Fire Bowles: MERGED

choon328

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowles should not be fired, but he absolutely needs to be on notice. Players missing meetings, terrible clock management..... there are disturbing signs for sure. I don't expect a lot of wins, I said this was a 6-8 win team to start. But clock management and situational awareness is awful right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Would agree with this. Bowles needs to stop punting down points with less than 3 minutes to go in games though.

The roster does blow. Mo and Sheldon being morons/immature isnt Bowles' fault. Mo's going to play because of the contract unfortunately.

Yeah but before he gets to the punt, he needs to coach his team that when trailing you need to preserve as much clock as possible. Fitz was taking the play clock down to within 5 seconds and we were losing and then they run the ball twice  - its infuriating.

18 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Bowles should not be fired, but he absolutely needs to be on notice. Players missing meetings, terrible clock management..... there are disturbing signs for sure. I don't expect a lot of wins, I said this was a 6-8 win team to start. But clock management and situational awareness is awful right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope fired Woody needs to send a message to the next and guy and the guy after him.

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I don't think that it is a circus but there are real problems here.

And I actually believe that it starts with the QB Fitz.  You can't have a player who is playing poorly claim in any fashion that he is somehow being picked upon when his playing time is reduced. Fitz statement hurt the team IMO.

Guys starting saying "well if he isn't going to be accountable why should I be."  And yes that is stupid, especially when you are a professional but is how people think. 

Fitz is in the other players reference group and they compare themselves to his behavior for good or ill and him getting playing time with a poor play hurts the team.

that's right.  bowles thought he was preserving his rep in the lockerroom by sticking by the veteran, when i imagine most of the offense would rather open it up with petty.  

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

yes u can keep making changes-no reason to get stuck with awful just because awful is new-what we need to do is hire proven guys -back up the brinks truck and pay them-we go with unproven or bad guys and then want to stick with them to "give them a chance" when your eyes tell you you are watching hot garbage

so the question is then which is the real Bowles last year or this year. Or is he somewhere in-between? To me he issue is this year is the d-coordinator he has failed and then Bowles as well failed to make the needed adjustments on defense.

I am not happy either but it took years to gt to this point and it will take more then two drafts to fix this

21 minutes ago, rammagen said:

so the question is then which is the real Bowles last year or this year. Or is he somewhere in-between? To me he issue is this year is the d-coordinator he has failed and then Bowles as well failed to make the needed adjustments on defense.

I am not happy either but it took years to gt to this point and it will take more then two drafts to fix this

2015 we won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL anyone could have done that a much better coach and QB would have gotten us in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Would agree with this. Bowles needs to stop punting down points with less than 3 minutes to go in games though.

The roster does blow. Mo and Sheldon being morons/immature isnt Bowles' fault. Mo's going to play because of the contract unfortunately.

Honestly Matt I think Bowles is losing this team and I think he's losing it in a big way.

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I don't think that it is a circus but there are real problems here.

And I actually believe that it starts with the QB Fitz.  You can't have a player who is playing poorly claim in any fashion that he is somehow being picked upon when his playing time is reduced. Fitz statement hurt the team IMO.

Guys starting saying "well if he isn't going to be accountable why should I be."  And yes that is stupid, especially when you are a professional but is how people think. 

Fitz is in the other players reference group and they compare themselves to his behavior for good or ill and him getting playing time with a poor play hurts the team.

they are professionals because they get paid for what they do.  they are not doctors and lawyers.  Many of them are just roided up children.  The others have been creatures of privilege throughout their football careers.  This is why, and it pains me to say it, you have to admire the professionalism of teams like the pats.  They are all business.  And they are run like a business.  We are run like a frat.

Mac will fire him after this cesspool like season is over which will buy Mac another 2-3 years before he gets jettisoned.

We went to one game this year. Watched them roll over and go belly up. We usually go to 2 or 3.  I will continue to watch on TV but I am not going back to the Met again until they can field a professional team.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He's a clueless moron who doesn't seem to have his team prepared week after week and he certainly cannot adjust during a game. His putrid 3-6 record says so against real teams in the NFL. 

Can't adjust?  Do you whiners actually watch the games or do you just pull cliches out of your butt.  He's made big changes from week to weeks, from first half  to second.  You're just so busy bitching that you're clueless to changed.  It's amazing to read these posts

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Can't adjust?  Do you whiners actually watch the games or do you just pull cliches out of your butt.  He's made big changes from week to weeks, from first half  to second.  You're just so busy bitching that you're clueless to changed.  It's amazing to read these posts

Not enough adjustments to shake off not scoring in the red zone or not enough adjustments to win games we are 3-6. 

Fact not a whiner and certainly not clueless. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Another miss use of straw man arguments.  He's not a bad coach.  He makes decisions from time to time that maybe aren't the best after the fact.  That could have cost us.  Guess what?  So does every HC in the NFL.  Amazing how smart every fan thinks he is after the fact.  

