Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Its died a slow, organic death. 

Just like the Wave and the Macarena. 

SAR I

Yes. It has been decreed. From here on out, all Jets Fans Shall remain silent and seated so as not to disturb those on their laptops and handheld devices around them during games.

Crowd noise, boisterous behavior and any and all excitement has died an inorganic, corporate , PSL induced death.

Carry on. But quietly.....

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. It has been decreed. From here on out, all Jets Fans Shall remain silent and seated so as not to disturb those on their laptops and handheld devices around them during games

Crowd noise, boisterous behavior and any and all excitement has died an inorganic, corporate , PSL induced death.

Ah, here we go again, the rich elitists are ruining Jets games.

News Flash:  31 other NFL teams don't have chants and support their teams just fine.  The Jets fans will do likewise. 

The chant was stupid to begin with, now it's just stupid and dated.  Not to mention its association with a mascot that represented fans of a by gone era.  The fans have moved on.  Not from cheering loudly.  From the stupid blue collar spelling bee.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

News Flash:  31 other NFL teams don't have chants and support their teams just fine.  The Jets fans will do likewise. 

The chant was stupid to begin with, now it's just stupid and dated.  The fans have moved on.  Not from cheering loudly.  From the stupid spelling bee.

SAR I

Most team have a chant or something they do. Go to Dolphins stadium sometime. It's ******* awful, they have a whole song. 

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1. Ah, here we go again, the rich elitists are ruining Jets games.

2.News Flash:  31 other NFL teams don't have chants and support their teams just fine.  The Jets fans will do likewise. 

3.The chant was stupid to begin with, now it's just stupid and dated.  Not to mention its association with a mascot that represented fans of a by gone era.  The fans have moved on.  Not from cheering loudly.  From the stupid spelling bee.

SAR I

1. Have no problem with wealthy folks. But pussies that want an Opera or Lion King crowd at a Football game suck. "Sit down, your shouting is scaring my child!....How am I supposed to text and take selfies with all of this noise?". LOL

2. Wrong. And no, Jets "fans" don't and haven't. 

3. That makes zero sense. "Our traditional tradition was too traditional, so it had to end". WTF. 

MetLife sucks, and so does the crowd, good or bad. Own it. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Most team have a chant or something they do. Go to Dolphins stadium sometime. It's ******* awful, they have a whole song. 

I know the song, it's brutal, but no one sings it.  It's a hokey 1960's thing, it's kitschy,  it's not something they all do in unison as the TV cameras roll.

SAR I

I know the song, it's brutal, but no one sings it.  It's a hokey 1960's thing, it's kitschy,  it's not something they all do in unison as the TV cameras roll.

SAR I

Go Pack, Go!!!

In-com-plete!!

First! Down!

E-A-G-L-E-S!!  Eagles!

De! Fense!!

I could go on and on with examples. But why. I mean, you DO have a $17,000 watch....lol

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

1. Have no problem with wealthy folks. But pussies that want an Opera or Lion King crowd at a Football game suck.

2. Wrong, and no, Jets "fans" don't and haven't.

3. That makes zero sense. "Our traditional tradition was too traditional, so it had to end". WTF.

MetLife sucks, and so does the crowd. Own it.

1.  You must not spend any time at MetLife Stadium because I've never seen any opera types there, ever. 

2.  We don't need a chant.  As evidenced last season and this season, we've moved on, we have better things to do.

3.  Your "tradition" wasn't a tradition.  It was a bunch of drunks celebrating a touchdown in a stupid way.  There are far fewer drunks in the stadium now, and people don't need Fireman Ed's "your disappointing me" face anymore.  It was condescending and rude.

4.  MetLife is a great stadium as are the fans in it.  If the end result of a new generation of fans not into burping farting tailgating drunkenness is that the chant dies, that works for me.  Collateral damage to a larger problem.

In it's 1990's heyday, the chant was a charming quirk of Jets fandom.  But those fans who were in their 40's and 50's back then are in their 60's and 70's now, they don't attend games.  An entirely new generation of fans inhabit MetLife Stadium now.  We are younger, we are smarter, we don't drink, we have families, and we choose to go to games for a different reason-  we go to games to watch the games, not to get drunk and party.  That generation is at home on the couch with the grandchildren now.  The current generation has different values.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That's another Miami dolphin first down isn't much better. 

For the record, I abhor our "and that is a Jets.....first down!".  It's awful.

