2017 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thor pulls himself, Yo limps off the field, the Mets are having the worst home-stand I've ever seen - it's safe to say this is a complete nightmare of a season.  I want to say, it will be fun when we look back and laugh at this but I'm pretty sure this season is proper ****ed already. 

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thor pulls himself, Yo limps off the field, the Mets are having the worst home-stand I've ever seen - it's safe to say this is a complete nightmare of a season.  I want to say, it will be fun when we look back and laugh at this but I'm pretty sure this season is proper ****ed already. 

At least we have the Jets...

crap

14 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

10 games out before May 1 . Is that a record ? Senor Gato must have put a spell on us .

Plenty of time left. Way to early to look at games back but if you must they are only 2.5 out of the wild card. 6 out of the division. Gotta weather the storm here. Start producing runs with out the HR and close out games. 

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Plenty of time left. Way to early to look at games back but if you must they are only 2.5 out of the wild card. 6 out of the division. Gotta weather the storm here. Start producing runs with out the HR and close out games. 

And I bet you believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny .

Here is just one small reason why Ron Darling is the best analyst in baseball today:

-Conforto up with a runner on second base, two outs,  Mets down by 1.

-Darling states that Strasburg Dows not have to give in to him

-First pitch, fastball in and tight off the plate.

-Darling states that he is setting him up for the change .

-Next pitch hard and in again.

-Darling states change is coming

-Strasburg throws change and Conforto swings over it.

-Strasburg throws change again, but this time Conforto spits at it and it is low. 3-1.

-Strasburg scuffles around the mound. Darling states that he does not know what to do now, he had a plan and it did not work.

-Next pitch is a fastball grooved by Strasburg, and Conforto pounces. 

Nice job by Ronnie.

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here is just one small reason why Ron Darling is the best analyst in baseball today:

-Conforto up with a runner on second base, two outs,  Mets down by 1.

-Darling states that Strasburg Dows not have to give in to him

-First pitch, fastball in and tight off the plate.

-Darling states that he is setting him up for the change .

-Next pitch hard and in again.

-Darling states change is coming

-Strasburg throws change and Conforto swings over it.

-Strasburg throws change again, but this time Conforto spits at it and it is low. 3-1.

-Strasburg scuffles around the mound. Darling states that he does not know what to do now, he had a plan and it did not work.

-Next pitch is a fastball grooved by Strasburg, and Conforto pounces. 

Nice job by Ronnie.

He's the best there is

Good time for Thor to have a good game tomorrow.

Jose coming around. 

Conforto digging in at the plate.

Catchers getting it done.

And last but not least: maybe Familia can get some momentum going now.

Mets should have FORCED Thor on the DL, even though he refused MRI. Tough situation for the club though.See today how long the lat keeps him out. Guys is too tough for his own good and the Mets should have forced the situation.

Despite the blow-out loss on Sunday, I thought the Mts showed more heart this weekend than they had all season.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

That sucks for you guys.  I know he wanted to get huge in the off season, but I always worry when pitchers get real bulked up.   Legs and butt for power, sure.  Upper body, sometimes doesn't work out right. 

Hopefully he comes back and is good to go.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

That sucks for you guys.  I know he wanted to get huge in the off season, but I always worry when pitchers get real bulked up.   Legs and butt for power, sure.  Upper body, sometimes doesn't work out right. 

Hopefully he comes back and is good to go.

Lesson for my son who is a pitcher and just starting to work out as a junior in HS. I am hoping as he catches on with a college program, they teach him the correct way to lift

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Lesson for my son who is a pitcher and just starting to work out as a junior in HS. I am hoping as he catches on with a college program, they teach him the correct way to lift

My best friend in HS was a pitcher.  He was not going pro, but he was the HS #2 as a sophmore, got into lifting, changed his delivery to accommodate his increase in bulk, and by the time he was a junior his elbow hurt to throw, and barely played as a senior.

Now, my HS friend is not a model for a pro athlete, but I always remember Dave Stewart and Nolan Ryan talking about Legs and big Butt.  Stewart was really big about not doing a lot of upper body lifting.

Archived