Fitz paying it forward in mentoring young QBs

AFJF

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

It does when you spend 2 off seasons debating Fitz vs. Geno. Its sad the only thing Fitznutz have now is attacking Geno fans. 

There are no Ryan Fitzpatrick fans. I have yet to see a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey at the stadium, I have yet to hear him interviewed on a radio show.  We tolerated him as a bandaid until our kids were ready.

He is a backup quarterback who came to our unlikely rescue when our starting quarterback cheapskated $600 from a teammate.  That's all.  You Geno freaks keep trying to invent this unicorn Ryan Fitzpatrick fanbase that doesn't exist.  Good luck with that. 

SAR I

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If he comes back next year, that's a big if, it would mostly be as Petty's mentor.  That was the plan in the original offer the Jets made to him.  4 years, $27 M, 16 guaranteed.  In the original plan it was Petty/Hack's mentor

In order for that to happen Petty would have to play lights out the last 4 games, and become the next great hope at QB.  I like Petty, but I think it will be difficult for him to have a 2-1 TD to pick ratio, and win 3-4 of the last games.  IMO that's what it will take for him to be the favorite to start next season.

I hope it happens, but I will be very, very surprised

Yeah, don't need him as a mentor. There's a reason you have QB coaches that count nothing towards the cap. 

Just now, SAR I said:

There are no Ryan Fitzpatrick fans. I have yet to see a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey at the stadium, I have yet to hear him interviewed on a radio show.  We tolerated him as a bandaid until our kids were ready.

He is a backup quarterback who came to our unlikely rescue when our starting quarterback cheapskated $600 from a teammate.  That's all.  You Geno freaks keep trying to invent this unicorn Ryan Fitzpatrick fanbase that doesn't exist.  Good luck with that. 

SAR I

Says one of the biggest Fitznut there is. And he didn't come to any rescue. All he did was put this organization a few years back. Maybe if we had Geno play in 2015, we go 0-16 (as you would make it seem) and end up with our choice of Goff or Wentz. Either one of them is better than Fitz and that was before they even had an NFL coach talk to them. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

It does when you spend 2 off seasons debating Fitz vs. Geno. Its sad the only thing Fitznutz have now is attacking Geno fans. 

No, it doesn't make you right, it just makes you sad.  

And no one needs to attack Geno fans.  Still thinking you were "right" about him is embarrassing enough as it is.

10 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, don't need him as a mentor. There's a reason you have QB coaches that count nothing towards the cap. 

Every team needs a back up, over his career Fitz has been a good one. That's why he has been in the NFL 12 years and has a net worth over $24,000,000.  He fails when he is asked to do more then he is physically  capable of.  Be a 16 game starter.

Fitz and Garrett have many similarities.  Both are very smart Ivy League QB's with limited skills, but still hung around the NFL many years, Garrett 8 I think.  They did this because they were both students of the game.  Neither had the physical skills to step up and be good starters.  

Petty is best friends with Fitz.  he has said many times how much Fitz has taught him.   IF Petty succeeds in the NFL, I'm sure he would want Fitz working with him, and teaching him. 

It is almost impossible to see the silly fable you used to make some kind of a point, playing out

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

So ya figure Dak Prescott points out to Jason Garrett what a bad NFL QB he was, when he is  coaching him?   :rolleyes:

So if one coach was a former bad qb, every bad qb is going to be a good coach ?? Jason Garrett was from a big football family grew up breathing football. has like 5 brothers all played. His father was a longtime coach and then scout.. fitz is just another book smart, common sense moron.. 

Don't want to badmouth anybody. It's a bad situation all around. but this mentoring thing is a nice story for a writer to get in the paper or posted on a website when he's covering a  team playing out the string. Either Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg has the talent and the brains to  get it . Or he does not get it. This is nothing against Fitzpatrick or anyone else.  Only a turd in his position would be a jerk about it. But on the list of reasons of why one of these guys will or will not be a successful NFL QB Ryan Fitzpatrick's contributions or lack there will be very low. Better the old QB be a gentleman as say, Ken Anderson was with Boomer Esiason. But by most accounts Brett Favre was a total dick to Aaron Rodgers. And there are a lot of crappy QBs on both ends of such situations where it just didn't matter. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So if one coach was a former bad qb, every bad qb is going to be a good coach ?? Jason Garrett was from a big football family grew up breathing football. has like 5 brothers all played. His father was a longtime coach and then scout.. fitz is just another book smart, common sense moron.. 