Part of the reason the chant died is because the PA announcer at MetLife Stadium is under orders to fill every second of downtime with commercials, song votes, helmet races, PC Richards whistles, Jets calendar ads, garbage can tosses, death metal music, you name it.  The constant bombardment to our senses is actually tiresome, it really drains the energy from the crowd when the only time you can have a quick conversation with the guy next to you is during the game because the TV timeouts are such an assault on the ears.  And then you have the incessant crowd begging.  You've got the scoreboard asking us to make noise, player videos asking us to get up, you have announcers asking us to applaud soldiers and police officers, we are constantly being asked to do things and having some bozo with a license plate around his neck ask us to do a spelling bee, well, we don't want to.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Part of the reason the chant died is because the PA announcer at MetLife Stadium is under orders to fill every second of downtime with commercials, song votes, helmet races, PC Richards whistles, Jets calendar ads, garbage can tosses, death metal music, you name it.  The constant bombardment to our senses is actually tiresome, it really drains the energy from the crowd when the only time you can have a quick conversation with the guy next to you is during the game because the TV timeouts are such an assault on the ears.  And then you have the incessant crowd begging.  You've got the scoreboard asking us to make noise, player videos asking us to get up, you have announcers asking us to applaud soldiers and police officers, we are constantly being asked to do things and having some bozo with a license plate around his neck ask us to do a spelling bee, well, we don't want to.

SAR I

I get it. I just figured it was a good opportunity to bash the Dolphins. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I get it. I just figured it was a good opportunity to bash the Dolphins. 

Agreed.

Hey, the easiest way to bash the Dolphins is on attendance.  Their fans simply don't show at games.  It's really pathetic down there.  What we saw today at MetLife is typical of every Dolphins game, even in seasons where they are competitive.

SAR I

Agreed.

Hey, the easiest way to bash the Dolphins is on attendance.  Their fans simply don't show at games.  It's really pathetic down there.  What we saw today at MetLife is typical of every Dolphins game, even in seasons where they are competitive.

SAR I

Their excuse is the weather is good and there's so much to do. 

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  You must not spend any time at MetLife Stadium because I've never seen any opera types there, ever. 

2.  We don't need a chant.  As evidenced last season and this season, we've moved on, we have better things to do.

3.  You "tradition" wasn't a tradition.  It was a bunch of drunks celebrating a touchdown in a stupid way.  There are far fewer drunks in the stadium now, and people don't need Fireman Ed's "your disappointing me" face anymore.  It was condescending and rude.

4.  MetLife is a great stadium as are the fans in it.  If the end result of a new generation of fans not into burping farting tailgating drunkenness is that the chant dies, that works for me.  Collateral damage to a larger problem.

In it's 1990's heyday, the chant was a charming quirk of Jets fandom.  But those fans who were in their 40's and 50's back then are in their 60's and 70's now, they don't attend games.  An entirely new generation of fans inhabit MetLife Stadium now.  We are younger, we are smarter, we don't drink, we have families, and we choose to go to games for a different reason-  we go to games to watch the games, not to get drunk and party.  That generation is at home on the couch with the grandchildren now.  The current generation has different values.

SAR I

LOL.

Nice bubble you live in. That's why the Jets crowd is a joke and the Jets have zero home field advantage. It's not about drunks, or fighting, or being forced to hobnob with the hoi polloi for such exhaulted personages as yourself, and it never was to 85% of Jets fans (or the vast majority of Sports Fans). Its about shared comraderie, team and City Spirit, and vocally and physically trying to energize the guys you root for and help them as a home crowd. I've been to plenty of Jets home games, old and new stadium. The new place is lifeless and dull. The crowd is a shell of its old self, and an air raid siren (which is now heard in every stadium in The NFL) is no substitute for a home crowd.

Don't misunderstand me, when the team is crap as it is now, I understand a quieter showing but yes, the the Jets crowd if "younger, smarter (lol)" fans is listless and bereft of anything close to an advantage. 

Those aren't "fans". Those are observers.

The same affluent, smart, young fans in Seattle, Kansas City, Denver, and others across the NFL seem to still be able to have a raucous good time rooting for the home team. I guess our current generation of "Jets Fans" are simply ahead of the curve with the "apathetic observation while maintaining a cone of silence for our delicate snowflake children" style you seem to favor. 

But I agree with you on the commercials/whistles/fancam nonsense. The attention span of the modern human is a travesty.

This is fun.

"Iiiiiiiiiittttttttttt iiiiiiiiiissssssssss tttttthhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrddddddddd ddddddooooooowwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn..........................and 1."

I was there yesterday.  I love our stadium.  It is fookin' awesome on the inside.  Outside looks a little like an AC, but looks nice when lit up green.

Sat in clubs on Jets side.  My seats are in 135 on the other side.  Sun side was interesting on Jan 1.  It was WARM.  I swear I could have sat in a t-shirt.  I was almost sweaty in a jacket.  That was nice in Jan.  But the glare was bright.  Had to cover my eyes.

