Jets’ Pryor Placed in Concussion Protocol

JetNation

Calvin Pryor JN

By Glenn Naughton

Following Sunday’s 22-17 loss to the New England Patriots, head coach Todd Bowles revealed that safety Calvin Pryor was more than just shaken up after laying a big hit on a Patriot receiver in the second half of the contest.

“Calvin Pryor is in concussion protocol.  He’s being evaluated for a head injury”, said Bowles.

Other than defensive lineman Steve McLendon’s sore hamstring, Bowles had no additional injuries to report.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
kFqMWjBCNeE

Click here to read the full story...

18 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Looks like Revis has his big chance to show us what he can do at safety

You see Westoff yesterday on the post game?  Geez, he basically said he's shocked at Revis' reluctance to tackle and hit.  Two aspects of Revis' game that Westoff thought beyond reproach.  That put a shudder in me.

Man what the hell are our doctors doing.  They have grossly misdiagnosed this, since this concussion obviously happened at the end of last season and has persisted throughout this whole season only being found now.... 

Finally we found our excuse for the Pryor regression!

This was not a good draft pick but he plays for a while in the NFL. He was just not a first round pick.  Ha Ha was the pick there if they wanted a safety.

If the Jets thought Jabril Peppers was the right player, having Pryor on the team should not affect that.  He does not need to be renewed.

Bring up Middleton and/or Martin and see how they do.

5 hours ago, varjet said:

This was not a good draft pick but he plays for a while in the NFL. He was just not a first round pick.  Ha Ha was the pick there if they wanted a safety.

If the Jets thought Jabril Peppers was the right player, having Pryor on the team should not affect that.  He does not need to be renewed.

Bring up Middleton and/or Martin and see how they do.

I want to see Middlleton get some play in these last games.

12 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Yes this should happen. Would also like to see Ochi, Watts, and Keeton as well. High end athletic measurables. But Middleton seems like he has the most potential

He got people talking in camp, that means he stood out. Sometimes hustle & high effort with good measurable beats out high measurable without football smarts, Pryor seems to be fitting into that category.

I'm super high on Jabril Peppers! With Lee we would have some speed! They could keep Pryor near the LOS, and if we could sign Jamie Collins away from Cleveland? HOLY SH*T! Jenkins will get better, he's still learning & he has to seal the edge which is not easy to learn. Jenkins, Lee, Collins, Peppers, Pryor, maybe Middleton at FS, that short sh*t everyone kills us with would be put to rest!

21 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Try watching a game

He nearly destroyed #19 on the hit that caused his injury

pryor tries to give it out on each play.  i might remind you that #19 is the one that caught the go ahead td pass.

but really, maybe pryor needs to learn how to make tackles and gain positional advantage before trying to make the big hit.

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

You see Westoff yesterday on the post game?  Geez, he basically said he's shocked at Revis' reluctance to tackle and hit.  Two aspects of Revis' game that Westoff thought beyond reproach.  That put a shudder in me.

I saw him give a lame half-shoulder tackling attempt and that was about it all game long. He really has taken the money and ran with it, the mercenary scrub.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

He got people talking in camp, that means he stood out. Sometimes hustle & high effort with good measurable beats out high measurable without football smarts, Pryor seems to be fitting into that category.

I'm super high on Jabril Peppers! With Lee we would have some speed! They could keep Pryor near the LOS, and if we could sign Jamie Collins away from Cleveland? HOLY SH*T! Jenkins will get better, he's still learning & he has to seal the edge which is not easy to learn. Jenkins, Lee, Collins, Peppers, Pryor, maybe Middleton at FS, that short sh*t everyone kills us with would be put to rest!

Is peppers going to be there at 5? Is peppers worth the 5 slot? I wonder about a player when they dont have a position. 

This is going to be a tough draft when picking high. Since we have so many holes. A safety at 5 has to be a real difference maker. The 5 slot screams QB or OLine to me

Archived