fitz should never take another snap as a jet

kmnj

we are toast-done -finished

there is ZERO REASON to play Fitz ever again unless there are injuries to Petty and Hack

Teams needs to evaluate our young qbs to see if they can play-I dont think they can personally and think this organization in its history has shown very little knowledge on drafting qbs

I suspect Bowles will run Fitz out there again probably next week in fact I am  almost certain of it which is a disgrace

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

we are toast-done -finished

there is ZERO REASON to play Fitz ever again unless there are injuries to Petty and Hack

Teams needs to evaluate our young qbs to see if they can play-I dont think they can personally and think this organization in its history has shown very little knowledge on drafting qbs

I suspect Bowles will run Fitz out there again probably next week in fact I am  almost certain of it which is a disgrace

Every time Bowles is interviewed about Fitz he says the same thing:  Fitz is our starter and gives us the best chance to win games.  As many have said, Bowles is clueless and he will ride Fitz right out of town.

29 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Every time Bowles is interviewed about Fitz he says the same thing:  Fitz is our starter and gives us the best chance to win games.  As many have said, Bowles is clueless and he will ride Fitz right out of town.

Except for the fact that this is wrong it sounds good.  He has said repeatedly since the Rams that he will decide later who is starting 

This decision needs to be an organizational decision not just on Bowles.  What I mean by that is Woody needs to sit down with Bowles and even Macc and tell them you're jobs and this season is not going to be judged by how many games we win.  At this point whether we go 3-13 or 6-10 it doesn't matter.  I need to see progress going into next season a including the QB position so stop the best chance to win BS and start playing the younger guys so they can get game experience and we can get a better picture of what we may have going into next year.  It's not even just about Ftiz at this point but play the young WR's, give Juston Burris some playing time, heck shut down Mangold for the rest of the year and get Wes Johnson more experience.  The whole organization needs to come to terms with the fact that this season's over and start thinking towards the future.

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except for the fact that this is wrong it sounds good.  He has said repeatedly since the Rams that he will decide later who is starting 

By saying that he is leaning toward Fitzpatrick. Can't you read between the lines? If it was Petty he would have kept him in town and worked with him over the bye week, but Petty went back home to Texas. It is 99.9 percent certain that it will be Fitzpatrick and the reason he isn't saying it is obvious. He doesn't want Jets fans getting their hunting rifles out for anything other than deer.

27 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

This decision needs to be an organizational decision not just on Bowles.  What I mean by that is Woody needs to sit down with Bowles and even Macc and tell them you're jobs and this season is not going to be judged by how many games we win.  At this point whether we go 3-13 or 6-10 it doesn't matter.  I need to see progress going into next season a including the QB position so stop the best chance to win BS and start playing the younger guys so they can get game experience and we can get a better picture of what we may have going into next year.  It's not even just about Ftiz at this point but play the young WR's, give Juston Burris some playing time, heck shut down Mangold for the rest of the year and get Wes Johnson more experience.  The whole organization needs to come to terms with the fact that this season's over and start thinking towards the future.

Great post. Totally agree. Hope it happens, but don't hold your breath.

56 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

By saying that he is leaning toward Fitzpatrick. Can't you read between the lines? If it was Petty he would have kept him in town and worked with him over the bye week, but Petty went back home to Texas. It is 99.9 percent certain that it will be Fitzpatrick and the reason he isn't saying it is obvious. He doesn't want Jets fans getting their hunting rifles out for anything other than deer.

He hasn't said he's leaning towards anyone.  How do you know what he would do with Petty or what he is doing with Petty?  It's 99% certain that this fanbase would rather ignore what the HC says while they gladly play woe is me, our HC is an idiot games.  They'll even make shlt up to make the argument more plausable

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

This is a good point.  How do you miss 6 weeks of practice for a shoulder injury, not potentially be the starting QB, and take a week off when you could practice.

Did Patullo and Gailey take off too?  From a 3-7 team?  They should be working.

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is a good point.  How do you miss 6 weeks of practice for a shoulder injury, not potentially be the starting QB, and take a week off when you could practice.

The number of practices during the 2 weeks around the bye are severely restricted - I forgot the exact rules.

Archived