My wife got this filet mignon with mushrooms and cheese thing from the carvery inside.  It looked amazing.  Cost $20 plus $5 for a water, but looked amazing.  Got 15% off with my auto-reloading Jets rewards card on a Mastercard.  Going to games is expensive, but 15% off everything is nice.  One side note - my kid gets 2 Mrs. Fields cookies for $6 (minus my 15% off).  Was at a Devils game last week.  Same 2 cookies cost $7.

I was happy with the win.  Draft position be damned - you go to a game, you want to f'ing win.  Come on!!

Being in the Mezz vs. the LL, you REALLY notice the noise of all the crap they play all game.  The speakers are right behind you.  Hard to even talk....constant noise they play all game.

Lastly, where the hell did they find that iiiiittttt iiiiissss 33333rrrrdddd dddddooooowwwwwnnnnn dude?  How does one self-identify as being good as that?  How did the Jets learn they wanted that?  Was that guy home in his basement a few years ago doing those elongated calls by his lonesome?  I must know.

Happy New Year, everyone!  I've been off two weeks.  Tuesday is gonna SUCK!!!!

On a third and long, late second q, I said to my wife "normally, this would be huge play, and crowd would be nuts.  Now, look, it's that one dude standing" (I pointed to the one dude in our section who was standing and yelling).

It's what happens when you suck.  I have been in our old stadium and our new one when it's loud.  This year, we sucked.  And yesterday it was appropriately quiet.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I think season tickets are now on sale for Princeton Fencing. 

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. It has been decreed. From here on out, all Jets Fans Shall remain silent and seated so as not to disturb those on their laptops and handheld devices around them during games.

images.png

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The chant was stupid to begin with, now it's just stupid and dated.  Not to mention its association with a mascot that represented fans of a by gone era.  The fans have moved on.  Not from cheering loudly.  From the stupid blue collar spelling bee.

SAR I

Eagles have their own chant, Denver has the stupid In-Com-Plete chant, Packers have go pack go, Hail to the Redskins, colts and ravens both have fight songs... Many teams have their own chant

Only way the J-E-T-S chant lives again is if Fireman Ed comes back the new guy Scott nice try but not getting the job done. 

Missed the chant yesterday.

Whats far worse is Joe Nolan screaming like someone is stepping on his nut sack so annoying I thought I was at a Rutgers game yesterday. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Only way the J-E-T-S chant lives again is if Fireman Ed comes back the new guy Scott nice try but not getting the job done. 

Whats far worse is Joe Nolan screaming like someone is stepping on his nut sack so annoying I thought I was at a Rutgers game yesterday. 

We actually scored, couldn't be at a Rutgers game.:D

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR says the Jets won't be competitive for another 10 years.  Don't think Eddie's climbing back on his brother's shoulders when he's 67.

As I live out of state, I don't go to Met Life that often, but I love the Jets chant. Actually, it was some much fun to do it in Miami and the good old days at Sullivan Stadium (before Gillette) when the Pats sucked and mostly Jet fans went to the games.

I also remember Jason Taylor complaining that he hated the chant and it was even worse when he had to listen to it in Miami.

Maybe the chant is gone as there isn't much worth chanting over :-)

The crowd yesterday was very subdued the loyal season ticket holders in attendance were tired and aggravated and most seemed happy it was all over. 

The fans I talked to were bitter about the opposing teams fans inundating our stadium weekly and the fans who really arent Jets fans and just in seats to go to a football game.

I saw many fans who didnt have a stitch of Jets clothing on they spent most of the game on their phones and taking selfies and really could careless what was going on, only times they showed any emotion was when the guys shot t-shirts into the crowd which reminds me of minor league baseball games. 

The crowd has changed the atmosphere has changed and for the diehards who are left i hope that all changes once the team starts winning. 

I missed Fireman Ed and the J-E-T-S chant yesterday. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The crowd yesterday was very subdued the loyal season ticket holders in attendance were tired and aggravated and most seemed happy it was all over. 

The fans I talked to were bitter about the opposing teams fans inundating our stadium weekly and the fans who really arent Jets fans and just in seats to go to a football game.

I saw many fans who didnt have a stitch of Jets clothing on they spent most of the game on their phones and taking selfies and really could careless what was going on, only times they showed any emotion was when the guys shot t-shirts into the crowd which reminds me of minor league baseball games. 

The crowd has changed the atmosphere has changed and for the diehards who are left i hope that all changes once the team starts winning. 

I missed Fireman Ed and the J-E-T-S chant yesterday. 

You didn't like the nice head band we got?

Archived