Question for the "Never Geno" crowd?

drdetroit

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Excuse me?

I know exactly who I'm quoting.

Your hero Geno is a useless bag of sh*t.

Deflect it any way you want. It's still true.

Deflect? Do you not know how to "read"?

I asked you a question and you "deflected" by talking about Geno and the service. 

I put you in a box with your own quote. It's cool, it's what I expected.

You have the floor, your response isn't worth "reading" anyway. 

He doesn't have the respect of the coaching staff, front office, or teammates. I just don't understand why the hell the fan base cannot understand.
But maybe it's not Geno, it's everyone else.

Exactly.

These losers will continue to defend their hero, Geno. It's just the way they've been programmed.

Sad.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

You have your opinion and I have mine.  They are different.  Geno is a free agent in a few months.  Petty is not.

Ready for Petty.

Fitz ia a free agent in a few months and he's being allowed to kill our season - why not Geno . I would be ok with Petty but I'd want to know he's perfectly healed from whatever his "non serious"  injury was. 

5 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Why do u believe so passionately there is no way he could ever improve?

Even with Decker out Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson and Peake is a way better group of receivers than what he had in '13-'14

I think we've been over this. You can see he is visibly scared to death every time he takes a snap. Whatever chance he had has been beaten out of him.

It's remarkable how much someone's desired outcome can effect what he actually believes to be true. I guess that's why they do double blind studies.  

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Fitz ia a free agent in a few months and he's being allowed to kill our season - why not Geno . I would be ok with Petty but I'd want to know he's perfectly healed from whatever his "non serious"  injury was. 

Exactly. Geno being gone after the season has nothing to do WITH the season. Fitz will be gone as well, doesn't make it okay to perform like this without accountability. 

Guys come and go every season, it shouldn't be okay to let them play like crap or to just keep them on the bench because they're gone next year. 

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

At the end of the day, should we REALLY be that concerned with which of the two pathetic QB's ruins our season?  Should it be the one who wants to win, or the one who goes on social media to ask his fans to respond to his sadness over not playing?  As I said, he's the same immature little kid who got himself beaten up in his own locker room.

Petty time.

So let tell you as someone who has followed this team for 50 years what is going to happen.

Geno finally gets in around game 8 and to everyone's utter surprise Geno has become the QB we had all hoped to see. He wins out beating the Pats, Fins twice and the Bills at the end.
Suddenly he has tons of believers, even those who spend the last 3 years calling him a piece of crap and other vile comments. The offseason board is alive with posts about the absolute need of resigning Geno.
Yet, Geno is now being pursued by three other teams offering him much larger contracts. Geno chooses to leave NY in hopes of a new start without the drama he has dealt with for the last 2 years.
The fan base once again begins to throw him under the bus and say his improvement was only the result of the soft part of the schedule and all in all he still really sucks
Petty is them held high as the true heir apparent and the QB everyone really wanted in the first place. Besides Hack has made huge strides and now we will have two young QBs so who needed Geno anyway.

Jets luck.
Geno goes on to have a great career aka Farve , spends many years enjoying win after win each time he faces the Jets. Petty and Hack both turn out to be bust and, because the Jets felt they had there franchise QBs already on the roster, they past on three immediate starters in the drafts , who become long term franchise QB for there teams.
Jets Curse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

At the end of the day, should we REALLY be that concerned with which of the two pathetic QB's ruins our season?  Should it be the one who wants to win, or the one who goes on social media to ask his fans to respond to his sadness over not playing?  As I said, he's the same immature little kid who got himself beaten up in his own locker room.

Petty time.

And if Petty is not fully healed from whatever he had wrong with his shoulder , it would be crazy to risk him when Geno is fully healthy and capable of doing at least as good as Fitz has performed. And the notion that Geno doesn't want to win is laughable. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The funny thing is I think some people hate geno so bad, they are going to actual be miserable if he comes in and does considerately better than fitz..

Agree instead of putting the team first. Me personally I gave Fitzpatrick a chance I follow football and knew what he was all about prior to signing with the Jets my anger and frustration comes from the Jets believing he was any good and the fans who seem to admire him so much for the person he is but not the terrible football player that he really is. 

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

He doesn't have the respect of the coaching staff, front office, or teammates. I just don't understand why the hell the fan base cannot understand.

But maybe it's not Geno, it's everyone else.

Hmmm... narcissists often think the problem isn't them, but everyone else. I wonder if the prerequisite for being suffering from GED (Geno Effective Disorder, yes, I'm trying to make this a thing) is projecting the narcissistic world view onto Geno's "circumstance"?

