Devin Smith was actiavated 5 weeks ago

AFJF

50 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Bowles said multiple times in recent weeks that Smith is "a full go".

Since being activated, he has played 2 snaps.

That is probably all he has earned to play is 2 snaps....that and they clearly have better options...

Smith will go down as another horrible Jets 2nd round bust. 

39 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

Robbie Anderson has become what Smith should have been 

So, in Jets fans' wisdom, a team can only have ONE deep threat. There should be no rush to put him on the field. I pretty much know what I have in him, ANOTHER  talented receiver.

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Overreaction thread.  He isn't fully healthy yet.  It usually takes two years to get back to full speed after an ACL tear.

Then why is he being called a "full go" while being asked to sprint the length of the field on specials?  Could have easily been IR'd with the number of receivers already on the roster.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Dude, he's not limited.  He can play.  He just hasn't regained his full explosion yet.  That will come with time.

He tore his ACL exactly one year ago.  Don't be a ******* moron.

He's a "full go" who is limited.  Got it.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

I said he's NOT limited.  He can play, but he doesn't have his pre-injury speed or quickness back yet.  Wow, you're an idiot.

So he's not limited, but he doesn't have his speed or quickness?

Why hasn't the team said as much?

Why are you being so hostile?  

Just now, AFJF said:

So he's not limited, but he doesn't have his speed or quickness?

Why hasn't the team said as much?

Why are you being so hostile?  

Because I know for a fact that he hasn't regained his explosiveness yet.  He's still getting strength back.  He can practice and play, but it takes more than a year to regain full explosion after an ACL tear.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Because I know for a fact that he hasn't regained his explosiveness yet.  He's still getting strength back.  He can practice and play, but it takes more than a year to regain full explosion after an ACL tear.

For a guy who was one of the most explosive players in the draft, shouldn't he be good enough to play a bit of offense even if it's somewhat diminished?

In all honesty, if he's only physically capable of running in a straight line to play ST's, it's kind of a waste to have him active.  Let him heal up and get right for next year.

Just now, AFJF said:

For a guy who was one of the most explosive players in the draft, shouldn't he be good enough to play a bit of offense even if it's somewhat diminished?

In all honesty, if he's only physically capable of running in a straight line to play ST's, it's kind of a waste to have him active.  Let him heal up and get right for next year.

He came back less than a year after his ACL tear.  That's pretty damn fast.

Archived