Gotta' like this from Petty

AFJF

I love how fans & even writers are already telling us he can't be a starting QB. 3 starts on a roster that these same writers & fans say is bottom 3 in the NFL in talent,lol. Sieve Oline, WRs dropping balls, he would have thrown for 300 yards if Marshall & Anderson catch easy balls, and Marshall stops running backward 1st after every catch. 

Marshall was interfered with on a good ball down the right sideline in the 1st half. I'd love to see the stats for all the starting QBs 1st 3 games playing the league right now. I have no idea if Petty can be a starting QB in this league yet, and no one else does either.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I have no idea if Petty can be a starting QB in this league yet, and no one else does either.

We have some idea though. He's had 3 starts and while the jury is still out there's evidence to sort through. Some of it's good and some of it's bad. He looks like a backup at this point. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

We have some idea though. He's had 3 starts and while the jury is still out there's evidence to sort through. Some of it's good and some of it's bad. He looks like a backup at this point. 

Hard not to look like a back-up when playing with mostly back-ups.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He looked like a back up before he even got to start so that rly doesn't tell anyone much. Give him his reps and let it play out. The important thing is most of the Time he looks like he knows what he's doing. He just needs polishing .

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Based on 3 starts 99% of QBs playing talentless rosters look like backups. 

2 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Hard not to look like a back-up when playing with mostly back-ups.

Yep, or players not caring worth a damn. BM played like he his feet were glued to the ground and had 1 broken arm. Since when doesn't BM fight for a ball? He didn't last night.

5 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Yep, or players not caring worth a damn. BM played like he his feet were glued to the ground and had 1 broken arm. Since when doesn't BM fight for a ball? He didn't last night.

I think our rebuild is so massive that keeping a veteran like Brandon Marshall is a mistake. What is he teaching these young players with his lack of effort last night? How to lacksadaically try to one hand a catch? How to drop a pass right in your hands?

Marshall will not be a part of the turnaround. I think the Jets have to look at every high priced veteran that way. Will they be an essential part of the future? 7.5 million would be better spent trying to steal another teams young offensive lineman if one becomes available. I would try to swing a trade for Ron Leary from Dallas for Richardson. The secondary & offensive line have got  to be upgraded big time. 

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

We're signing a veteran or drafting another qb.  Petty will get to compete for the starter job next year

That's the way it should be, earn it.  If he earns it good for him.  I like the kid and would love to see him succeed.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

The jury is out.

Pros

He is making decisions faster

He has a cannon

Seems to have brass balls and let's it fly

Has show nice tough on some "softer" throws

Cons

He isn't always making the right decision

Needs to be more consistent, seems accurate but then once in a while just throws a head scratcher

There are more cons right now but I am leaving them in they jury's hands. Time will tell. But I am happy they are getting this data.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The jury is out.

Pros

He is making decisions faster

He has a cannon

Seems to have brass balls and let's it fly

Has show nice tough on some "softer" throws

Cons

He isn't always making the right decision

Needs to be more consistent, seems accurate but then once in a while just throws a head scratcher

There are more cons right now but I am leaving them in they jury's hands. Time will tell. But I am happy they are getting this data.

this is EVERY single starting or back up QB in the NFL their first starts.

It's about giving a guy a chance to grow, knowing he's The Guy!!

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

I disagree. He looks like a young starter to me. He is better than Fiz already

13 hours ago, drdetroit said:

We're signing a veteran or drafting another qb.  Petty will get to compete for the starter job next year

That would be SOOOOOO stupid. Compete with Hack or another draftee fine....compete with another useless veteran, no way in effing hell

Archived