Abysmal And Getting Worse

KRL

16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

We are a good team with a below average QB .  Until we fix that issue, we will remain where we are . Oh and starting a QB who's not ready for the NFL and forcing your scheme down his throat is not the way to fix it.  Geno was the way to go this year with Bryce Petty coming in if and when he fell flat on his face . A young experience QB who had 2 years in the same system followed by yet another young QB who has no pro experience, but also is going into his 2yr in the same system . That's how you find a QB, not by doing what the frill we have been doing for how ever long .

The truly amazing thing is it almost worked once, but the kid just couldn't stay healthy and we never drafted a capable contender while he was here .

This guy gets it...Sit Fitz

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

This guy gets it...Sit Fitz

Actually I don't think he does because there seems to be an assumption in some places that getting a better QB will make out awful awful underachieving defense instantly get better.  It won't.  We have talent on the Dline that is either not performing or not being allowed to perform due to scheme.  The simple plays still kill this team week in and week out, simple passes to TE's or RB's and the coaching staff can't figure out how to stop it.

Our QB play has been atrocious but our defense is about the most overrated part of this team.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Actually I don't think he does because there seems to be an assumption in some places that getting a better QB will make out awful awful underachieving defense instantly get better.  It won't.  We have talent on the Dline that is either not performing or not being allowed to perform due to scheme.  The simple plays still kill this team week in and week out, simple passes to TE's or RB's and the coaching staff can't figure out how to stop it.

Our QB play has been atrocious but our defense is about the most overrated part of this team.

Yesterday many here saw Richard Sherman burned badly by Marshall. Teams make plays on other teams. Russell Wilson is able to make plays so he team can overcome the those issues. Fitz can't. The QB is the single most I,portent piece in this game. If he cannot be trusted and those turn overs are glaring (3 more pics in the 4th and a fumble that Peake ran in for a TD) he has to sit. 

The Jets needed to try the younger players out until they find one. Fitz is not a "find". He has looooong been found out.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Yesterday many here saw Richard Sherman burned badly by Marshall. Teams make plays on other teams. Russell Wilson is able to make plays so he team can overcome the those issues. Fitz can't. The QB is the single most I,portent piece in this game. If he cannot be trusted and those turn overs are glaring (3 more pics in the 4th and a fumble that Peake ran in for a TD) he has to sit. 

The Jets needed to try the younger players out until they find one. Fitz is not a "find". He has looooong been found out.

Qb is possibly the most important position in all of sports.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

9 interceptions in two games, and outside of a good game against Buffalo, he has done nothing.  But you're right.  It's not Fitz.

I never said it was not about Fitz.  I said it was not ALL about Fitz.  You have trouble with the English language?

7 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Wow, Big Blockhead.  You are the clever one aren't you.  And here I thought all you brought here was constant complaints about Fitz.

Complaints that the defense made him throw 9 INT in the last two games. I'm just impressed you can continue to come up with new fitzcuses week after week

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

We are a good team with a below average QB .  Until we fix that issue, we will remain where we are . Oh and starting a QB who's not ready for the NFL and forcing your scheme down his throat is not the way to fix it.  Geno was the way to go this year with Bryce Petty coming in if and when he fell flat on his face . A young experience QB who had 2 years in the same system followed by yet another young QB who has no pro experience, but also is going into his 2yr in the same system . That's how you find a QB, not by doing what the frill we have been doing for how ever long .

The truly amazing thing is it almost worked once, but the kid just couldn't stay healthy and we never drafted a capable contender while he was here .

As you know the coach that 90% of this board hates would have pulled Fitz already.  You have to have a clear plan as to what you are going to do with the QB position and just saying as Bowles does that "he has faith in Fitz" and that he "never thought about pulling Fitz" for a series or two is extremely disturbing.  

The question that Bowles and the Jets have to ask and which should have been asked by any reporter is "if he isnt going to sit Fitz for a minute after 9 INTs in two games, when would he do it?"

Bowles nonchalant attitude like it is crazy to suggest an examination of Fitz is stupidity in the extreme. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Don't you know that Geno sucks?  What is wrong with you?  

26 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Don't you know that Geno sucks?  What is wrong with you?  

Sorry JB I didn't get the memo . 

One of the things I enjoy is scouting QBs at the college level  and I wasn't in-love with Geno Smith, but we were sparking . That kid ran a gimmicky offense at West Virginia and put up ridiculous numbers with 1 special player . He came to the Jets, was surrounded by garbage, never got the opportunity to learn a pro scheme and was thrown to the wolves .

He got mauled, and it is his fault .