I asked someone else.  Give me all the mistakes that cost us games.  When there's a long enough list you have a point.  When you can't come up with a game that you know was lost on a mistake you're talking out of your ass, looking for a single person to blame.  It's easier than actually having to understand the game

I like the last little jab you added there. I'm an OC, so I'd better hope I understand the game.

3 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Just wondering

Is there anything about or any active player, coach or manager on the Jets that you like?

Im a longtime diehard fan I see a team in distress.  Im a fan of all the players in a Jets uniform every game. I like all players especially those that do good. Are you still with me I'm trying to be simple so you understand.  

What do you like about the Jets?  

Anita Marks was at Wilkerson's fundraiser a few weeks back and asked if any players would show up. Wilk's team said they didn't know because the locker room is a mess.

Sheldon and Wilkerson obviously have a problem with the way Bowles is using them. Seriously, we have the best defensive line in football and we can't get to the QB. Think about that. 

I can't wait until Bowles and Fitz are gone and we can flush the Toilet Bowles.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not enough adjustments to shake off not scoring in the red zone or not enough adjustments to win games we are 3-6. 

Fact not a whiner and certainly not clueless. 

We suck in the red zone, for sure.  Has nothing to do with adjustments.  

So you just went from he makes no adjustments to he doesn't make enough.  That was quick.  

Fact is you do nothing other than whine.  Incessantly without thought or alternatives.  You take the easy, mindless way out.  You use the word suck as if you're paid to say it.   It's what you do.   

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We suck in the red zone, for sure.  Has nothing to do with adjustments.  

So you just went from he makes no adjustments to he doesn't make enough.  That was quick.  

Fact is you do nothing other than whine.  Incessantly without thought or alternatives.  You take the easy, mindless way out.  You use the word suck as if you're paid to say it.   It's what you do.   

Dude go away show me adjustments during the game that change the outcome..... show me a team thats poorly coached and thats the NY Jets.....why defend a 3-6 team and a coach who has lost this team on and off the field. 

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Anita Marks was at Wilkerson's fundraiser a few weeks back and asked if any players would show up. Wilk's team said they didn't know because the locker room is a mess.

Sheldon and Wilkerson obviously have a problem with the way Bowles is using them. Seriously, we have the best defensive line in football and we can't get to the QB. Think about that. 

I can't wait until Bowles and Fitz are gone and we can flush the Toilet Bowles.

Bowles is lining up Wilkerson on the line. Williams is playing better than Sheldon. Not sure what the issue is.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude go away show me adjustments during the game that change the outcome..... show me a team thats poorly coached and thats the NY Jets.....why defend a 3-6 team and a coach who has lost this team on and off the field. 

So to you the definition of an adjustment is a move that

1. Is simplistic enough for even you to recognize

2. Works

As I said, you wouldn't recognize an adjustment if it smacked you in the face.  He's switched styles fairly drastically from game to game, first half to second.  But how would you know?  You're to busy whining about SOJ and everyone that sucks 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Domto you the definition of an adjustment is a move that

1. Is simplistic enough for you to recognize

2. Works

As I said, you wouldn't recognize an adjustment if it smacked you in the face.  He's switched styles fairly drastically from game to game, first half to second.  But how would you know?  You're to busy whining about SOJ and everyone that sucks 

The switches he made were irrelevant to the outcome of the games. He had no choice but to adjust player personnel as players were injured an inactive. He has done noting that would require a brain and nothing that a real NFL head coach would do to better his team. 

How do you like his Brillo beard? 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The switches he made were irrelevant to the outcome of the games. He had no choice but to adjust player personnel as players were injured an inactive. He has done noting that would require a brain and nothing that a real NFL head coach would do to better his team. 

How do you like his Brillo beard? 

This is what's clueless.  

Heres the last 5 minutes fro you:

1. Bowles makes no adjustments

2. His adjustments don't work

3. His adjustments are irrelevant because it doesn't require a brain to make them.

4. You think his beard is relevant.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2015 we won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL anyone could have done that a much better coach and QB would have gotten us in the playoffs. 

all I am saying it is easier said then done esp with hindsight on our side, with the team lacking depth in key spots, namely qb and lber. who was available that was better last yr? This yr Mac rolled the dice with the qb again and it failed. it looked like thyey tried to catch lighting twice. they had a chance to try to get another journey man and they did not. I think they should have moved on from Geno 2 yrs ago and gambled on Petty. We need to know what we have there. it is obvious to everyone but the CS that we are not making the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is what's clueless.  

Heres the last 5 minutes fro you:

1. Bowles makes no adjustments

2. His adjustments don't work

3. His adjustments are irrelevant because it doesn't require a brain to make them.

4. You think his beard is relevant.

The Jets under Todd Bowles this season are 3-6 he has coached like a clueless moron too many mistakes to mention. 

