Francesa

UnitedWhofans

Francesa said something very interesting yesterday which got me thinking.

If the Jets were playing at the level they played last year, would there be much of a difference in the record?

In other words, are fans more upset at the record or the way they got there? I think it is more the latter than the former, because even at some semblance of goodness, 2-4 would have still been a distinct possibility.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Jets were playing at the level they played last year, would there be much of a difference in the record?

Yes.

If we played up to last year, we'd have defeated Cincy, defeated KC and defeated Seattle.  4-1 is where we'd be.

Give the KC game, call it just a bad one.  Still 3-2, wins vs. Cincy, Buff. and Seattle, and competitive vs. KC and Pitts.

We're not even playing at 50% of last year.  Fitz and the offense is turnover ridden sh*t, and the Defense is literally the worst.

Just now, Warfish said:

Yes.

If we played up to last year, we'd have defeated Cincy, defeated KC and defeated Seattle.  4-1 is where we'd be.

We're not even playing at 50% of last year.  Fitz and the offense is turnover ridden sh*t, and the Defense is literally the worst.

He said that Cincy could have been won, but at KC and at Pitt, no shot. Kind of iffy on Seattle at home. 

He said that if they got out of the first 6 3-3, they 'would have thrown a party"

Even more son now that Buffalo has become good. 

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In other words, are fans more upset at the record or the way they got there? I think it is more the latter than the former, because even at some semblance of goodness, 2-4 would have still been a distinct possibility.

Thanks 

Image result for popcorn pics

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've only been saying this since April.

This year's early season 1-4 Jets are the same as last year's late season 5-1 Jets just playing harder competition.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His takes were fairly common with others. Don La Greca said basically the same thing. Not angry at the actual record but how they got there.

2-4 or 1-5 was a distinct possibility

We will be 1-5 and ultimately wind up at 7-7 with the Patriots and Bills lined up at Christmas so long as the fans and media don't go nuclear after Monday and Bowles keeps the locker room intact.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We will be 1-5 and ultimately wind up at 7-7 with the Patriots and Bills lined up at Christmas so long as the fans and media don't go nuclear after Monday and Bowles keeps the locker room intact.

SAR I

WHy would they go nuclear after this game as opposed to any others?

If the Jets were playing at the level they were last year, with a red-hot red zone percentage. We'd have 3 wins.

This might be the same team as last year but we are not executing like we did last year. That's on everybody.

I am not totally in shock to be 1-4 (although I thought we'd do better) and I think we will turn it around to .500 at season's end.. but last years team was competing for the playoffs - this team isn't. That's partly due to the schedule being really top heavy and it's also due to the execution on the field/coaching.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

7-7 is a pipe dream.  Or a dream of someone on the pipe.

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

Give the KC game, call it just a bad one.  Still 3-2, wins vs. Cincy, Buff. and Seattle, and competitive vs. KC and Pitts.

Your so wrong it's scary, the Jets would never win those games with Fitztragic playing QB. 

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

yes there would be.  we'd be 3-2/4-1 instead of 1-4

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

I agree with much of this.  Minimum, 3-2. Cincy a win, Seattle a win.  

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course. Chiefs and Cincy games were ours. Couldn't score TDs against Cincy and couldnt pass to our guys against Chiefs. Outside of the Jets games, both those teams are a combined 2-5. 

There is a world of difference between 1-4 and 3-2.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I've only been saying this since April.

This year's early season 1-4 Jets are the same as last year's late season 5-1 Jets just playing harder competition.

SAR I

I often agree with you, but not this time.  The secondary is playing worse and the DL is not getting it done. 

To take an example of the most recent game, yeah I agree that Pitt is one of the tougher teams in the league.  But the OL is not particularly strong for them, what with Wilk playing opposite a 3rd stringer. I can't think of a single game last year where the DL was so ineffective, and this year all expectations were they would be better what with Williams coming on, a year older and all.

I also don't recall a TD like the one M Williams gave up in that same game in any of the losses last year.

Those to me are not cherry picked situations.  They are emblematic of the problems the D is having.  It's not all on quality of the opponent.

Archived