Let's Being to Resign Ourselves...

DMan77

To the Cheaters winning it all this year. I just don't know who can beat them... Especially in the AFC.

Today's game was probably not a good bellwether since the Jets didn't try... But what team in the nation can challenge them, especially at home? I just don't see it...

It burns!

Yes this game isn't indicative of who the Pats are, but man... I'm just trying to look more in-depth at their possible opponents and I just don't know... I don't see any of them beating them. Trying to see who might match up well, or who might fly into the playoffs as a hot hand... Eh...

Pittsburgh is game for an upset. 

Not sure if I'd buy the Raiders unless by some miracle they were able to steal homefield away from New England (they still can provided they win out and NE loses in Week 17 @ Miami).  The ghosts of the Tuck Rule would give me doubts the Raiders could beat them in Foxboro.

No one else in the AFC could do the task, but there are several in the NFC that are capable.  The Packers, Giants, and even the Seahawks in a "down year" would be the top bets there.  I don't think the Cowboys win the NFC. 

50 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

To the Cheaters winning it all this year. I just don't know who can beat them... Especially in the AFC.

Today's game was probably not a good bellwether since the Jets didn't try... But what team in the nation can challenge them, especially at home? I just don't see it...

It burns!

Why? They've won before

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why? They've won before

Who has won before? The Pats? 

Well sure, but I think there's always a hope that another team will pop up to give them a run, much like the Broncos last year..

And I'm just saying I don't personally see that team this year... So instead of pretending I think there's someone who can give them a run, I'm just accepting this early.

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Who has won before? The Pats? 

Well sure, but I think there's always a hope that another team will pop up to give them a run, much like the Broncos last year..

And I'm just saying I don't personally see that team this year... So instead of pretending I think there's someone who can give them a run, I'm just accepting this early.

I think they should win the AFC. Super Bowl is another matter

They're a good team across the board.  Good offense, good defense, good special teams and well coached.  However they're not immortal.  I feel like the final 4-5 teams in the playoffs comes down to a little luck, injury situations and random variables like weather bc they're all basically equivalent talent wise.

I could see Kansas City, Pittsburgh or Seattle beating them, especially with Gronk out.  But it's a coin flip when it comes down to it.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Don't count out the Raiders and Chiefs in afc even if the pats have home field.

Also, the Seahawks and Giants both in NFC have their number.

Do the Raiders and Chiefs match up well? I honestly don't know... Can either team get to Brady enough?

You guys are a bunch of jealous fools.  Really. 

Whatever minor cheating goes on,  and i almost laugh to use that term,  does not take anything away from the pats being what they are:

a well managed super dynasty. 

Yea i dont like it either but they put the beat down on every team consistently for the last decade.  

Stop posting foolishness

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

You guys are a bunch of jealous fools.  Really. 

Whatever minor cheating goes on,  and i almost laugh to use that term,  does not take anything away from the pats being what they are:

a well managed super dynasty. 

Yea i dont like it either but they put the beat down on every team consistently for the last decade.  

Stop posting foolishness

I'm really confused by your post... Are you sure you posted in the right thread? No one mentioned a thing about taking something away from the Pats in this entire thread...

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

It burns!

I think Miami will give them the toughest game out of the AFC. Maybe Oakland, but there is not much else.

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I think Miami will give them the toughest game out of the AFC. Maybe Oakland, but there is not much else.

Do they get to the QB at all? I mean they jave Suh and Wake ob the outside so that seems promising, I just dont know their stats...

51 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Do the Raiders and Chiefs match up well? I honestly don't know... Can either team get to Brady enough?

Raiders would have to win in a shootout.

Chiefs just manage to win.  I don't know how they do it but they pull stuff out of their ass

2 hours ago, DMan77 said:

It burns!

And one more year of this will avail us what, exactly?  Screw the Pats.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the dolphins can draw the texans in rnd 1 and the raiders in rnd 2, I can see them in the AFC Championship game.

I guess it feels like they should have the pass rush to make Brady's night a living hell... But I don't know if the stats say the same.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure if I'd buy the Raiders unless by some miracle they were able to steal homefield away from New England (they still can provided they win out and NE loses in Week 17 @ Miami).  The ghosts of the Tuck Rule would give me doubts the Raiders could beat them in Foxboro.

No one else in the AFC could do the task, but there are several in the NFC that are capable.  The Packers, Giants, and even the Seahawks in a "down year" would be the top bets there.  I don't think the Cowboys win the NFC. 

The Raiders can beat the Cheaters even without Carr. ( doesn't matter where the game played ).   It's actually a better matchup for them than say the Steelers would be.  They don't have the speed that the Raiders defense struggles with.

The Raiders have the offenseline ( starting their five best Olineman now - Watson in for Howard at RT) to establish the run against anyone.  ( including against the Cheaters).   They can protect Mcgloin in pass protection. The best defense is keeping the other team offense off the field. With Carr out this is a challenge for the Raiders offense line to step up , and dominate the line of scrimmage.( put the offense on your back). 

Jmo I think Amari Cooper becomes the go to Wr under Mcgloin.( Crabtree was Carr safety blanket).   The key on offense is Mcgloin protecting the football.   Mcgloins probably under 6' and suspectible to tip balls at line of scrimmage , and had tendency to telegraph his passes.( lb jumping the passing lanes).      Mcgloin protects the football , and they have more than enough weapons on offense  to move the football on the Cheaters.  The key is Musgrave designing plays that 

The Raiders pass rush versus the Cheaters offenseline. With a healthy Mario Edwards Jr ( has a couple of weeks to get in game shape) I like the Raiders chances of getting their hits on Tom Brady.  K Mack destroyed the Cheaters his rookie year( much better player today).     Bruce Irvin and K Mack going to be nightmare for the  Cheaters tackles.   ( Brady isn't going to hold it long) that's why it's paramount the Raiders get inside push.    With Mario Edwards, S McGee/ Latham  I think they have more than enough to get good  pressure up the middle Brady.     The early downs would put B Irvin on Te M Bennett.    On obvious passing downs Raiders CB Sean Smith would get the task of covering M Bennett.( has the size to matchup very well to Bennett).