The team is a mess on and off the field all under his watch. 

He is a laughing stock of the NFL. 

He is supposed to be a defensive genius yet he's playing players out of position and using all the wrong defensive schemes to keep this team competitive in the NFL 

He cant make a decision to save his life and him sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the beginning of his demise as a NY Jet head coach. 

Rest assure if you like him so much you can go be a fan of his next team next season. 

His beard looks ridiculous as his demeanor on game day and at pressers. 

Dan Quinn says hello. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets under Todd Bowles this season are 3-6 he has coached like a clueless moron too many mistakes to mention. 

The team is a mess on and off the field all under his watch. 

He is a laughing stock of the NFL. 

He is supposed to be a defensive genius yet he's playing players out of position and using all the wrong defensive schemes to keep this team competitive in the NFL 

He cant make a decision to save his life and him sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the beginning of his demise as a NY Jet head coach. 

Rest assure if you like him so much you can go be a fan of his next team next season. 

His beard looks ridiculous as his demeanor on game day and at pressers. 

Dan Quinn says hello. 

Dan Quinn?  That's you're answer?  Did you see what he did a year ago?  Of course not, you're spinning from day to day.  He has a great QB, we have Fitz.  

Imstopped when I got to the equally idiotic, he's the laughingstock of the NFL.  Fans like you are, ones who think their coach or team is being laughed at.  Who think a Night games promo is a slight to his team because they only show Brandon Marshall.  

Back to his beard, deep insight Joe.  

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Finally, someone else who agrees. 

It wasn't Bowles' fault for that horrible pass interference at the end, or thay fake off sides and resulting missed tackling kick return, or throwing to two defenders in the end zone without a wr in sight, etc I can go on and on.

Coach Bowles has made his fair share of mistakes. But this idea he needs to fired this year is insane. 

If you have a backdoor deal with a top coach to replace him, then fine! He hasn't done enough to keep him over Belicheck, a Harbaugh, Bill Walsh reincarnated. But its too early to fire him for Joe Philbin, Jim Schwartz (who some people have been dying for this year, hows his defense been lately?)

A few weeke ago 90% of this board would gave their left nut and mothers up for Mike Zimmer to be our coach. 3 straight losses if he was or coach the same threads would be posted about him. "He's clueless"

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Finally, someone else who agrees. 

It wasn't Bowles' fault for that horrible pass interference at the end, or thay fake off sides and resulting missed tackling kick return, or throwing to two defenders in the end zone without a wr in sight, etc I can go on and on.

Coach Bowles has made his fair share of mistakes. But this idea he needs to fired this year is insane. 

If you have a backdoor deal with a top coach to replace him, then fine! He hasn't done enough to keep him over Belicheck, a Harbaugh, Bill Walsh reincarnated. But its too early to fire him for Joe Philbin, Jim Schwartz (who some people have been dying for this year, hows his defense been lately?)

A few weeke ago 90% of this board would gave their left nut and mothers up for Mike Zimmer to be our coach. 3 straight losses if he was or coach the same threads would be posted about him. "He's clueless"

He led the league in blitzing, by a wide margine a year ago.  Started the season blitzing at the same rate and after a few long passes changed up to more zone tongive help.  Team struggled with it and went back to a much more attack oriented D, dialed up the blitzes again but with some zone tossed in.  No one notices this?  Think it's easy to make drastic changes when your secondary is a mess, when most of your LBs are out?  Laughable. 

A year ago people on the board laughed at Quinn's record in Atlanta.  Now I have someone who keeps saying Quinn says hi.  Clueless.

16 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Mac will fire him after this cesspool like season is over which will buy Mac another 2-3 years before he gets jettisoned.

We went to one game this year. Watched them roll over and go belly up. We usually go to 2 or 3.  I will continue to watch on TV but I am not going back to the Met again until they can field a professional team.

I live in Florida and I planned on going to numerous games this season in Jersey.  I went to opening day and had at least 4 more trips planned.  Those plans are cancelled. 

Thanks Todd.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He led the league in blitzing, by a wide margine a year ago.  Started the season blitzing at the same rate and after a few long passes changed up to more zone tongive help.  Team struggled with it and went back to a much more attack oriented D, dialed up the blitzes again but with some zone tossed in.  No one notices this?  Think it's easy to make drastic changes when your secondary is a mess, when most of your LBs are out?  Laughable. 

A year ago people on the board laughed at Quinn's record in Atlanta.  Now I have someone who keeps saying Quinn says hi.  Clueless.

Agreed. Also I remember specifically last year the Washington game Bowles changed up the D at halftime and told Gailey to make some switches too which resulted in a big second half and win for us. 

I'm not saying any of this makes him Lombardi but this whole narrative of he doesn't adjust and doesn't know football is ridiculous.

Archived