Question for the "Never Geno" crowd?

drdetroit

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly this organization has decided to go with an old journeyman gypsy bum QB instead of seeing what others can do to help this team win games. 

Fitzpatrick has failed us miserably this year and any other team in the NFL would have benched him then again he wouldn't be in the NFL if it werent for the Jets. 

This response has nothing to do with this topic

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one of those who would've been fine with not signing Fitz and letting Geno and Petty battle it out in the preseason.

That being said,  I don't want to see Geno on the field in 2016. It's apparent that our front office/coaching staff has no use for the guy, and that he has no future here.

And THAT being said, it's alarming that  Petty is still only the #3QB on this team. I'm hoping that just means that they'd rather throw Geno in for mop up duty or a spur of the moment injury - rather than throw Petty out there raw - and that if they ever do decide to bench Fitz, they'd want to give Petty a full week of practice to acclimate himself with the offense.. But I'm not sure at this point whether that's just wishful thinking on my part

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What leadership skills has Ryan Fitzpatrick shown us?  

He held this team hostage this off season posting pics of playing with a Rubik's cube. 

Go look at highlight blunder reel most recently 6 INTs and many more in his 12 sh*tty years in the NFL

Geno was assaulted in the Jets locker room not his fault.

You just have your head so deeply buried in Geno's *$$ to not recognize that even with Fitz's on field performance looking like $h*t this year ... He still has the character traits that a leader of a team should have ( think how Geno acts then look 180degrees the opposite direction)

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

You just have your head so deeply buried in Geno's *$$ to not recognize that even with Fitz's on field performance looking like $h*t this year ... He still has the character traits that a leader of a team should have ( think how Geno acts then look 180degrees the opposite direction)

I thought we were in the business of trying to win football games not running a Boy Scout club

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is a moot point.  He has no future here.  The only reason he is on the team is because of his reasonable salary and experience.  Even if he plays great we are not resigning him so there is no benefit to playing him.

This. 

He had his chance last year to prove to a new regime that he could be "the guy" and he got his jaw broken by a teammate over $600.  As much as I wanted him back in there as soon as he was healthy, I knew it was never going to happen. There is no future for him here with the playoffs essentially out of the picture.  His attitude with social media and play in the pre-season/off-season hasn't helped either.  It's time to move on. 

14 minutes ago, ljr said:

My head isn't buried in anyone ass I've said all along anyone but Fitzpatrick pay attention or shut up. 

5 other teams tried him and we are the his 6th in his illustrious 12 year NFL career. 

You like men with beards huh? 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My head isn't buried in anyone ass I've said all along anyone but Fitzpatrick pay attention or shut up. 

5 other teams tried him and we are the his 6th in his illustrious 12 year NFL career. 

You like men with beards huh? 

Fitz was brought in to be our backup last season. We literally traded for him to sit behind Geno but Geno was stupid, got hurt because he was stupid and Fitz took over. Fitz threw 31 TDs for us and kept/earned the starting job. Fitz did not have that success on his other teams but he had the success with this one. He is playing poorly this season but he is still probably the best QB on our roster and i will continue believing that until someone else gets swapped in.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL the same Brandon Marshall who was all Geno Smith that same flip flopper guy LOL 

That's right. The same one who was being roundly quoted by your lot before he "flopped" to Fitzpatrick

Brandon is a complete whore who will say anything at any time if he thinks it will result in more targets for him personally.

I think he could improve but I do not think he is entitled to start or that starting in games is necessary for the decision-makers to determine whether he has improved enough to take back the reins of the offense. 

I do not believe he has shown enough on or off the field to believe he has risen to the level of successfully leading our offense any time in the near future. I would rather the team focus on finding somebody who will be capable. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yep. Look Ryan Fitzpatrick may suck as a QB. But he is a leader of men. Brandon Marshall, at 1-3, is saying "I will go down with this guy."

Who really cares if someone is "going down with a guy?"

I've been in the military, where everyone has a role and where executing your job is of the utmost importance. Personally, I didn't need to love, respect, like, hate, disrespect, give a sh1t about anyone. I just had to do my job. I'm sure there were people who liked me and those that didn't. In the end, it didn't matter.

And I think that's exactly the issue with this Fitzpatrick/Marshall [seeming] bromance. Together, they've won ZERO playoff games. Together, their stats are meh (Marshall's are good, Fitz's are bad). So, what real difference does it make?

And WOW, you guys are STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?!

I don't deny the proposition that he could improve.

I deny the argument, made by many here, that he has improved. Or that he'll automatically upgrades via the "weaponz". 

So, by disagreeing with the latter arguments, it leads me to a series of questions: 

How much do I think Geno can improve? Not much.

How quickly do I think Geno can improve? Not very.

How long does the team commit to helping him improve beyond the several seasons he's been here? Not at all.