I was never a fan of Mob mentality, and I see a talented kid who needs reps and a chance . He's  probably not going to get it here and that's a shame .  4 years as a pro, and 3 different OC and his issues are his fault .  These miserable folks humiliate a kid on his job and can't understand why he acts the way he does . Frilling amazing

That is all

5 hours ago, JiF said:

This is a roster loaded with talent and they look like a bunch of bumbling stumbling idiots with no clue how to play the game of Football.  The lack of game plan week in week out, is alarming.  It's literally like they line up at the LOS and starting point guys out, "I've got his guy, I've got 85, I've got the RB"...and then the ball is snapped and 2 guys are covering the same guy and some joe blow is running down the field wide open.  It's school yard sh*t.  On offense, its literally one read, who's got one on one coverage and throw the ball up.  **** it, run the same play 10 times.  You'll win eventually.  No ingenuity, nothing to throw the D off their game, nothing to make them think...just line up and beat the guy in front of you.  Oh and we're going to run on 2nd down every single time. 

Well, that doesnt work in the NFL because the other guys are pros too and they've spent an entire week focusing on how to stop you/beat you.  This isnt college where one team has 5 stars and the other 2 stars recruits. 

There is no urgency on this team.  There is no energy.  There is no passion.  **** sake, did you see the coaches press conference?  He was completely and utterly indifferent.  Literally, didnt care one bit.  It was aw-shucks, we'll get them next week.

What's the vision?  What's the identity?  Who does Bowles want this team to be?  Because right now, they're not even competitive and they dont do a single thing well and it doesnt make sense.  With the talent this team has, they should be one of the best teams in the NFL.  Never mind Fitz and that you're never really anything if he's your QB.  The rest of the roster should not be this terrible. 

I don't put that on Gailey. He actually stated once that the offense was simpler for Fitz. There is literally only a couple of things that Fitz can do, and Gailey tries to provide those things. I saw this coming and got roasted for saying it. We need to sit/cut Fitz and fire Bowles. He is not the guy.

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

bump

Idk what's going on with the blown coverages. Its REALLY concerning, obviously. That falls on Bowles. Get it fixed. If its the same players not getting it done, just bench them. Whoever you put out there isn't gonna be worse.

Big plays from blown coverages are obviously killers, and lost us two games. 

Without being a blinded angry fan that hates Fitz, a direct and honest assessment is this....

Throwing 9 picks when it could have/should have been more in 2 games doesn't give anyone on the offense a chance to make a play. Seriously, they should have just played Hack or Petty. No one can convince me the stats would be worse.

And now heres the other point which is just as important. When your QB isn't hitting WIDE OPEN wr's. You simply can't win in this league. Fitz is simply the biggest problem with this team this year, Yes AFTER the secondary. 

Secondary is sh*t. Don't get me wrong. But, in today's NFL if you're hitting your wr's when they're open for big gains and TD's, you're in every game. We've had PLENTY of seperation in every game. 

I rewatched each game to make sure. Adequate qb play would probably have us 2-2., or 3-1. Fitz overthrows Brandon Marshall in the end zone against cincy, where 15 gets clobbered and should have been a penalty. Fg gets blocked after. Later on Fitz throws behind 15, a catch in stride puts in fg range and maybe we win. I can't even imagine how the kc game would have looked, and we had our chances against seattle. 

Trust me, I get it. The coaches would rather dog sh*t than play Geno. But then why is he on the team? And again I get it. Coaches have to win games to validate their job, and with Petty hurt we're stuck with Fitz. Give geno a shot until Petty comes back, then let him play out the year.

Does anybody really think putting Geno in is the answer? There is a group that thought that Fitz, although the most likely choice, was never going to reproduce his play form last year and play more like the mediocre QB we knew he was; even with that many thought Fitz was our only chance to compete. 

I think they wait until Petty is healed and the defenses get easier and then we see Petty. Geno doesn't make the field unless Fitz is hurt. Both Geno and Fitz are gone next year. And it will be Petty's or Hack's job to win out.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Does anybody really think putting Geno in is the answer? There is a group that thought that Fitz, although the most likely choice, was never going to reproduce his play form last year and play more like the mediocre QB we knew he was; even with that many thought Fitz was our only chance to compete. 

I think they wait until Petty is healed and the defenses get easier and then we see Petty. Geno doesn't make the field unless Fitz is hurt. Both Geno and Fitz are gone next year. And it will be Petty's or Hack's job to win out.

I personally thought the best plan was to play Geno and see what he could do through the first 7-8 weeks. If he stunk up the joint than the transition to Petty would be a positive spin. By signing and playing Fitz and by keeping Geno it makes it yet another controversy in regards to who plays next.

