MNF

whodeawhodat

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Prime time games these past couple of weeks have been so awful, no wonder ratings are down for prime time games. 

Just to add to this, we're looking at Jax and Tennessee on Thursday lol

If you weren't a Jets fan, and be honest, would you rather watch Jax-Tennessee or Jets- Cleveland?

Just now, RSJ said:

We will see - but I don't think Bill O'Brien wanted Brock. The GM did.

was just about to say that Rick Smith has been there forever and just re-upped to 2020. Paying their QB a couple more mill for a couple more years than we are. He cant be happy about that.

2 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

Wasn't the owner pushing hard for him also?

Yeah, O'Brien didn't even meet with Brock if I remember correctly. Also after selecting Hack, Mac was asked about O'Brien not picking him and Mac said something like he respects Bill and wants to "keep it professional" I kind of read it as O'Brien would have loved to have him - but Rick Smith is an idiot.

9 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Jets should have done what Denver before the season , get rid of the dead weight(Sanchez ,Fitz,Geno) and let the young guy play.

there is no force in the world that would convince me that Siemian is better then Petty

Two completely different teams...Denver has an awesome defense - they WON a Super Bowl with a QB that had 9 TD's and 17 INT's last season, and 0 TD's and 2 INT's in the big game! They also ran the ball for 190+'yard tonight. This is a great situation for a young QB. The Jets...not so much!

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

was just about to say that Rick Smith has been there forever and just re-upped to 2020. Paying their QB a couple more mill for a couple more years than we are. He cant be happy about that.

Yeah, it was a big surprise that he got a contract extension because he has had many questionable moves and its even been reported him and O'Brien dont see eye to eye.

11 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I know music is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but f*ck, Gruden just put Tesla and The Rolling Stones in the same category. Whatever, it's not a big deal, but it really bothered me. Had to vent somewhere. Much obliged. 

totally not fair to Tesla :-)

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

This Brock kid is seriously terrible. I challenge anyone to name me 3 starting QBs in this league today that you would rather have than him. 

Hes a bottom 3 QB getting paid a sh*t load of money. Straight robbery! 

Certainly helps put the $12M to Fitz in perspective.  And they gave Osweiler a 4-year deal.  With $37M guaranteed. 

12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I know music is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but f*ck, Gruden just put Tesla and The Rolling Stones in the same category. Whatever, it's not a big deal, but it really bothered me. Had to vent somewhere. Much obliged. 

Yea, the Stones are clearly more Toyota than Tesla.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Certainly helps put the $12M to Fitz in perspective.  And they gave Osweiler a 4-year deal.  With $37M guaranteed. 

Fitz's contract was in perspective the moment Mac held his ground at 1 year $12m. He's getting paid like the 28th best QB in the league. Seems legit to me.

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Fitz's contract was in perspective the moment Mac held his ground at 1 year $12m. He's getting paid like the 28th best QB in the league. Seems legit to me.

When you compare him to starting QBs then yes.  Doesn't really matter.  Got bigger problems than that. 

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When you compare him to starting QBs then yes.  Doesn't really matter.  Got bigger problems than that. 

Indeed.  Like our defensive-minded HC who can't coach defense despite 1st round talent all over the field.  Or our GM who probably can't find a QB (jury's still out but it's not looking great). 

Fitz deserves plenty of blame for this season but certainly not all of it.  Let's hope by some miracle that Petty and/or Hack are the real deal or our franchise is basically f*cked, again. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed.  Like our defensive-minded HC who can't coach defense despite 1st round talent all over the field.  Or our GM who probably can't find a QB (jury's still out but it's not looking great). 

Fitz deserves plenty of blame for this season but certainly not all of it.  Let's hope by some miracle that Petty and/or Hack are the real deal or our franchise is basically f*cked, again. 

At least we should have more insight into our QB position come the end of the season.  Petty should get a ton of work this year in live action.  We will still need a 3rd QB on our roster next year so how Petty does with these weaponz will be related to where, not so much if, we draft/trade or FA a QB for that 3 of 3 QB.

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm still struggling with what pisses me off more.  Fitz acting like he has no idea he sucks or the management ignoring the fact that  last year was clearly the exception and not the rule.  

8 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

At least we should have more insight into our QB position come the end of the season.  Petty should get a ton of work this year in live action.  We will still need a 3rd QB on our roster next year so how Petty does with these weaponz will be related to where, not so much if, we draft/trade or FA a QB for that 3 of 3 QB.

The silver lining to Geno's injury is that it reduces our QB roster to three which means hopefully Petty and/or Hack are going to at least get some starter reps in practice as the backup instead of splitting the reps between two guys who won't be on the roster next year.

19 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The silver lining to Geno's injury is that it reduces our QB roster to three which means hopefully Petty and/or Hack are going to at least get some starter reps in practice as the backup instead of splitting the reps between two guys who won't be on the roster next year.

There is no silver lining when any player suffers a season ending possibly career ending injury.

The QB situation here is the fault of the GM and head coach no one else.

Petty I presume is more injured than a bruised shoulder and Hack must be really bad as other rookies drafted after him are already playing in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

There is no silver lining when any player suffers a season ending possibly career ending injury.

The QB situation here is the fault of the GM and head coach no one else.

Petty I presume is more injured than a bruised shoulder and Hack must be really bad as other rookies drafted after him are already playing in the NFL. 

The QB "situation" is in part on the Qbs imo.  If Fitz doesnt forget how to throw a football and Geno ever learned to get rid of the ball and quit taking unnecessary hits we might not be up the creek right now. 

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

The QB "situation" is in part on the Qbs imo.  If Fitz doesnt forget how to throw a football and Geno ever learned to get rid of the ball and quit taking unnecessary hits we might not be up the creek right now. 

Management chose them both to be here. 

Our draft scouts have been terrible for years we lead the league in 1st round draft pick busts. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Management chose them both to be here. 

Our draft scouts have been terrible for years we lead the league in 1st round draft pick busts. 

We have new draft scouts now, our GM is a former scout.  need to give them a chance to restock the cupboards with young talent. Young QB talent is the most rare.

31 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Agree. This will accelerate the process for both. Someone will be involved with the game plan and getting reps with the ones as the backup, the other will be getting all the scout team reps.

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you cannot parse out the difference between sympathizing with Geno's plight as a result of the injury from how the team moves forward in light of the injury then you are either clouded by your personal feelings for Geno/against Fitz/against anybody who wasn't against Fitz or you are willfully ignorant.

6 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

If you cannot parse out the difference between sympathizing with Geno's plight as a result of the injury from how the team moves forward in light of the injury then you are either clouded by your personal feelings for Geno/against Fitz/against anybody who wasn't against Fitz or you are willfully ignorant.

Moving forward with a journeyman gypsy bum who was benched a week earlier who leads the league in INT's that isn't moving forward. 

Moving forward would be starting a rookie QB 

Mr. Negative rep man/woman. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Moving forward with a journeyman gypsy bum who was benched a week earlier who leads the league in INT's that isn't moving forward. 

Moving forward would be starting a rookie QB 

Mr. Negative rep man/woman. 

None of this is responsive to what I said but does a great job proving my point.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

None of this is responsive to what I said but does a great job proving my point.

Moving forward I dont care what you're opinions are my experience with you who today comes out of his/her shell is a person who sits back and negative reps others and offers little or nothing of substance to any thread. 

My point proven. 

Archived