I don't see his ceiling as being worth the investment of time it would take to continue "developing him while he starts". So, it's better to accept that he's a #2 QB, and go find a #1.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Why do u believe so passionately there is no way he could ever improve?

Straw man argument.

I don't believe he has improved.  This is based on his play in preseason, Bowles/Chan's lack of playing him in place of Fitz this season (to start), lack of replacing Fitz with him mid-season (especially after the 6 INT game), and his IMO Immature and selfish behaviors on Social Media. 

He "could" improve.  Anyone can improve.  I simply see nothing about him, on field or off, that would indicate to me that he has improved or matured.

He is a bust player in the final year of his deal.  He is not part of our future.

He's on the team as serious injury insurance, nothing more.  I believe when the time comes, Petty should get his chance to start in place of Fitz.  Petty may (or may not) have a future.

If our season is lost, the ebst thing we can do as an organization is determine if Petty is worth keeping/starting or not.  That, more than anything else, is our biggest decision in the next off-season, who is our QB.  Petty?  Hack?  A draft Pick?  Another recycled journeyman Veteran?  

What I know is this, it won't be Geno Smith.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Why do u believe so passionately there is no way he could ever improve?

Even with Decker out Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson and Peake is a way better group of receivers than what he had in '13-'14

I thought there was no way he'd improve because of how we saw him panic under pressure in Oakland last season.  Sure, if he plays with the greatest O-line ever assembled, that won't be an issue, and he might be solid.  Problem is, Jets don't have that now or any time soon.

I was 100% open to a QB competition coming in to this season and was very critical of Bowles for naming Fitz the starter after Buffalo game.

The team's actions have told me that they too feel as though he has no value as an NFL QB and his recent use of social media to antagonize/celebrate Jets losses tells me he's no more mature than he was when he got beaten up for not only refusing to pay a debt, but following up by taunting the guy he refused to pay.  He's still the same guy IMO.

I hoped he'd be given a chance to compete and prove everybody wrong.  The Jets and their FO saw every single throw he made all of last season and the entire offseason.  That was enough to make them pay Ryan Fitzpatrick $12 million to avoid having to play Geno while leaving him on the bench in a game that saw Ryan Fitzpatrick throw six interceptions that could have easily been 10 interceptions.

Bottom line, I didn't think he was good but was still hoping he'd be given a shot to prove me wrong.  Once the FO showed us by their actions that they had no faith in him either, I was ready to move on.

Petty time.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I thought there was no way he'd improve because of how we saw him panic under pressure in Oakland last season.  Sure, if he plays with the greatest O-line ever assembled, that won't be an issue, and he might be solid.  Problem is, Jets don't have that now or any time soon.

I was 100% open to a QB competition coming in to this season and was very critical of Bowles for naming Fitz the starter after Buffalo game.

The team's actions have told me that they too feel as though he has no value as an NFL QB and his recent use of social media to antagonize/celebrate Jets losses tells me he's no more mature than he was when he got beaten up for not only refusing to pay a debt, but following up by taunting the guy he refused to pay.  He's still the same guy IMO.

I hoped he'd be given a chance to compete and prove everybody wrong.  The Jets and their FO saw every single throw he made all of last season and the entire offseason.  That was enough to make them pay Ryan Fitzpatrick $12 million to avoid having to play Geno while leaving him on the bench in a game that saw Ryan Fitzpatrick throw six interceptions that could have easily been 10 interceptions.

Bottom line, I didn't think he was good but was still hoping he'd be given a shot to prove me wrong.  Once the FO showed us by their actions that they had no faith in him either, I was ready to move on.

Petty time.

Geno wasnt bad in that game our defense got lit up like a Christmas tree

Just now, drdetroit said:

Geno wasnt bad in that game our defense got lit up like a Christmas tree

You have your opinion and I have mine.  They are different.  Geno is a free agent in a few months.  Petty is not.

Ready for Petty.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

That's right. The same one who was being roundly quoted by your lot before he "flopped" to Fitzpatrick

Brandon is a complete whore who will say anything at any time if he thinks it will result in more targets for him personally.

Y'know who is Marshall's favorite qb?  Whoever is under center 

6 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Yeah, whatever.

Are you familiar with the phrase "useless eater"?

It was coined by Henry Kissinger in the '70s to describe a person who consumes resources, yet contributes nothing to society.

It describes Geno Smith to a tee.

I know that guy. The same Henry Kissinger that said...and I quote, "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy". 

Would you sit here and say that describes military men to a tee?

Don't be that guy. I read. 

I know that guy. The same Henry Kissinger that said...and I quote, "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy". 
Would you sit here and say that describes military men to a tee?
Don't be that guy. I read. 

Geno Smith wouldn't last a week in the military.

Archived