

SAR I

The giveaways and being you were able to get seats is pacifying you SAR I most fans want wins and Super Bowl Championships if Woody cant get it done time to sell the team to someone who will. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The giveaways and being you were able to get seats is pacifying you SAR I most fans want wins and Super Bowl Championships if Woody cant get it done time to sell the team to someone who will. 

An owner has one job: spend money.

Woody has done this in spades, and the reason this franchise is suffering if anything is because he tried to appease moronic Jet fans and held onto Rex Ryan due to his popularity rather than firing him in 2012 as he should have.

You impatient and gullible morons. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

An owner has one job: spend money.

Woody has done this in spades, and the reason this franchise is suffering if anything is because he tried to appease moronic Jet fans and held onto Rex Ryan due to his popularity rather than firing him.  You impatient and gullible morons. 

SAR I

He shared spending money if you mean that new and improved stadium. You and the Giants fans paid for it, impatient? Where have you been for 47 years? 

17 minutes ago, CobraVerde said:

OP deserves a 1 week ban. This is like pure stupidity. Crying over the owner is the dumbest thing you can do. A lot of the crazies are coming out.

January:  "We are going to crush the Bills!  We are going to the playoffs!"
January:  "I hate this team, fire everyone!"
March:  "We can't have a decent season unless we get Ryan Fitzpatrick back!"
April:  "I like the Hackenberg pick, Maccagnan is a genius!"
July:  "We are going to go 11-5!"
August:  "We are going to go 12-4!"
September: "Fitzpatrick sucks, WTF against the Bengals?"
September:  "Fitzpatrick is awesome, AFC Player Of The Week!  Yes!"
October:  "Fitzpatrick sucks, cut him!"
October:  "Bowles sucks, fire him!"
October:  "Woody sucks, sell the team!"

No wonder these gullible fools loved Rex Ryan so much; they want the clown show, they like the circus.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

First off, they really should move the team back to NY.  How ridiculous is it that the majority of fan base needs to travel 1.5-2 hours to see their team play?

Yes, because the same fans in New York would make a far bigger impact than the same fans in New Jersey.

The color of a plastic seat never won a football game.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

When Leon Hess owned the club it was worse. So lets get another owner and start all over again, because that's the problem.

Makes perfect sense. Does anyone remember Rich Kotex? Some of the children on here don't I'm sure.

Two bad losses in a row and I have been entertained by the idiocy I've read last night and today. Fans are great. Maybe every time the Jets lose the HC should get fired!

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, because the same fans in New York would make a far bigger impact than the same fans in New Jersey.

The color of a plastic seat never won a football game.

SAR I

PSLs were supposed to fix all that and more. 

Now you have more opposing teams fans than ever in that stadium. 

This comes from a neighbor who still goes to every damn game since he was a kid at Shea Stadium. 

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You people are an embarrassment to New York. 

SAR I

Don't be so quick to judge....

.. they could be embarassments to New Jersey..

Johnson fixed his mistake with Idzik and did his diligence in hiring Mac. There is NO real evidence that Woody has been meddling (certainly not to the level of many other owners). We said we were going to give the FO at least 3 years to turn the team around. But now, in year 2, we think that not only does the FO have to go, but the owner does too. Maybe you would prefer the Hess family to take the Jets back. Or the cablevision guy.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

PSLs were supposed to fix all that and more. 

Now you have more opposing teams fans than ever in that stadium. 

This comes from a neighbor who still goes to every damn game since he was a kid at Shea Stadium. 

Actually I was at MetLife yesterday and while there were Seahawk fans there I thought it was a good Jets crowd until the wheels fell off at the end. What causes fans of opposing teams to attend these games is the ease to buy tickets on computer sites. Years ago home computers and ticket websites didn't exists. BTW, every team goes through this not just the Jets. Go to a Giants game when they play the Cowboys. How about when there were more 49er fans at Jerry World when the Niners played the Cowboys a couple of years ago. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He shared spending money if you mean that new and improved stadium. You and the Giants fans paid for it, impatient? Where have you been for 47 years? 

Florham Park is a world-class training facility, the Jets spare no expense on medical care, family support, trainers, physical therapists, travel, you name it, all these things are of major importance in courting free agents to New Jersey.  Guys like Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Darrelle Revis, and many more choose the Jets over other franchises because Woody spends the money other owners don't, he's first class.

As for the stadium, it's a great facility and represents the Jets very nicely on gameday's when it's green and white and full of 80,000 Jets fans.

Impatient:  Expecting a rebuild to happen in a 5 month offseason because every time we flip head coaches we wind up with 10 fluke wins which delay's the hard work of a legitimate rebuild.

Gullible:  Cared too much about the embarrassing Buttfumble, cared too little about how Rex Ryan was an awful head coach.  Same for "from Long Island" Vinny Testaverde, same for "he's a good guy" Chad Pennington, the signals you send to your owner matter, they count.  He wants to build a winner but he wants you to be happy.  When you shouted to keep Rex Ryan, he listened, and that set us back 3 years and is why you're suffering this very day.  If Rex gets fired as he should have in 2012 there is no Idzik, there is no Geno, there is no Bowles, we'd be 3 years closer to contending than we are right now.  I blame Woody for this, for listening to you fools.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Actually I was at MetLife yesterday and while there were Seahawk fans there I thought it was a good Jets crowd until the wheels fell off at the end. What causes fans of opposing teams to attend these games is the ease to buy tickets on computer sites. Years ago home computers and ticket websites didn't exsist. BTW, every team goes through this not just the Jets. Go to a Giants game when they play the Cowboys. How about when their were more 49er fans at Jerry World when the Nines played the Cowboys a couple of years ago. 

I think its more that PSL owners are selling out on the Jets. 

Archived