Combine Rumor: Jets to make big push for Glennon

RutgersJetFan

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yet.

Less than 15 mil a year?  Interesting, we'll see.

Except I'm not wrong, in any way.  

Did Tampa bench Glennon?  Yes.  Did the play mega-JAG McCown over Glennon?  Yes.  Did they immediately draft a QB they thought was much better than Glennon?  Yes.  Did that player easily beat out Glennon for the job?  Yes.  By all means, tell me where I've been "wrong".  

Tampa sees Glennon as a career backup QB at best and that well documented by the available evidence.

But as I say, if you think he's more, we'll soon find out.

You were wrong about what you thought I said when I didn't say it. That you were wrong about. So you are not not wrong in anyway, you are indeed wrong. Wrong in some way, is different than not wrong in anyway.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maxman said:

You were wrong about what you thought I said when I didn't say it. That you were wrong about.

Lol, right.

So lets make it clear then Maxy.  Please read the following and tell me if you think it's accurate or false.  If False, please tell me exactly why it is.

The Bucks knew Glennon was not a Franchise QB and never would be, so when the chance to get a legit franchise QB prospect arose, that risk was still better than sticking with a guy they knew wasn't a franchise QB?

If this is not accurate, why did Tampa Bay, with a Franchise QB in Glennon on the Roster, select and immediately replace that Franchise QB with a draft pick (always a crapshoot).

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You were wrong about what you thought I said when I didn't say it. That you were wrong about. So you are not not wrong in anyway, you are indeed wrong. Wrong in some way, is different than not wrong in anyway.

I also don't recall anyone beating Glennon out for the job. I recall both guys being handed the job without having to compete for it. So no one "easily" beat out Glennon for the job, both guys were given the job. McCown was a mistake, Winston wasn't. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I also don't recall anyone beating Glennon out for the job. I recall both guys being handed the job without having to compete for it. 

Ah, so the team thought so little of Glennon, they didn't even give him a chance to compete against a rookie draft pick.

Yep, pretty damn clear Tampa saw, and still sees, Glennon as a career backup QB.  

Just now, nyjbuddy said:

I wanted Glennon, but losing out on him isn't a big deal. But if we turn our attention to guys lie Cutler/Taylor THEN I'll be annoyed. Taylor is not good enough to take this team to a SB, but is good enough to win 5-8 games and cost us a chance at a franchise QB in next years draft. 

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ah, so the team thought so little of Glennon, they didn't even give him a chance to compete against a rookie draft pick.

Yep, pretty damn clear Tampa saw, and still sees, Glennon as a career backup QB.  

Never thought much of the Bucs front office when it comes to how they view their QB's anyway. Glennon will probably end up being the 3rd qb they drafted that won a chip with another team. 

That's like someone saying Tyrod Taylor is a stupid signing to become your starter because all Baltimore ever saw him as was a backup. 

You can make the argument that he's better today than the qb he sat behind. So again, Glennon didn't lose a competition for the starting spot, and just like Taylor, he can prove that he's worthy of being more than a backup on his former team

Will be interesting to see what the actual numbers are. I'd have been fine with picking him up to take a shot in the dark as long as we also drafted another QB (one who wouldn't take 3 years to just to justify seeing on the field).  The numbers discussed are (and have been) unattractive, but this team is going nowhere this year anyway. 

Hopefully we don't waste the year anyway by treading water with Brian Hoyer or similar (just because he's cheap), plus our two projects, to fill out our 2017 trio. 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Will be interesting to see what the actual numbers are. I'd have been fine with picking him up to take a shot in the dark as long as we also drafted another QB (one who wouldn't take 3 years to just to justify seeing on the field).  The numbers discussed are (and have been) unattractive, but this team is going nowhere this year anyway. 

Hopefully we don't waste the year anyway by treading water with Brian Hoyer or similar (just because he's cheap), plus our two projects, to fill out our 2017 trio. 

I heard the jets are looking into Chase Daniel. 

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Good.  I am glad this how Glennon played out.  They were interested and pulled out when the price got too high.  That is what should have happened with the bearded wonder last year. 

Totally agree with this.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

i am encouraged that mccags wouldn't spend a lot for glennon.  with all the cuts he's made it wouldn't make sense.  this truly seems like mccags is willing to rebuild correctly.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I also don't recall anyone beating Glennon out for the job. I recall both guys being handed the job without having to compete for it. So no one "easily" beat out Glennon for the job, both guys were given the job. McCown was a mistake, Winston wasn't. 

Well, to be fair, he started in 2014 when McCown got hurt.  They didn't just give the job back to McCown, but waited until Glennon had officially sucked before going back to McCown.  

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i am encouraged that mccags wouldn't spend a lot for glennon.  with all the cuts he's made it wouldn't make sense.  this truly seems like mccags is willing to rebuild correctly.

