Who can the Jets build around?

UnitedWhofans

That is the question that Mike Francesa just posed to the people? He basically said Williams and that's it. Now I disagree with that. Here, IMO, are the future pieces for the Jets.

Leonard Williams, Bilal Powell, Quincy Enunwa.

That's all I have. Now there are a lot of players can move themselves into this category with good second years. Anderson, Burris, Lee, maybe Jenkins.

But right now, the Jets have 3 building blocks IMO

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Calvin Pryor either isn't being used correctly (and we heard that his rookie year) or he just isn't that good. Probably you can get more out of him but there are just too many breakdowns going on and he looked pretty bad last night and all season long.

OMG.  Seriously?  I have been telling everyone how terrible he is the whole time.  Calvin Pryor should not be in the NFL.  There is nothing salvageable. He might latch onto another team for a year or two, then outta the league.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand why.  But I don't need to.  He is the most explosive offensive player the Jets have had since Wesley Walker.

Too frail...he's cost this team at least 3 int's this year by simply being muscled out of the way and he's incapable of winning a contested ball....Which puts him in the catogory of deep threat but not an all around receiver.  Nice to have on the team but certainly not anything to build around.

I'd probably have to agree with him.

Powell is too old to be a building block and has been wasted playing a supporting role to inferior backs all his career.

Q has had some great games but like Anderson is young and inconsistent, too many drops overall.

Lots of younger guys that could turn into something, like Deion Simon, Anderson, Burris but right now, just Williams in my opinion.....which is a scary thought.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Too frail...he's cost this team at least 3 int's this year by simply being muscled out of the way and incapable of winning a contested ball....Which puts him in the catogory of deep threat but not an all around receiver.  Nice to have on the team but certainly not anything to build around.

That's why. Want to see him with some muscle.

1 minute ago, Nick Blitz said:

I'd probably have to agree with him.

Powell is too old to be a building block and has been wasted playing a supporting role to inferior backs all his career.

Q has had some great games but like Anderson is young and inconsistent, too many drops overall.

Lots of younger guys that could turn into something, like Deion Simon, Anderson, Burris but right now, just Williams in my opinion.....which is a scary thought.

But that means Powell has fresher legs than a regular starting back

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

OMG.  Seriously?  I have been telling everyone how terrible he is the whole time.  Calvin Pryor should not be in the NFL.  There is nothing salvageable. He might latch onto another team for a year or two, then outta the league.

He's an NFL player and I think most of the secondary problems can be fixed and it's partially a scheme thing. But our Dbs are being turned around and when on one on one beaten badly. 

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Too frail...he's cost this team at least 3 int's this year by simply being muscled out of the way and he's incapable of winning a contested ball....Which puts him in the catogory of deep threat but not an all around receiver.  Nice to have on the team but certainly not anything to build around.

Robby's best comparison is a cross between Martavis Bryant and DeSean Jackson. 

No, he isn't built like Dez or Kelvin.  He isnt going to wrestle the ball away.  Not his game.  But he  can certainly put on 10 lbs of muscle in the off-season, like Martavis did.

A somewhat raw WR that can take the top off a defense, creates huge separation on dig routes because DBs are terrified of his speed, is someone to build around.  He has immense talent.  Sorry you don't see it.

If there was a draft do-over? Robby would be, at least, a 2nd round pick.  Hell, I bet the Vikes would rather have RA than Treadwell right now.

Physically weak but talented. Needs to add weight and get much stronger.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The same way I am not raising players like Anderson is the same reason that I am not condemning players like Lee.

Also add Simon to that list.

I think it's fair and maybe I have a preconceived notion of Lee but damn he looks like a child out there. He got trampled like a 7 year old girl stepping in from me when they put a fresh crab legs put at my favorite calabash seafood buffet.

We see it time and time with him. Yesterday it was glaring in that touchdown he fell down on. He gets close to plays because of his speed but then fails to make a play. 70% of his tackles are from behind 6 to 10 yards deep. Looks like a bad pick right now.

Hopefully he gets on a good strength program this off season and gobbles down some protein (cough,cough,steroi..) because tiny linebacker plays tiny. 

There is talent at WR. RA is a keeper. He is one Jets player that teams see on O besides Enunwa. I would like to see RA, Q and Smith on the field together. That is a speedy set. ASJnmay turn into something. I also like Peake. That is a good corps to build around on O.

The OL needs some help. Keep Winters if possible. May have to stay with Ijalana at LT to hold the fort. Shell and Qvale can battle for RT.

Draft a RB and start building that area. Powell to start or a game breaker from the draft. 

Build around Wlliams on D Declde if this is a 4/3 or a 3/4 D

Draft some CB's 

Don't go out and sign expensive players to stupid contracts. Have some discipline this offseason.

Trade Marshall and Decker. Get those additional picks. They are sorely required. 

Sound like a bunch of scorn sissys around here

Oh boo boo we have no future waah wahhh

the jets have hurt your feelings.....scorn bitches.

I like what I see next year.  Ye we have some big holes to fill

CB, LT, RG, OLB,TE,ILB

I think we have a lot of good young players

Leo,simon,jenkins,burress,lee(not sold on lee yet but I do think he will be at least average),mauldin

Anderson,peake,jmarshall,petty,wesley,shell,dakota

I have faith Macc will bring in new blood and draft some good players.

Archived