LOL

Who said ALL?

Here's the post you are criticizing.   Thought maybe you should read it.  The Garrett comparison was used just as an example in response to a pretend false narrative.   

"One has little to do with the other.  

If you look around the league over the years, a lot of good QB coaches and OC's had played QB.  Very few of them are super talented Super Bowl winning QB's.  Most of them are guys who didn't have the physical talent,but used their smarts to reach what ever level they achieved" 

It's why they became good coaches.

Don't you think calling a guy who has played 12 years in the league, made tens of millions of dollars, with limited physical skills a moron is a bit silly?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sure there aren't.  In fact you arent.  You just troll back and forth on this one, depending on which argument you want to make.  And one more time, he has nothing to do with Geno.  No matter how many times you try and make it into Geno vs. Fitz there are no Geno freaks.  There are plenty of Fitz heads like you, hiding with you head up your ass after his implosion. 

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Who said ALL?

Here's the post you are criticizing.   Thought maybe you should read it.  The Garrett comparison was used just as an example in response to a pretend false narrative.   

"One has little to do with the other.  

If you look around the league over the years, a lot of good QB coaches and OC's had played QB.  Very few of them are super talented Super Bowl winning QB's.  Most of them are guys who didn't have the physical talent,but used their smarts to reach what ever level they achieved" 

It's why they became good coaches.

Don't you think calling a guy who has played 12 years in the league, made tens of millions of dollars, with limited physical skills a moron is a bit silly?

lol the point is A LOT more ex qbs do not become coaches lol.. 

peyton manning had a weaker arm than most people's grandmother in his last two years.. He still did pretty good.. He was a genius at reading the defenses, etc.. He was basically the coach on the field.. 

Fitzpatrick was a decent journeyman qb.. He was NEVER a star, mostly a backup who got his chances.. How can you justify saying he made intelligent decisions on the field this yr? Or even many last yr. He has thrown interceptions even rookies would not make.. throwing picks in fg range.. Not feeling pressure coming.. locking in and telegraphing passes is not the makings of a intelligent qb, or varsity athlete..

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

OK.  That makes sense.   All bad QB's don't make great HC's.  We agree  :)

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

Says one of the biggest Fitznut there is. And he didn't come to any rescue. All he did was put this organization a few years back. Maybe if we had Geno play in 2015, we go 0-16 (as you would make it seem) and end up with our choice of Goff or Wentz. Either one of them is better than Fitz and that was before they even had an NFL coach talk to them. 

I am not a fan of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Merely pointed out that he has been our best option all season, which any objective non-Myhero can plainly see.

And he has been.  Because Geno Smith is a bust.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure there aren't.  In fact you arent.  You just troll back and forth on this one, depending on which argument you want to make.  And one more time, he has nothing to do with Geno.  No matter how many times you try and make it into Geno vs. Fitz there are no Geno freaks.  There are plenty of Fitz heads like you, hiding with you head up your ass after his implosion. 

No idea what you're talking about (as usual) I've been very steadfast in pointing out that 1) of the 4 quarterbacks on the roster Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the best option and 2) the failure this season is on the defense as they are what we were counting on to be among the best in the league.  I am not a Fitzpatrick fan.  There actually are no Fitzpatrick fans.  This guy isn't a Jet, he's a Bill, he had a hot streak against weak competition last year, came up short.

As for the Geno lovers, be real.  We had a whole Summer Of Geno from the people we still hear from this very day, trying to make that garbage into a narrative.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

No, it doesn't make you right, it just makes you sad.  

And no one needs to attack Geno fans.  Still thinking you were "right" about him is embarrassing enough as it is.

Whatever makes you feel good about being a Fitznut. 

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No idea what you're talking about (as usual) I've been very steadfast in pointing out that 1) of the 4 quarterbacks on the roster Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the best option and 2) the failure this season is on the defense as they are what we were counting on to be among the best in the league.  I am not a Fitzpatrick fan.  There actually are no Fitzpatrick fans.  This guy isn't a Jet, he's a Bill, he had a hot streak against weak competition last year, came up short.

As for the Geno lovers, be real.  We had a whole Summer Of Geno from the people we still hear from this very day, trying to make that garbage into a narrative.

