Mo Wilk and Sheldon lack of sacks

AFJF

Very surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet ... Perhaps the performance by our secondary this season is having an impact on their sack numbers

Mo & Sheldon have def dropped off From their 2015 season performance ... But  JJ Watt would prob even have difficulty getting double digit sacks with the matador secondary Revis has been "leading" from 10 yards off this season ... The secondary certainly has had a bigger impact than the guys we swapped Snacks out for.

12 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

LOL

I love these guys who make excuses for these over paid underachievers, yeah ok Kevin, down year, got it. I too enjoyed last night getting our brains bashed in on National TV yet again.

LOL

Wow. He said we can only hope. That is exactly what the situation is right now, we are hoping it is one bad year for Wilk.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

While I cannot defend Sheldon's off the field shenanigans, he's a 300+ pound DT who is playing 7 and 8 technique way outside. Mo is playing similar.  The team has 3 awesome DT and only 1 or perhaps 2 DT roles to play them in. They need to pick up a legit pass rusher from the edge, and trade one of the three DT. 

This has to be a key focus this offseason. Other positions (like OLine and secondary, maybe QB) will require new players. but for the DLine, they need to sit down and figure out how to work it out with the guys they have (maybe minus Richardson). So frustrating.

14 minutes ago, ljr said:

Very surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet ... Perhaps the performance by our secondary this season is having an impact on their sack numbers

Mo & Sheldon have def dropped off From their 2015 season performance ... But  JJ Watt would prob even have difficulty getting double digit sacks with the matador secondary Revis has been "leading" from 10 yards off this season ... The secondary certainly has had a bigger impact than the guys we swapped Snacks out for.

Not sure, I would have hoped there would be a lineman in the QBs face before some of these 80 yard pass completions. :)

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not sure, I would have hoped there would be a lineman in the QBs face before some of these 80 yard pass completions. :)

Lol ... Agreed! They all Impact each other ... That being said in 2016 our  D-line > LB's > DB's ... with our results this year they probably deserve me to write it this way instead DB's < LB's < DL

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Correlation is not causation, tough sell considering that guy was off the field for nearly half the D snaps. He's arguably not even the Giants' best DT with Hankins over there.

The Spin the Spin. I've watched a couple Giants games, everyone raves about snacks. How's your 18 mill per boy Mo doing?

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Spin the Spin. I've watched a couple Giants games, everyone raves about snacks. How's your 18 mill per boy Mo doing?

Ah, the old scientific approach, got it. Citing Harrison's actual playing time  with the Jets is spin, nearly doubling Wilkerson's 2016 hit/adding extra money to exaggerate Wilkerson's deal is totally definitely not. It's this kind of nonsensical and blatant disregard for reality that really makes it hard to actually worry about Wilkerson even despite this 2016. The Jets and their DL talent aren't where they are this year because they let go a run stuffer who came off the field nearly half the time. Harrison's in yet another situatuon where a superior all around player (this time Hankins instead of Wilkerson, not to mention JPP and Vernon) lets him ride the coattails and somehow get more hype anyway. He was a luxury for a team that doesn't have room for luxury, and the Jets made the right move for the longer run in extending the far superior player.

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Ah, the old scientific approach, got it. Citing Harrison's actual playing time  with the Jets is spin, nearly doubling Wilkerson's 2016 hit/adding extra money to exaggerate Wilkerson's deal is totally definitely not. It's this kind of nonsensical and blatant disregard for reality that really makes it hard to actually worry about Wilkerson even despite this 2016. The Jets and their DL talent aren't where they are this year because they let go a run stuffer who came off the field nearly half the time. Harrison's in yet another situatuon where a superior all around player (this time Hankins instead of Wilkerson, not to mention JPP and Vernon) lets him ride the coattails and somehow get more hype anyway. He was a luxury for a team that doesn't have room for luxury, and the Jets made the right move for the longer run in extending the far superior player.

Bottom line bad deal for the Jets. 

How can you even pull that "Luxury" line, have you seen Wilkerson play this year? - Guys like a dancing Bear, he just holds on and dances with the lineman for 5 seconds. Snacks has transformed the Giants D-Line making teams one dimensional.

Sure he can't pass rush but neither can Mo. 18 million per. He's mailed it in, if he's not and still hurt, he should be on IR.

You was his personal cheer leader on this site for months during the off season, hijacking every thread about resigning him.

What have you got to say about the deal now? - Not a lot. They should have shifted him for what we could have got.

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bottom line bad deal for the Jets. 

How can you even pull that "Luxury" line, have you seen Wilkerson play this year? - Guys like a dancing Bear, he just holds on and dances with the lineman for 5 seconds. Snacks has transformed the Giants D-Line making teams one dimensional.

Sure he can't pass rush but neither can Mo. 18 million per. He's mailed it in

Literally there is not a single fact here. How does Harrison get sole credit for "transforming" a line with Hankins, Pierre-Paul, and Vernon? All of those guys were excellent without him before 2016 and are still excellent when he's off the field for nearly 40% of the D snaps this year. 

The Jets made the wise and correct move when they resigned Wilkerson over Harrison. That will easily bare out over the course of their second contracts.

7 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Literally there is not a single fact here. How does Harrison get sole credit for "transforming" a line with Hankins, Pierre-Paul, and Vernon? All of those guys were excellent without him before 2016 and are still excellent when he's off the field for nearly 40% of the D snaps this year. 

The Jets made the wise and correct move when they resigned Wilkerson over Harrison. That will easily bare out over the course of their second contracts.

