Combine Rumor: Jets to make big push for Glennon

RutgersJetFan

I just read that the Jets don't think Glennon is worth $14m+ and that Glennon's preferred landing spot is Chicago.

So, basically Glennon's agent wants to see if he can get $15m from the Jets.

No thanks.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AFJF said:

One guy doesn't know how to throw a football, the other threw 2 TD's and 7 INT's in year 2.  It's not even close.

I get that you want Glennon, but don't construct sh*tty @Villain The Foe arguments to make your point. It invalidates it. Just say you want him. It's good. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I get that you want Glennon, but don't construct sh*tty @Villain The Foe arguments to make your point. It invalidates it. Just say you want him. It's good. 

Yeah, I'm really going out on a limb suggesting he's better than Hack and Petty.  

If all 3 of those guys hit free agency this week, I'd venture to guess nobody offers Hack or Petty $12+ mil and a starting job.

Just now, AFJF said:

Yeah, I'm really going out on a limb suggesting he's better than Hack and Petty.  

If all 3 of those guys hit free agency this week, I'd venture to guess nobody offers Hack or Petty $12+ mil and a starting job.

Hack could get a gig in canada

Might need to after next season when both Mac and Bowles are fired and the new regime cuts him

Just now, AFJF said:

There's a difference between suggesting he's better, and that other gibberish point you tried to make. You know I'm right. 

You last sentence is hypothetical, unprovable and ignores that Glennon has more experience. This argument is on par with the crap that nyjunc hurls around the site.

Do better.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

There's a difference between suggesting he's better, and that other gibberish point you tried to make. You know I'm right. 

You last sentence is hypothetical, unprovable and ignores that Glennon has more experience. This argument is on par with the crap that nyjunc hurls around the site.

Do better.

No.  You're wrong, and again, it's not even close.  

Hack can't throw a football.

Petty threw 2 TD's (oh, and his hook and ladder TD to Marshall) and 7 INT's in year 2.

As a rookie, Glennon threw 19 TD's to 9 INT's.

Now you're just trolling.  

Enjoy free agency.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I just read that the Jets don't think Glennon is worth $14m+ and that Glennon's preferred landing spot is Chicago.

So, basically Glennon's agent wants to see if he can get $15m from the Jets.

No thanks.

Yep.  Glennon's agent is trying to create a market.  

56 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Petty threw 2 TD's (oh, and his hook and ladder TD to Marshall) and 7 INT's in year 2.

Enjoy free agency.

Of course I'm trolling, because the initial post you made was absurd and merits nothing more than trolling. Like I said, if you want the guy, just say so. It's the same EXACT thing I said to Villain last year about Geno. Don't fabricate nonsense, or be mellowdramatic. You've done both. 

Just say you want the guy as a Jet, and stick to that. Hyperbole and hypotheticals will be routinely plucked apart.

51 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My face if we sign him. 

moneyball.gif

:-) 

And yes, im on the phone with @AFJF

For short money? 

35 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yep.  Glennon's agent is trying to create a market.  

It's pretty apparent....

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Welp @AFJF It may not happen my friend. 

Who is that person making the tweet? He's got like 800 followers... I'd wait until it's reported by someone legit. 

If true, sorry. I know you guys want him. I wouldn't mind, just not at the salary he's going to get.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Who is that person making the tweet? He's got like 800 followers... I'd wait until it's reported by someone legit. 

If true, sorry. I know you guys want him. I wouldn't mind, just not at the salary he's going to get.

It's weird. When I copy the link its as if im copying an Ian Rappaport tweet, but whe it posts its under a different name. Disregard. 

WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE! lmao. 

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

I'm sure Hack was much better than Glennon in High School, too. 

Fact is, Glennon played and played well as a rookie in the NFL.  Hack was treated like a top secret asset vital to national security...nobody was allowed to see him.

I still hold out hope that Hack will be great, but every time I try to think of an NFL great who needed  a couple of years to learn how to throw the ball, nobody comes to mind.

Obsessed?  Probably.  After 30 years of bum QB's, I'm pretty hooked on the idea of a young QB who is ready to play tomorrow and has shown that he can play well against elite defenses despite a garbage supporting cast.

But, I'm sure it'll be Cutler, Hoyer or Geno...because, Jets.

VJax and Mike Evans both went over 1,000 yards and caught a combined 14 TD's his 2nd year in the league while he was getting benched for Josh McCown. 