There is no pressure on the Raiders . 

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Raiders can beat the Cheaters even without Carr. ( doesn't matter where the game played ).   It's actually a better matchup for them than say the Steelers would be.  They don't have the speed that the Raiders defense struggles with.

The Raiders have the offenseline ( starting their five best Olineman now - Watson in for Howard at RT) to establish the run against anyone.  ( including against the Cheaters).   They can protect Mcgloin in pass protection. The best defense is keeping the other team offense off the field. With Carr out this is a challenge for the Raiders offense line to step up , and dominate the line of scrimmage.( put the offense on your back). 

Jmo I think Amari Cooper becomes the go to Wr under Mcgloin.( Crabtree was Carr safety blanket).   The key on offense is Mcgloin protecting the football.   Mcgloins probably under 6' and suspectible to tip balls at line of scrimmage , and had tendency to telegraph his passes.( lb jumping the passing lanes).      Mcgloin protects the football , and they have more than enough weapons on offense  to move the football on the Cheaters.  The key is Musgrave designing plays that limit Mcgloin shortcomings.

The Raiders pass rush versus the Cheaters offenseline. With a healthy Mario Edwards Jr ( has a couple of weeks to get in game shape) I like the Raiders chances of getting their hits on Tom Brady.  K Mack destroyed the Cheaters his rookie year( much better player today).     Bruce Irvin and K Mack going to be nightmare for the  Cheaters tackles.   ( Brady isn't going to hold it long) that's why it's paramount the Raiders get inside push.    With Mario Edwards, S McGee/ Latham  I think they have more than enough to get good  pressure up the middle Brady.     The early downs would put B Irvin on Te M Bennett.    On obvious passing downs Raiders CB Sean Smith would get the task of covering M Bennett.( has the size to matchup very well to Bennett).

There is no pressure on the Raiders .   No one expecting anything from them without Carr. That makes them a dangerous team.   I hope the Raiders get to play the Cheaters this year. I think they have a good shot to win that game,( much better matchup than against some other teams they might see in playoffs).

42 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jmo I think Amari Cooper becomes the go to Wr under Mcgloin.( Crabtree was Carr safety blanket).   The key on offense is Mcgloin protecting the football.   Mcgloins probably under 6' and suspectible to tip balls at line of scrimmage , and had tendency to telegraph his passes.( lb jumping the passing lanes).      Mcgloin protects the football , and they have more than enough weapons on offense  to move the football on the Cheaters.  The key is Musgrave designing plays that 

I'll be rooting for that to happen.  I really wish Carr were healthy though. 

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'll be rooting for that to happen.  I really wish Carr were healthy though. 

The Raiders first have to find a way to win the Division, and get the first round bye.( Denver wins tonight that happens).  Don't think they will make it to Afc Campionship as a Wildcard.     They get the bye, and all they need to win one home game to play in Afc Championship..       Again the Raiders match up better to the Cheaters than they do against other Afc playoff teams.

On 12/25/2016 at 7:21 AM, Raideraholic said:

You have more "false equivalencies" than the Democrats did when they lost the presidential election this year.

Lets revisit your post after the Raider lose to their first round opponent.

I doubt your ridiculous hypotheses will convince anyone other than a real hater.

What a bunch of jealous fools.

3 hours ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

You have more "false equivalencies" than the Democrats did when they lost the presidential election this year.

Lets revisit your post after the Raider lose to their first round opponent.

I doubt your ridiculous hypotheses will convince anyone other than a real hater.

What a bunch of jealous fools.

Wow, how unkind can you be? There are much nicer ways to tell someone you don't agree with their hypothesis and think they're conclusions are off. But you decided to make the jump to 'jealous fools'? 

You sound foolish yourself for attacking someone and calling names like that for no real reason.

Maybe try to be nicer in 2017. Don't have such a chip on your shoulder... Not everything has to be a battle you know.

Happy New Year.

14 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Wow, how unkind can you be? There are much nicer ways to tell someone you don't agree with their hypothesis and think they're conclusions are off. But you decided to make the jump to 'jealous fools'? 

You sound foolish yourself for attacking someone and calling names like that for no real reason.

Maybe try to be nicer in 2017. Don't have such a chip on your shoulder... Not everything has to be a battle you know.

Happy New Year.

Point taken.

Perhaps you can respond how when the name P**triots is typed correctly it is displayed as Cheaters.

Also, my comments are pretty mild, yet to the point.

I am a Jets supporter, but a Pa**iots Fan.

Happy New Year from Cape Cod.

4 hours ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Point taken.

Perhaps you can respond how when the name P**triots is typed correctly it is displayed as Cheaters.

Also, my comments are pretty mild, yet to the point.

I am a Jets supporter, but a Pa**iots Fan.

Happy New Year from Cape Cod.

Cool man, thanks. 

I can't speak to why Pats shows up like that... Caught me off guard the first time I saw it too. Might be a littttttle bit much.

It's also entirely possible I just read things way harsher than they were meant to be sound, but sometimes even small insults just seem too much... It's so easy to get riled up and angry and dehumanize each other because there isn't an actual physical person in front of us that we're replying too. So it's easy for all of us (myself included) to get carried away with a quick offhand comment.

Anyway, no ill will at all. Stay warm over there!

Archived