So let's look at some "Facts"

Mo Wilkerson 734 Snaps, exactly 125 more the Damon Harrison.

Just over 17% more snaps then Mo. Hardly significant.

Production:-

Mo Wilkerson  48 Tackles and 2.5 sacks.

Damon Harrison 80 Tackles and 1.5 sacks.

So Snacks plays 17% less snaps then Mo, but has 32 more tackles   A 60% better return, and only one   Less sack.

Please don't let "Facts" get in the way of your agenda driven narrative.

Defensive Snaps in 2016

Damon Harrison
 was on the field for 609 of his team's snaps on defense in 2016.

2016 Defensive Stats
Tckl
Sacks
Int
FF
TD

Defensive Snaps in 2016
Muhammad Wilkerson was on the field for 734 of his team's snaps on defense in 2016.

2016 Defensive Stats
Tckl
Sacks
Int
FF
TD

http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=8486

http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=7464

38 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm talking about now. Mo is not earning his money Snacks is.

Also try some facts rather then your opinion, to back up your numbers.

Look at it this way Mo is still on the Fast Track to the HOF 2016 is just a rest stop on the journey.. According to Mo his leg felt fine as he said in camp was he lying?? Or is his 22 million dollar money belt slowing him down??:blink:

On 12/18/2016 at 2:01 PM, BrickzNY said:

We're stuck with Wilkerson, so we have to just hope his lazy ass gets it together. Sheldon however is gone. I don't care if we trade him for a 7th rounder, that slob needs to be off the team. 

What's unfortunate about this is Sheldon seems to be the more talented out of the two. Unfortunate and typical. 

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm talking about now. Mo is not earning his money Snacks is.

Also try some facts rather then your opinion, to back up your numbers.

That makes sense. 

Its long acknowledged that Wilkerson has not been his usual self, easily worth that contract, this year. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

That makes sense. 

Its long acknowledged that Wilkerson has not been his usual self, easily worth that contract, this year. 

You may claim injury, but Mo dogged it this season.  You could actually see plays where he loafed. And more often than in previous seasons.  It has always been a concern about him (he loafs at times every season) and this season he validated that concern, much to my dismay.   Mo can be a terribly lazy player at times.  Not all the time, obviously, but enough so that it is quite noticeable. The dude has talent.  But I'm not sure he has the fire in the belly.  Sucks for Jets fans.

So far, the new contract is a grand waste of money for the Jets.  Hope Mo (who I like by the way) can turn this around quickly next season.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

That makes sense. 

He has nearly been himself this year, last year was an oultier, the only year he actually was good all year long, his contract year.  People act as if Mo wilk played 16 strong games a year since he came into the league, not even close.

I can see why they gave mo the money but they seem to have made a huge mistake, his sad play this year is one thing but missing meetings and such is 100% inexcusable.

7 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Look at it this way Mo is still on the Fast Track to the HOF 2016 is just a rest stop on the journey.. According to Mo his leg felt fine as he said in camp was he lying?? Or is his 22 million dollar money belt slowing him down??:blink:

Mo Wilkerson is NOT going to the HOF (sorry if you're being sarcastic) I'm not even sure he's ever been a 1st team all-pro...I would think you have to be a 1st team all pro at least once to be considered hall of fame worthy.  Mo Wilkerson is a good player and nothing more.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

You may claim injury, but Mo dogged it this season.  You could actually see plays where he loafed. And more often than in previous seasons.  It has always been a concern about him (he loafs at times every season) and this season he validated that concern, much to my dismay.   Mo can be a terribly lazy player at times.  Not all the time, obviously, but enough so that it is quite noticeable. The dude has talent.  But I'm not sure he has the fire in the belly.  Sucks for Jets fans.

So far, the new contract is a grand waste of money for the Jets.  Hope Mo (who I like by the way) can turn this around quickly next season.

- Yeah, the injury isn't a claim. It literally happened and likely explains much of both a lower 2016 salary and the down year. 

- The idea that one of the handful of DTs in the league to consistently rack up 80+% of the D snaps, one of the even fewer who consistently excels doing so, is terribly lazy is as hilarious now as it was in the offseason.

- Jets fans will get over it. He's not even in the top 10 for this team's issues moving forward. The fans will bitch about the money like good loyal serfs, but that's par for the course and doesn't really matter anyway. They go where the wind tells them to go.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He has nearly been himself this year, last year was an oultier, the only year he actually was good all year long, 

Lol just stop, it's still not true 

19 hours ago, SenorGato said:

- Yeah, the injury isn't a claim. It literally happened and likely explains much of both a lower 2016 salary and the down year. 

- The idea that one of the handful of DTs in the league to consistently rack up 80+% of the D snaps, one of the even fewer who consistently excels doing so, is terribly lazy is as hilarious now as it was in the offseason.

- Jets fans will get over it. He's not even in the top 10 for this team's issues moving forward. The fans will bitch about the money like good loyal serfs, but that's par for the course and doesn't really matter anyway. They go where the wind tells them to go.

Lol just stop, it's still not true 

Mo has always loafed. I have been saying it for years.  It was a knock on him at Temple.  BUt too many people here worshipped at his temple.  The guy has talent. He also has dog.

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Mo Wilkerson is NOT going to the HOF (sorry if you're being sarcastic) I'm not even sure he's ever been a 1st team all-pro...I would think you have to be a 1st team all pro at least once to be considered hall of fame worthy.  Mo Wilkerson is a good player and nothing more.

Geez I thought it was obvious that I was..;) Fast track to the HOF is a line Gato always uses besides Mo having a better career then Joe Klecko..

Archived