Enough Already. Sell The Team Woody!!!

this has been the strangest and worst Jets team/season since the mid-70's. Sundays now come and go and I am no longer watching this team. I am no longer watching NFL football, I have been the loudest voice screaming for Woody Johnson to sell this team for years now, 2012 is when he clinched it for me when he proclaimed that politics were THE most important thing in his life-DURING FOOTBALL SEASON!. He will never sell this team, why would he? It's a big money maker.

On another subject, I just watched the video and to actually SEE this team give up on the chance to hurt Brady after all the years of Patriots linemen diving into our QBs knees is amazing to me. The game was on across the pool as I was doing an outdoor gig and on my break I saw the score and after I went back on, I saw them go ahead and knew-I KNEW they would still lose.

You know and it's even gone past the "well if they DO lose at least they'll get a high draft pick" but we already know that whoever they pick will still be a Jet, and probably play on the defensive line or be a hybrid DL-LBer because this ownership, and this front office and ANY of the front office people over the past 16-17 years have still not gotten the message that "It's a QB-driven league" now and NOT "Defense wins championships" It's always the same thing ever since this guy bought the team; Woody Johnson he is the ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR.

Sadly, there is no more football in this house on Sunday afternoons because I am not able to even watch this team anymore I'm just not built being able to simply root for another team. I hate the game now-thank you Woody Johnson for all of your ineptitude, you've turned this diehard lifelong Jets fan into, well a better guitar player anyway, since that's what I do instead of watching or reading about and posting about the Jets. In the words of one Phil Collins; I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

The last thing I'll say is I feel sorry for all of you under 60 year old Jets fans because until and UNLESS The Johnson Family Trust decides to see the team, you will NEVER see the Jets win a Super Bowl or even participate in one, not with this owner, not with this coaching staff not without a mindset with balls enough to let a young QB develop. We all know that Tony Romo in green and white will be just like every other band aid project they try at the position. No guts no glory and this owner is 100% milktoast . 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Johnson and Johnson is coming out with a new line of products 

The NY JETs douche 

The NY Jets enema 

The NY Jets ex-lax 

Coming soon 

It's actually all a conspiracy

Woody intentionally makes the jets bad so we pay more for medication to treat depression

I liked his hiring process for the GM and coach this go around, I like the GM, have begun to hate the coach. We could do a lot better but also a lot worse.

woody Johnson >>>>> Leon Hess

Woody has been trying, I really think that he has. He is not a leader of men, but I think he knows that. He got us out of Hofstra, built a new stadium, got outmaneuvered on the west side stadium,  which I think was actually a crushing and damning blow.  he's no Art Rooney, but I think he has given it a fair shot, he's just not up to the task.  He'll never sell 

Jerry Jones worked alongside Jimmy Johnson and Parcells, and combined with his overall football knowledge and savvy, made himself into a credible Owner/Director of Football Operations.  He also made his son learn the business and work alongside him in a equal and not sycophant capacity.

Woody is not up to be director of football operations.  I also don't know whether the Cowboys have made decisions to fill the stadium.  The place is so nice, and the fans are so loyal, that I think they saw the rebuild and kept coming.  Woody is too involved in team operations and drives football decisions with a business purpose, and they keep backfiring.

Woody needs someone under him and above Macc and Bowles who can tell him like it is.  That person should only take the job if it requires buidling a sustainable champion.

Look at the Flipping Patriots.  Super Bowls.  Pick at the bottom of each round.  16 winning seasons.   Yes, they have Tom Brady.  But they also constructed a team to support him, and an Evil Genius Resource (Ernie Adams) and top flight assistants.   I don't think anyone is calling the Jets' assistants top flight.  More like Bargain Basement.

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

Jerry Jones worked alongside Jimmy Johnson and Parcells, and combined with his overall football knowledge and savvy, made himself into a credible Owner/Director of Football Operations.  He also made his son learn the business and work alongside him in a equal and not sycophant capacity.

Woody is not up to be director of football operations.  I also don't know whether the Cowboys have made decisions to fill the stadium.  The place is so nice, and the fans are so loyal, that I think they saw the rebuild and kept coming.  Woody is too involved in team operations and drives football decisions with a business purpose, and they keep backfiring.

Woody needs someone under him and above Macc and Bowles who can tell him like it is.  That person should only take the job if it requires buidling a sustainable champion.

Look at the Flipping Patriots.  Super Bowls.  Pick at the bottom of each round.  16 winning seasons.   Yes, they have Tom Brady.  But they also constructed a team to support him, and an Evil Genius Resource (Ernie Adams) and top flight assistants.   I don't think anyone is calling the Jets' assistants top flight.  More like Bargain Basement.

When you have an established coach, you get good assistants.

When you have rookie coaches, they don't bring along great assistants.  Look at the pipeline Parcells developed, what Walsh developed. 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

When you have an established coach, you get good assistants.

When you have rookie coaches, they don't bring along great assistants.  Look at the pipeline Parcells developed, what Walsh developed. 

Personally, I think that Bowles let the HC job go to his head and and delegated too much.  Over the break, he and Gailey rolled up their sleeves and up their coaching game.  They did hold the NEP to 22 points, their lowest Brady total all year.  It was the players who failed the Jets yesterday, not the coaches.  In large part, the failed players were replacements for injured players who probably did not belong on the roster.

If Mangold (and Clady) are on the Jets next year, they should be paid for game played well.  

We all need to  calm down and put things into perspective this team has been bad for years they always give us false hope its nothing new. 

We are Jets fans the most resilient fans in the NFL. 

We need to keep the faith. 

We need to stay together. 

We need to believe. 

We need to unite. 

We are Jets fans. 

joewilly12 

woody purchased the jets for $635 million in 2000 and the team was valued at $2.6 Billion in 2015.

I'm not a math major, but that is an on paper gain of 2 billion in 15 years, or $10 million a month

would you sell it ?

woody has tried every approach.  he hired guys parcells recommended, he hired guys the old fashioned way by just interviewing them, hired a search firm, used the NFL owner 911 program, it just hasn't worked

should woody sell the team?  actually not a bad question considering his age.  one of the reasons why the bellichicken left (according to the bellichicken) is that he was afraid of the ownership change because hess died.  woody is getting along in years and if he doesn't or can't control the team after he retires or dies then he should sell to someone who wants to.   the jets don't need a corporate owner like hess used to be.

15 hours ago, Larz said:

woody purchased the jets for $635 million in 2000 and the team was valued at $2.6 Billion in 2015.

I'm not a math major, but that is an on paper gain of 2 billion in 15 years, or $10 million a month

would you sell it ?

woody has tried every approach.  he hired guys parcells recommended, he hired guys the old fashioned way by just interviewing them, hired a search firm, used the NFL owner 911 program, it just hasn't worked

Things haven't worked out, but he has put good people in place to help with his job searches.  Idzik seemed like he should be good at the time, he was coming from the Seahawks, he just drafted poorly.

His big mistake (to me) is two times bringing in a GM and forcing a Head Coach on him.  That does not seem the way to go. 

Who exactly is in the market for an NFL team?  I always read/hear that there are lot of people interested in owning, but never hear any names outside celebrities that don't have the sort of money needed.  It would be nice to have an owner that's actually built something on their own.  

Archived