Poor Geno

prime21

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Geno could have had last year, had he not created a situation in which he got punched in the face

Yea missing some scrub LBs football camp because your friend was killed in a motorcycle accident is certainly creating the situation to be sucker punched.

55 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Geno could have had last year, had he not created a situation in which he got punched in the face

6 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

Yea missing some scrub LBs football camp because your friend was killed in a motorcycle accident is certainly creating the situation to be sucker punched.

Exactly, people are jackasses. 

10 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

You are 100% correct, except you are not even remotely correct.

Non payment of a debt you agreed to pay and saying what are you going to do about it or words to that effect was the reason he got punched.

11 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

It wasn't his friend it was his brothers friend and that shouldn't stop him from calling and saying I can't make it..:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are 100% correct, except you are not even remotely correct.

Non payment of a debt you agreed to pay and saying what are you going to do about it or words to that effect was the reason he got punched.

You're correct, except you are not even remotely correct.

Geno never said that he agreed to pay a debt. He specifically said that he DIDN'T have a debt to pay. 

You said he "went back on his word", please provide those words for us. 

I won't hold my breath on that though. 

15 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

A scrub LB who has numerous assault issues I can only imagine the people who would send their kids to a camp that guy was running. 

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

It wasn't his friend it was his brothers friend and that shouldn't stop him from calling and saying I can't make it..:rolleyes:

We don't know if he called or not. All we know is that he didn't make it. Semantics about who friend it was exactly is hilarious, then Geno was there to support his brother (what difference did that make?). 

Ik reacted like a criminal and to see jets fans even take such an assault lightly as well as blaming the victim in that situation says alot. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're correct, except you are not even remotely correct.

Geno never said that he agreed to pay a debt. He specifically said that he DIDN'T have a debt to pay. 

You said he "went back on his word", please provide those words for us. 

I won't hold my breath on that though. 

Are you holding your breath while not providing a credible to your claim?

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are you holding your breath while not providing a credible to your claim?

No. Because mine is easy to find. You show me where Geno said he owed this debt, said he'd pay it then decided to go back on his word then I'll show you articles to the contrary. 

How about instead of responding with words to me, just provide that link....or let's just move on from that blatant exaggeration.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We don't know if he called or not. All we know is that he didn't make it. Semantics about who friend it was exactly is hilarious, then Geno was there to support his brother (what difference did that make?). 

Ik reacted like a criminal and to see jets fans even take such an assault lightly as well as blaming the victim in that situation says alot. 

So IK said he found out he wasn't coming when he went to the airport and he wasn't on the flight but you maintain Geno called and he must have forgot??LOL

Just now, Savage69 said:

So IK said he found out he wasn't coming when he went to the airport and he wasn't on the flight but you maintain Geno called and he must have forgot??LOL

I don't maintain anything. That's the job of the guys who are glorifying assault. 

There was a death that impacted him and a close relative. WTF else is there to explain?

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I don't maintain anything. That's the job of the guys who are glorifying assault. 

There was a death that impacted him and a close relative. WTF else is there to explain?

His brothers friend was a close relative?? So that means you don't have to call a teammate to say your not coming?? And that lets you be a dick and mouth off to IK which got you punched?? Remember when Brett Favre's dad died he played and helped his team win a game and that WAS a close relative..:rolleyes:

Still plenty of weapons. The Jets lost J.Marshall and E.Decker. 

They still have Forte, Powell, Enunwa, B.Marsh and young talented WRs in Anderson and Peake. This is WAY more talent than Geno had when starting as a rookie or playing in his sophomore year. The O-line is playing considerably better than it was back then as well. 

I don't really feel sorry for Geno. Yes, he was put in a terrible position when coming out of college. Definitely needed to be better developed and surrounded by better weapons and better protection. Yes, it sucks that he was knocked out for a full season b/c of IK. And IMO Geno probably wasn't 100% right in the situation but I'm 100% sure that IK was infinitely more WRONG. I don't care what Geno did or what he owed- there is no excuse for assault.  

Having said that. Geno had a PERFECT opportunity THIS season to come in and TAKE HOLD of the starting QB gig. I was pulling for him. He simply did not show enough. He simply did not play well enough in preseason or even in camp (where he looked good for the most part). The Jets DID NOT want to re-sign Fitz for 12mil. Unlike some, I believe the Jets WANTED Geno to be their starting QB- they just did not have enough confidence in him after he was mediocre in pre-season and seemed to make some of the same mistakes he's been making his whole career. I don't buy int the whole 'Jets Brass hates Geno' and 'the team has no respect for Geno' theory. If you go out there, play well and win the team and coaches will love you for it. 

If Fitz gets hurt or the Jets decide they need to bench him for poor play. GENO's number will be called- not Petty, not Hack.  

15 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

His brothers friend was a close relative?? So that means you don't have to call a teammate to say your not coming?? And that lets you be a dick and mouth off to IK which got you punched?? Remember when Brett Favre's dad died he played and helped his team win a game and that WAS a close relative..:rolleyes:

His brother is the close relative and the friend was the impactful death. Go back and read, better yet...here. 

"There was a death that impacted him and a close relative".

Comprehend what ur reading instead of being so quick to respond in support of assault from a guy who obviously cant control himself without being violent. 

As for the mouthing off, I have no comment on that because I'm not sure if IK was verbally antagonising Geno. At the end of the day Geno kept it verbal. People finding reasons to support physical assault for a "lack of a call in the middle of a death" shows how stupid people have become in their typical Geno hatred.

It's jackassery. 

27 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The death impacted him (Geno) assuming he was friends with his brothers friend. AND it affected a close relative- hs brother (obviously). 

Geno probably shoudl have called. Geno probably shoudl have just paid the $600 or whatever. Geno definitely should not have mouthed off, etc.

But regardless of what Geno did or said, IK went completely over the line. There is ZERO excuse for assault- therefore it makes all other points moot. IK was at fault simply b/c he crossed the line- this was not self defense but a criminal act. NOBODY can argue that. Sorry. IK is lucky he is not in jail. I'm saying that in all seriousness.

Archived