Cromartie released by Colts

Integrity28

Took 4 games, and they were flat out desperate, for them to realize this guy was done... yet Bowles, loyal to his guys, kept him around all of last year. When he was a huge liability.

Same deal with Bobby April, Bowles kept him all of 2015, his new team dumped him at the quarter mark of 2016. 

Picking up on the slow-to-react, overly loyal to his "guys" theme with Bowles? Hope it's correctable after it burns him a couple times.

Colts released CB Antonio Cromartie.

Cromartie's tenure in Indianapolis lasted all of four games. He was added late in training camp as insurance for Vontae Davis, who returned from an ankle injury in Week 3. This could also be a sign that Darius Butler (hamstring) is on the mend. Cromartie logged 14 tackles over 204 snaps for the Colts. LB Sio Moore was also released on Tuesday.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, prime21 said:

If Revis is iffy for Sunday I can see the Jets bringing him in.  He knows the system and unfortunately knows hows to get beat as well.

If Revis can't go, it's feet to the fire time for Burris. The McDougle and Milliner swing and misses have made the Jets spend over 24 million on two CBs that are massively underperforming. Add in Milliner's dead money and that's almost 30. Ridiculous.

Also, if they need to bring in someone, bring back Darrin Walls who outplayed Cromartie and others last season.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Has Todd Bowles benched a single player due to poor play thus far in his tenure? 

That's what separates BB and Pete Carroll.   Best players play.  

You have a big contract, but you are being out played?  Have a SEAT.

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Revis can't go, it's feet to the fire time for Burris. The McDougle and Milliner swing and misses have made the Jets spend over 24 million on two CBs that are massively underperforming. Add in Milliner's dead money and that's almost 30. Ridiculous.

Also, if they need to bring in someone, bring back Darrin Walls who outplayed Cromartie and others last season.

Did anyone notice much difference when Revis got hurt and Burris came in? I didn't. Only time I heard his name get called was to acknowledge he had taken the field, and for a rookie CB that's usually not a bad sign.

Sure, he'll get beat sometimes, he'll make mistakes ... but so are the vets right now. I'd like to see him get more playing time.

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Took 4 games, and they were flat out desperate, for them to realize this guy was done... yet Bowles, loyal to his guys, kept him around all of last year. When he was a huge liability.

Same deal with Bobby April, Bowles kept him all of 2015, his new team dumped him at the quarter mark of 2016. 

Picking up on the slow-to-react, overly loyal to his "guys" theme with Bowles? Hope it's correctable after it burns him a couple times.

Yes... im starting to think that about his selection D-Coordinator.

15 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's what separates BB and Pete Carroll.   Best players play.  

You have a big contract, but you are being out played?  Have a SEAT.

Agreed. Yet I wonder if a coach has the balls when the pressure comes from the owner etc.  I LOVE what Giradi did to AROD. 

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets are painful, lots of pain over the years but Indy to me would be a 2nd kind of pain.  Actually having a franchise type young Qb and being having just an awful coach and awful front office that is going to waste the player.

Totally. At least we have REASONS. 

And to think Luck thinks the Colts are better than the Jets (organization). Irsay actually said last week Luck needed to learn how to not get hurt. I wonder if he has any "eff that's " left after cursing out the Jets

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets are painful, lots of pain over the years but Indy to me would be a 2nd kind of pain.  Actually having a franchise type young Qb and being having just an awful coach and awful front office that is going to waste the player.

Proof that you need more than just a QB to win in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yea, my wife is a Colts fan, so I watch/root for them on the side... it is disgusting how many years of Peyton they squandered without building a defense, and now they are doing the same with Luck, but this time no defense or O-line.

Also, @whodeawhodat FYI - I'm not married to a Pats fan. I saw you mention me and say that last week or so... never got around to replying. :)

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, my wife is a Colts fan, so I watch/root for them on the side... it is disgusting how many years of Peyton they squandered without building a defense, and now they are doing the same with Luck, but this time no defense or O-line.

Also, @whodeawhodat FYI - I'm not married to a Pats fan. I saw you mention me and say that last week or so... never got around to replying. :)

they surrounded peyton w/ SB caliber talent year in and year out, he squandered it.  his Ds were better than Brady's D's in postseason.

Just now, nyjunc said:

they surrounded peyton w/ SB caliber talent year in and year out, he squandered it.  his Ds were better than Brady's D's in postseason.

You'll have to find another putz to take the bait on this. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, my wife is a Colts fan, so I watch/root for them on the side... it is disgusting how many years of Peyton they squandered, and now they are doing the same with Luck.

Does she dress up in a Colts jersey and blue stockings for you?  I always wondered about these bi-racial relationships.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Does she dress up in a Colts jersey and blue stockings for you?  I always wondered about these bi-racial relationships.

SAR I

LOL, nah... I made it a point not to marry a rabid, full-blown football fan. She's a casual fan. This is for @whodeawhodat too: the chicks that treat their football team like a man does, are the chicks with Daddy issues... good for *******, not for marrying.

I vaguely remember him talking about going next-level with a Pats fan girlfriend. Only a good idea if she's rocking a pink hat, and would rather go apple picking on Sunday rather than watch the Pats and bitch about them not winning by enough.

If you're going to marry a chick that is a football nut, then at least marry one that roots for your team, so you are miserable together.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are a good enough putz but I guess I would need one that understands what they are watching.

I'm pretty sure I understand what I'm watching when I watch you spend 10-14 waking hours a day being wrong on the internet.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

DeMario Davis is the only one I can think of at this point.

Davis didn't get benched so much as we started rotating Henderson & Mauldin in more, and even that was typically due to going with more DBs than LBers per the gameplan. Davis still started all 16 games.

Quinton Coples is the only one I can think of that got truly benched.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm pretty sure I understand what I'm watching when I watch you spend 10-14 waking hours a day being wrong on the internet.

I'd be upset if I were you too. I liked you when you were on your meds and reasonable.

Archived