We're dodging a bullet here if he signs with the Bears.  You would have thought Jets fans have learned their lesson after the Fitz infatuation.  You dont sign career back ups and other teams garbage to big contracts.  

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Enjoy free agency.

The TD:int ratio is really his best stat, which is why I guess it gets thrown around here so much. His YPA is rather paltry, and he takes a lot of sacks. He's rushed for all of 86 yards over the course of his career, which kinda makes Tom Brady look like Bo Jackson. He should basically be a poor man's Alex Smith, except he expects to make something in the $15M/year range. The only way you give him that kinda money is if you believe he can be much better than he's been so far. 

I'd've been happy to trade the Hackenberg pick for Glennon and give him a year's tryout on the last year of his rookie deal, but handing him something like $30M guaranteed just doesn't feel smart to me at all. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Oh stop.

The Bucs had the first pick in the draft and a franchise QB was there, so they took him. Lovie Smith was on a short leash and had to go with the sure thing.

So you're saying the Bucks knew Glennon was not a Franchise QB and never would be, so when the chance to get a legit franchise QB prospect arose, that risk was still better than sticking with a guy they knew wasn't a franchise QB?

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So you're saying the Bucks knew Glennon was not a Franchise QB and never would be, so when the chance to get a legit franchise QB prospect arose, that risk was still better than sticking with a guy they knew wasn't a franchise QB?

If that is what I said, then the words I typed would have been similar to yours. Troll attempt fail.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

If that is what I said, then the words I typed would have been similar to yours. Troll attempt fail.

Lol

54 minutes ago, slats said:

The TD:int ratio is really his best stat, which is why I guess it gets thrown around here so much. His YPA is rather paltry, and he takes a lot of sacks. He's rushed for all of 86 yards over the course of his career, which kinda makes Tom Brady look like Bo Jackson. He should basically be a poor man's Alex Smith, except he expects to make something in the $15M/year range. The only way you give him that kinda money is if you believe he can be much better than he's been so far. 

I'd've been happy to trade the Hackenberg pick for Glennon and give him a year's tryout on the last year of his rookie deal, but handing him something like $30M guaranteed just doesn't feel smart to me at all. 

Man that would have been such a better road for them to travel down. Overpay via the draft, since they miss so often anyway.

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There you go, putting words in people's mouths again...

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No trolling here.  The things you said can be interpreted, rather easily in fact, to mean the things I said.

Clearly, Tampa sees Glennon as an at-best career backup QB, and nearly always has.  You can make excuses, but the thing you point out, like drafting Winston, don't happen if Glennon is seen as a equivalent franchise-level QB.

Not sure why you get worked up over that fact.  How Tampa sees Glennon really isn't even debatable on the facts of the case.  If you think he's more that a backup, you'll get the chance to be proven right/wrong, because as I've said, someone is going to give him 15 million a year for multiple years to play QB.  I just hope it's not us.

I thought you preferred Tyrod anyway?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No trolling here.  The things you said can be interpreted, rather easily in fact, to mean the things I said.

Clearly, Tampa sees Glennon as an at-best Backup QB, and nearly always has.

Not sure why you get worked up over that fact.  If you think he's more, you'll get the chance to be proven right/wrong, because as I've said, someone is going to give him 15 million a year for multiple years to play QB.  I hope it's not us.

I thought you preferred Tyrod anyway?

Tyrod isn't a free agent. I have said all along that I think he is the safer bet. And I think he will be less expensive.

Not sure why you would say I was getting worked up. I simply pointed out that you were wrong. You typed a few sentences asking if that is what I meant, and I said no. I don't get worked up pointing out when you are wrong.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Tyrod isn't a free agent.

Yet.

I have said all along that I think he is the safer bet. And I think he will be less expensive.

Less than 15 mil a year?  Interesting, we'll see.

Not sure why you would say I was getting worked up. I simply pointed out that you were wrong.

Except I'm not wrong, in any way.  

Did Tampa bench Glennon?  Yes.  Did the play mega-JAG McCown over Glennon?  Yes.  Did they immediately draft a QB they thought was much better than Glennon?  Yes.  Did that player easily beat out Glennon for the job?  Yes.  By all means, tell me where I've been "wrong".  

Tampa sees Glennon as a career backup QB at best and that well documented by the available evidence.  If you think you have a Franchise QB already on your roster on a rookie contract, you don't draft a QB.

But as I say, if you think he's more, we'll soon find out.

Archived