SAR I

Ha there are a few fitzgarbage fans.. what is interesting is geno, Fitzpatrick, and Sanchez will all be fighting for 3rd string jobs somewhere.. well Sanchez already is a 3.. He may be in the AFL very soon..

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Every team needs a back up, over his career Fitz has been a good one. That's why he has been in the NFL 12 years and has a net worth over $24,000,000.  He fails when he is asked to do more then he is physically  capable of.  Be a 16 game starter.

Fitz and Garrett have many similarities.  Both are very smart Ivy League QB's with limited skills, but still hung around the NFL many years, Garrett 8 I think.  They did this because they were both students of the game.  Neither had the physical skills to step up and be good starters.  

Petty is best friends with Fitz.  he has said many times how much Fitz has taught him.   IF Petty succeeds in the NFL, I'm sure he would want Fitz working with him, and teaching him. 

It is almost impossible to see the silly fable you used to make some kind of a point, playing out

Good points, except Fitz isn't a coach. I'm guessing you think being an Ivy League QB automatically makes you smarter than any other (non-Ivy league) QB. Fitz issues aren't his physical limitations. His issues are being a dumb QB that doesn't know what a triple team is and what leading the receiver means. He's inaccurate, Ivy League QB that can't read Ds. There's no smarts there. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yes, there are no Fitz fans.  Hea not a Jet, hes a Bill?  Hes on his sixth team.  Hes whoever you want him to be at this point.  Keep stroking yourself into believing that.  You poor Fitz fanatics had to put up with fans who wanted an open competition.  All while you clown and tell us that Fitz beat Geno out or it was Geno who lost the job, whatever the nonsense is today.  And you actually want those few fans, who you outnumbered all off season to stop now that its blown up and Fitz cost us a season.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This guy is acting like we've never seen fitzpatrick before last year. I hated him when he was with buffalo and with tennesee. he's been consistently terrible for years, and I admittedly took delight in how he failed the bills. it's not so much fun now that the shoe is on the other foot but whatever this team was on it's way down anyway. I'm just curious as to who sarry is going to obsessively blame for all of the jets problems now that geno and rex are both gone. my money's on bowles as the favorite

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ha there are a few fitzgarbage fans.. what is interesting is geno, Fitzpatrick, and Sanchez will all be fighting for 3rd string jobs somewhere.. well Sanchez already is a 3.. He may be in the AFL very soon..

Agreed.

It's time to get behind Petty and pray for Hackenberg, it's all we can do short of an old free agent a-la Cutler.

SAR I

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

I support any and all criticism of Fitz's play on the field this year.  He has failed.

But three things I do not question Fitz about, his effort (he gives 110%, even when the team is giving >50% of late), his desire (he wants to win and it shows and he sacrifices himself to do it) and his team-first attitude in doing the little things (like mentoring to the best of his ability Petty and Hack).

99 percent of us , if given the QB job would give all of our effort, ability and desire.  It means nothing.   Fitz was never qualified to take a team to the next level. Yet ..the JETS paid him his ransom. THAT is why we havent gotten over the fence.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, there are no Fitz fans.  Hea not a Jet, hes a Bill?  Hes on his sixth team.  Hes whoever you want him to be at this point.  Keep stroking yourself into believing that.  You poor Fitz fanatics had to put up with fans who wanted an open competition.  All while you clown and tell us that Fitz beat Geno out or it was Geno who lost the job, whatever the nonsense is today.  And you actually want those few fans, who you outnumbered all off season to stop now that its blown up and Fitz cost us a season.

Typical of Myhero tactics, you are confusing two things.

First, there are no Fitzpatrick fans.  The guy was brought in as a ho-hum backup to Geno Smith.  Circumstances and an easy schedule allowed him to put up 31 touchdowns and lead us to a fun 10 win season after 5 years of sucking.

Second, what "cost us a season" is not the journeyman quarterback who put up journeyman quarterback numbers.  This season was over before it began, the schedule was the toughest in team history.  Most rational Jets fans back in August felt we were headed for a losing season unless our defense was Top 3 and Matt Forte was an all pro.  Neither of those things happened.

You Glassjaw Smith fans make crap up at every opportunity to support your twisted theory that Geno Smith is a good quarterback that the Jets somehow misused.  You'd think that seeing a quarterback who is worse than Mark Sanchez who you ran out of town you'd learn your lesson.

SAR I

8 hours ago, August said:

Why do you guys allow yourselves to be trolled by Sar I?

