Most frustrating thing about watching football yesterday

AFJF

With the Jets being off, I only watched 30 minutes of football yesterday before going out with the wife and kids for some quality time.

Being north of Philly, that was the local game and I was looking forward to watching it for one reason.  I knew the Eagles would be starting a back-up RT, like so many of the back-up linemen the Jets have faced this season.  I wanted to see if I was being unreasonable in expecting the Jets D-line to make a play against other teams' back-ups or if some players actually take advantage of those types of things.

On the first play of the game, Ryan Kerrigan obliterated the guy and nearly ripped Carson Wentz' Jersey off...the thing was literally tattered and hanging off of one shoulder. two plays later, same exact thing.  Almost untouched by the OT, Kerrigan got a sack of Wentz.  

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how Mo Wilk is being absolutely dominated by no-name back-ups.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

With the Jets being off, I only watched 30 minutes of football yesterday before going out with the wife and kids for some quality time.

Being north of Philly, that was the local game and I was looking forward to watching it for one reason.  I knew the Eagles would be starting a back-up RT, like so many of the back-up linemen the Jets have faced this season.  I wanted to see if I was being unreasonable in expecting the Jets D-line to make a play against other teams' back-ups or if some players actually take advantage of those types of things.

On the first play of the game, Ryan Kerrigan obliterated the guy and nearly ripped Carson Wentz' Jersey off...the thing was literally tattered and hanging off of one shoulder. two plays later, same exact thing.  Almost untouched by the OT, Kerrigan got a sack of Wentz.  

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how Mo Wilk is being absolutely dominated by no-name back-ups.

I live in the same area and watched the same game and thought the same thing....I was thinking, wow - this is what someone looks like that dominates a game...whose presence makes an clear and obvious impact on a game.

We don't have that - Mo isn't that guy, Sheldon isn't that guy and Williams has yet to show that as well.  Revis used to be..but we let him walk in his prime.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I live in the same area and watched the same game and thought the same thing....I was thinking, wow - this is what someone looks like that dominates a game...whose presence makes an clear and obvious impact on a game.

We don't have that - Mo isn't that guy, Sheldon isn't that guy and Williams has yet to show that as well.  Revis used to be..but we let him walk in his prime.

I think Sheldon would be that guy if he wasn't playing OLB.  

Lets call it like we see it. Once Mo got the $$ he stopped playing .. Think of how great the NFL (and all sports) would be if these player salaries were performance dependent, say like us average slobs who work for a living. You throw 6 INTS, you do not get paid, you go 6 games without touching the opposing QB, you do not get paid.

I guarantee the quality of play would improve 100% if this were the case.

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Lets call it like we see it. Once Mo got the $$ he stopped playing .. Think of how great the NFL (and all sports) would be if these player salaries were performance dependent, say like us average slobs who work for a living. You throw 6 INTS, you do not get paid, you go 6 games without touching the opposing QB, you do not get paid.

I guarantee the quality of play would improve 100% if this were the case.

I get the sense we're getting the same level of effort from Revis too.  He knows he's on his last big contract, made enough money and is just going through the motions at this point.

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

It was more frustrating having everyone else in the AFC East win thus even if the Jets win tonight...they're still last in the AFC East..

I don't see that changing at any point this season.  31st in pass defense and what, 35th in scoring offense?

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That reeeeaaaaaaaly sucks....

35 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Because he only plays full speed when he wants to. It was his knock coming out of Temple.

Coples 2.0?

Seriously, is that attitude something Rex sought out? Holmes? Braylon? Coples? The list goes on... 

43 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because he got paid. No need to bust his ass anymore. 

Bowles just sux, period. Sorry, I don't understand why he is in a sophomore slump.  It's not like the league went to school on the new guy.  He's been calling it on defense for a while now.  Why is this the sort of thing the Jets always get?  A bit of the good followed my a whole hell of a lot of the bad?  I just don't know what to make of this franchise, and please, it's not Woody.  Woody doesn't mind spending but it seems he never gets any bang for his buck.    

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Check cleared..... no reason to do more.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

mo got his big deal in between week 1 and week 2 ?

You said the same thing happened to the whole line after week one.  I thought you were on the subject of Mo's decreased production which hasn't been an issue for Leo.  My apologies if you meant something else.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You said the same thing happened to the whole line after week one.  I thought you were on the subject of Mo's decreased production which hasn't been an issue for Leo.  My apologies if you meant something else.

so what has Leo done ?  1 sack since week 1 ?

the brilliant analysis in this thread is he got paid and got lazy and I am wondering when he got paid and what happened to the rest of the line (which is more than Leo btw)

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

I think Sheldon would be that guy if he wasn't playing OLB.  

Sheldon would cause the most havoc if he lined up inside.  Shame he is a douche off the field, and the Jets will most likely trade him this offseason. 

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

so what has Leo done ?  1 sack since week 1 ?

the brilliant analysis in this thread is he got paid and got lazy and I am wondering when he got paid and what happened to the rest of the line (which is more than Leo btw)

He's had at least a 1/2 sack every week except Buffalo.  2 1/2 sacks with a forced fumble in 4 games...that's double-digit sack production over the course of a season.

Just now, AFJF said:

He's had at least a 1/2 sack every week except Buffalo.  2 1/2 sacks with a forced fumble in 4 games...that's double-digit sack production over the course of a season.

you know they only count if its the 4th quarter of a close game, right?

still doesn't explain how mo got paid and lazy after week 1 tho

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sheldon would cause the most havoc if he lined up inside.  Shame he is a douche off the field, and the Jets will most likely trade him this offseason. 

Yes he would, which only makes the defensive struggles that much more frustrating.

They could trade him, but what would his market value be at this point.

Former 1st round pick who wins DROY, and the Jets may have turned him in to a guy who they can get a 3rd rounder for.

SMH

Archived