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I personally thought the best plan was to play Geno and see what he could do through the first 7-8 weeks. If he stunk up the joint than the transition to Petty would be a positive spin. By signing and playing Fitz and by keeping Geno it makes it yet another controversy in regards to who plays next.

Clearly, they didn't think Geno was going to be able to win enough games. Of course, it doesn't look like Fitz is going to win enough games, but they felt (and most agreed) he was their best chance. You don't just play a guy for 7 games and hope it works out. Had Petty not gotten hurt, they MAY have moved away from Geno, but now I think they wait until the season is lost to play Petty

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Clearly, they didn't think Geno was going to be able to win enough games. Of course, it doesn't look like Fitz is going to win enough games, but they felt (and most agreed) he was their best chance. You don't just play a guy for 7 games and hope it works out. Had Petty not gotten hurt, they MAY have moved away from Geno, but now I think they wait until the season is lost to play Petty

In essence that's what their doing with Fitz. Nothing in his 11+ year career indicated he could consistently beat winning teams like the the ones our schedule is  front loaded with. 

No one wants to say that we lost to good teams, the truth is that we played competitively against some of the best teams in the league in seattle, Cincinnati, and Kansas city. We were competitive when we played sloppy so if we can tighten things up we can still be a decent football team this year. We have one win against the bills who just sh*t the patriots out. We probably lose this week to the Steelers who again are one of the best teams in football. The expectations of this fan base are unrealistic the team still has some rebuilding that needs to be done.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On 10/3/2016 at 9:06 AM, Big Blocker said:

Fact of the matter is, this roster is not very good no matter how much you want  to blame the CS.

Think back to the off season and discussions of who might step up this year.  Milliner, Amaro, M. Williams, Mauldin, Qvale, all were mentioned.  Imo the only two who really have stepped it up are Winters, who nonetheless had a really stupid play yesterday, and Enunwa, who is playing well but has had his drops, too.  The point is that only they have improved.  Meanwhile Decker will be out for a long time, Revis has lost a step, Harris is done, Fitz throws interceptions when the team gets behind, Forte is mediocre,  The DL is not getting to the Qb after the Bengals game.  The secondary blows.

And unless Petty comes through, there still is no medium to long term answer at Qb on the roster.

It's hard to look at that and say the roster is great.  Yes the CS is a problem.  But I frankly think it is both.

Milliner, McDougle were thought to have some hope this year, along with Amaro being healthy...none are even on the damn roster.  Revis isn't worth $8 million at this point much less $16 million.  Harris I agree is indeed done...he's playing hard and will hit someone like a truck, but his speed is well, non-existent.

I mentioned in another thread that until we show that we can cover the under/short stuff in the passing game, other teams will supplant their running game with RB dump offs, bubble screens and TE slants on 3 step drops to avoid/neutralize our DL and get their playmakers into space against slower LB's and poor tackling secondary.  You don't need a running game in today's NFL...while it helps, KC showed us you can control the ball just fine with a short passing game and take your occasional shot downfield as the game progresses.

I also do not understand Forte usage; I think he's still pretty good..but it seems they turned the running game over to him,a nd the short passing game over to Powell.  While Powell is a fine pass catching back, Forte's 'forte' is elusiveness in space and is historically probably one of the best pass catching RB's in the leagues history...I think he's a better RB in space than Powell...so what gives?

Disappointing to say the least....get well soon Bryce Petty...because getting the answer to your possible potential is a BIG question that needs to be answered.

On 10/3/2016 at 3:56 PM, 56mehl56 said:

I agreed with this all off season...but as soon as they signed Fitz, the writing was on the wall that he was gonna play until we were out of it and Petty was ready to audition.

The CS had ALL off-season to look at Geno and still decided to sign Fitz.  Was some of that the 'players' loyalty stuff to Fitz?  Probably, but I refuse to believe it was the major factor.  If Petty hadn't gotten injured, not sure Geno would be here right now as it seems the CS even after watching Fitz's recent suckage keeps trotting him out there until this 'opening' part of our schedule, which was/is brutal, is over.

I believe the plan all along was Fitz until after week 6-8...if we were still competitive/in it, he stays playing of course but if not, after the pre-season demonstration of Petty's progress and the fact that they have little faith in Geno and his contract status being over after 2016 it was going to be time to evaluate Petty in regular season action.  If Petty hadn't gotten hurt in the PS, and looking at Fitz's recent play, that timetable might have been altered...but sure they want to give Petty some practice time at this point since he's been out a month.

Archived