I don't see how the first sentence implies either of the next two. I doubt we're going to agree on this, but to date he's shown more willingness to build incorrectly than correctly. Free agency hasn't started yet, and Glennon hasn't yet signed with a non-Jets team, so let's see what he actually does before crediting him with successful moves (or smart non-moves).

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't see how the first sentence implies either of the next two. I doubt we're going to agree on this, but to date he's shown more willingness to build incorrectly than correctly. Free agency hasn't started yet, and Glennon hasn't yet signed with a non-Jets team, so let's see what he actually does before crediting him with successful moves (or smart non-moves).

i wouldn't have seen the logic in freeing up lots of cap space and then giving 15 mil per year to glennon.  his upside isn't that high, and it would signal they're still trying to band-aid the qb position.  if they could get him cheap, that would be ok.  but i wouldn't see the point in cleaning house only to throw a lot of money at someone who hasn't played the past 2 seasons.  

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, to be fair, he started in 2014 when McCown got hurt.  They didn't just give the job back to McCown, but waited until Glennon had officially sucked before going back to McCown.  

To be fair, he didn't officially suck. When McCown recovered Lovie gave the starting job back to McCown. Glennon never lost his starting role due to personal performance, it was always given to someone else by the coach who wanted nothing to do with a qb he didn't bring in himself. Also, if Glennon sucked so bad the in week 17 Lovie would have seen it as a smart move to put in the suckier Glennon in order to secure the #1 spot in the draft. Lovie decided to stick with the qb he knew had a better chance of losing that game...which was his starter.

It's clear the relationship Lovie had with Glennon.

28 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mac will be getting coffee with Idzik for the Jags FO a year from now

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

To be fair, he didn't officially suck. When McCown recovered Lovie gave the starting job back to McCown. Glennon never lost his starting role due to personal performance, it was always given to someone else by the coach who wanted nothing to do with a qb he didn't bring in himself. Also, if Glennon sucked so bad the in week 17 Lovie would have seen it as a smart move to put in the suckier Glennon in order to secure the #1 spot in the draft. Lovie decided to stick with the qb he knew had a better chance of losing that game...which was his starter.

Lovie is the greatest evaluator of the QB position evah bra

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

McCown was ready to play at least a couple of weeks before they went back to him.  Glennon put up sub-20 points 3 weeks straight. I'm not saying McCown was better, but that I disagree with the bold. 

6 hours ago, thadude said:

Well ya Winston wasn't the best Qb prospect to come out of college in 5 years or nothing 

And the Bucs offered Glennon a huge contract extension.  They must really think he sucks

You keep harping on the same bullspit over and over. They still replaced Glennon with Winston. Even though they had concerns over his conditioning and their doubts about his ability to run a pro style offense they still named him the starting QB BEFORE training camp. No competition in Training camp. This was all documented in the article I posted the last time you came up with the tired old one line argument again. Over a guy with 2 years in the league and 1 year starting. AN UNPROVEN ROOKIE WITH TREMENDOUS upside is not named the starter over a starting 1st team NFL QB. It just doesn't happen. Unless they have no confidence in that QB.

They offered him a one year deal for 7 mil. Stop trying to make it sound like they offered him multiple years for a ton of money. They also knew he WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT because some fool team is going to double that in FA. It's called reading between the lines. Unless one of those lines has "He Sucks" in it I beginning to think you don't understand them.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

You keep harping on the same bullspit over and over. They still replaced Glennon with Winston. Even though they had concerns over his conditioning and their doubts about his ability to run a pro style offense they still named him the starting QB BEFORE training camp. No competition in Training camp. This was all documented in the article I posted the last time you came up with the tired old one line argument again. Over a guy with 2 years in the league and 1 year starting. AN UNPROVEN ROOKIE WITH TREMENDOUS upside is not named the starter over a starting 1st team NFL QB. It just doesn't happen. Unless they have no confidence in that QB.

They offered him a one year deal for 7 mil. Stop trying to make it sound like they offered him multiple years for a ton of money. They also knew he WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT because some fool team is going to double that in FA. It's called reading between the lines. Unless one of those lines has "He Sucks" in it I beginning to think you don't understand them.

I keep harping the same bullspit because it's absolutely true

--Petty blows

--hack blows way harder

--Glennon would be our first good qb since Vinny in 1998

--there's a slim chance we successfully tank for Darnold

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

McCown was ready to play at least a couple of weeks before they went back to him.  Glennon put up sub-20 points 3 weeks straight. I'm not saying McCown was better, but that I disagree with the bold. 

Now compare that to petty who couldn't even complete a pass his last game and has thrown more than twice as many picks as TD's

30 minutes ago, thadude said:

I keep harping the same bullspit because it's absolutely true

--Petty blows

--hack blows way harder

--Glennon would be our first good qb since Vinny in 1998

--there's a slim chance we successfully tank for Darnold

You forgot to say "He sucks".

Archived