Just stop with the trolling theory already.  Just because you can't fathom a Jets fan with a different opinion than yours doesn't mean that you're being trolled.  It just means you can't make a better argument.

As posters, we lose battles all the time here in discussion forums.  When it happens, we take the losses like men and move on to the next argument.  Crying "troll" is poor form.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

lol the point is A LOT more ex qbs do not become coaches lol.. 

peyton manning had a weaker arm than most people's grandmother in his last two years.. He still did pretty good.. He was a genius at reading the defenses, etc.. He was basically the coach on the field.. 

Fitzpatrick was a decent journeyman qb.. He was NEVER a star, mostly a backup who got his chances.. How can you justify saying he made intelligent decisions on the field this yr? Or even many last yr. He has thrown interceptions even rookies would not make.. throwing picks in fg range.. Not feeling pressure coming.. locking in and telegraphing passes is not the makings of a intelligent qb, or varsity athlete..

Peyton Manning had 9 TD's to 17 INT's last year. Fitz's year this season would be an upgrade. 

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

99 percent of us , if given the QB job would give all of our effort, ability and desire.  It means nothing.   Fitz was never qualified to take a team to the next level. Yet ..the JETS paid him his ransom. THAT is why we havent gotten over the fence.

The Jets paid him the ransom because:

1.  Looking at Petty, Hackenberg, and Smith as the only other options it was the only move considering how hard our first 6 games were.

2.  He threw 31 TD's and was beloved by his OC and his WR's.

3.  If you average his first season ($3M) and his second season ($12M) he was a two-year bargain as an NFL starting quarterback at $7.5M.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Typical of Myhero tactics, you are confusing two things.

First, there are no Fitzpatrick fans.  The guy was brought in as a ho-hum backup to Geno Smith.  Circumstances and an easy schedule allowed him to put up 31 touchdowns and lead us to a fun 10 win season after 5 years of sucking.

Second, what "cost us a season" is not the journeyman quarterback who put up journeyman quarterback numbers.  This season was over before it began, the schedule was the toughest in team history.  Most rational Jets fans back in August felt we were headed for a losing season unless our defense was Top 3 and Matt Forte was an all pro.  Neither of those things happened.

You Glassjaw Smith fans make crap up at every opportunity to support your twisted theory that Geno Smith is a good quarterback that the Jets somehow misused.  You'd think that seeing a quarterback who is worse than Mark Sanchez who you ran out of town you'd learn your lesson.

SAR I

The season wasn't over before it began, stop the nonsense.  The schedule was not the toughest in team history, do you just make this shlt up?  Most national media had the Jets making the playoffs and making a run.  

Now please list the Geno Smith, not glass jaw, Geno Smith, crap I've made up.  How would having wanted Smith to have a chance to compete for the starting job become mad up crap?  Because you say so?  No offense, when it comes to the actual game, the Xs and Os, you're in way over your head.  Show me where it's etched in stone that a strong armed running QB who struggled on a squad devoid of talent  as a rookie and 2nd year QB can't improve? You know, like he showed before getting hurt.  And why people like Gruden and Mike Westhoff think Geno should have been starting and may down the road.

So keep playing your troll game.  It's fun for a while but stop already.  

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just stop with the trolling theory already.  Just because you can't fathom a Jets fan with a different opinion than yours doesn't mean that you're being trolled.  It just means you can't make a better argument.

As posters, we lose battles all the time here in discussion forums.  When it happens, we take the losses like men and move on to the next argument.  Crying "troll" is poor form.

SAR I

Except some people seem to always be labled trolls, no matter the board. 

You have to be pretty bad to be permabanned for trolling JI/Scout.  Should be a wake up call that you're doing something wrong. 

And those lost battles you bring up, by taking losses like men do you mean crying to mods that people are picking on you?  That people follow you?  We all have those emails Lol

8 hours ago, cant wait said:

This guy is acting like we've never seen fitzpatrick before last year. I hated him when he was with buffalo and with tennesee. he's been consistently terrible for years, and I admittedly took delight in how he failed the bills. it's not so much fun now that the shoe is on the other foot but whatever this team was on it's way down anyway. I'm just curious as to who sarry is going to obsessively blame for all of the jets problems now that geno and rex are both gone. my money's on bowles as the favorite

Whoever he blames, one thing we know, it will be the wrong person, some dumb theory as in buttfumble or Sporano etc

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yawn

Archived