52 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Typical troll. Almost never participates in anything else on this board, only makes ridiculous Geno comments. 

Good news is, if Geno is gone after this season, so will the trolls. 

He's not a troll. He's just a moron. 

You know that last sentence is not true. Come on now. :)

48 minutes ago, fltflo said:

So let tell you as someone who has followed this team for 50 years what is going to happen.

Geno finally gets in around game 8 and to everyone's utter surprise Geno has become the QB we had all hoped to see. He wins out beating the Pats, Fins twice and the Bills at the end.
Suddenly he has tons of believers, even those who spend the last 3 years calling him a piece of crap and other vile comments. The offseason board is alive with posts about the absolute need of resigning Geno.
Yet, Geno is now being pursued by three other teams offering him much larger contracts. Geno chooses to leave NY in hopes of a new start without the drama he has dealt with for the last 2 years.
The fan base once again begins to throw him under the bus and say his improvement was only the result of the soft part of the schedule and all in all he still really sucks
Petty is them held high as the true heir apparent and the QB everyone really wanted in the first place. Besides Hack has made huge strides and now we will have two young QBs so who needed Geno anyway.

Jets luck.
Geno goes on to have a great career aka Farve , spends many years enjoying win after win each time he faces the Jets. Petty and Hack both turn out to be bust and, because the Jets felt they had there franchise QBs already on the roster, they past on three immediate starters in the drafts , who become long term franchise QB for there teams.
Jets Curse.

You mean like Clemmens, Ratliff, and Sanchez. All those players that we gave up on that went on to be superstars. Yeah this happens to us all the time. She old Jets

23 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The funny thing is I think some people hate geno so bad, they are going to actual be miserable if he comes in and does considerately better than fitz..

We all rooted for him. I got my girl a Geno jersey. It sits in the closet. I'd love for her to be able to wear it safely. It's not Geno we hate it's the Geno fans that will not stop. 

Most of us have eyes though, and have actually watched Geno play. We've watched him go from quiet, and reserved to antisocial and repressed...and that's on the field.

Tough to be a good QB when you can't communicate and have no confidence. 

6 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Right wrong or indifferent Geno has no future on this team, therefore no reason to be playing. I'm expecting Petty to start against BAL.

I absolutely agree, no reason to waste valuable real game experience on someone else's future player

59 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And if Petty is not fully healed from whatever he had wrong with his shoulder , it would be crazy to risk him when Geno is fully healthy and capable of doing at least as good as Fitz has performed. And the notion that Geno doesn't want to win is laughable. 

He's a full go at practice now.  He's fine.

Petty time.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Come on, it's fun mocking Geno fans, it's amazing the 6 of them even exist. 

SAR I

Actually mocking Fitzpatrick and his believers is so much better because Fitzpatrick is proving us right on the field each game. 

Geno who?  He is no part of this dismal football season. 

joewilly12

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He's not a troll. He's just a moron. 

You know that last sentence is not true. Come on now. :)

As if anyone would endure multiple years of the worst QB in the NFL, only to leave once he's gone...LOL

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually mocking Fitzpatrick and his believers is so much better because Fitzpatrick is proving us right on the field each game.

joewilly12

There are no Fitzpatrick believers.  

He's a journeyman who is on our team only because Geno Smith busted. 

SAR I

56 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don't think there is one poster on this board who hates/hated Geno per se, and want(ed) him to fail here. You could not call yourself a fan if you want the most important position player on your offense to fail, that supposition is ridiculous. As for me, I rooted for Geno to succeed, I wanted him to be our guy but as the games played out it became obvious he was not capable of moving the football consistently and became a turnover machine like we have now. Add in his boxing skills, or, lack thereof LOL, and you basically have worn your welcome out within the organization. My opinion is there is no point in playing Geno now because there is no way he will be here next season. We need to get Petty and Hack into these preseason regular season games starting Tuesday morning when we are 1-5. These preseason regular season games that mean nothing to us as far as playoffs are a great opportunity for 2 young QB's to gain experience, and show what they can do in a real game. If we win some games we may have found a QB, conversely, the more games we lose, the better our draft position becomes. Winning games with Geno Smith playing QB is totally counterproductive to our future, as stupid as that sounds.

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yep. Look Ryan Fitzpatrick may suck as a QB. But he is a leader of men. Brandon Marshall, at 1-3, is saying "I will go down with this guy."

That is good that he feels that way, because that is exactly where Fitzpatrick will take him.

I love Marshall but he has never been to the playoffs. Neither has Fitzpatrick. Marhsall deserves better.

Archived