Brandon Marshall signs two year deal with the Giants

Matt39

Given BM's history he'll be good for one season, probably all the Giants are planning for.  If they're winning, he'll behave.  I can see a situation in which OBJ has a bit of moment, BM tries talking to him, and OBJ just isn't having it.  We'll see though.  

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Evidence?  Do mature guys play GM all off-season?  Fall in love with whatever QB they have?  Argue with their handpicked QB on the sidelines?  Get in fights with defensive tackles? Taunt the team by giving speeches while not performing themselves?  Enunwa said his message wasn't coming across right.  Bowles called him volatile. The fact he can wear a suit on Showtime does not equate with mature in my book.  This is the same sh*t we saw at his other stops.

There are slugs in the Jets clubhouse who have zero passion, don't care (especially 1 who already got his payday), and who flout authority.  Any player who steps up to try to get things back in order is the "bad" one.  Try focusing your venom where it belongs... on the slugs who continually disrupt the clubhouse and throw roadblocks in front of any type of leadership by the coaches or other players.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

not even close.  Your hatred of Marshall is irrational.  What we saw was very different.  You have slugs in the Jets clubhouse who have zero passion, don't care (especially 1 who already got his payday), and who flout authority.  Any player who steps up to try to get things back in order is the "bad" one.  Try focusing your venom where it belongs... on the slugs who continually disrupt the clubhouse and throw roadblocks in front of any type of leadership by the coaches or other players.  

Truly impossible that any blame should be placed on the guy who's been dumped by four different teams.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Truly impossible that any blame should be placed on the guy who's been dumped by four different teams.

You use that like a crutch, while ignoring the obvious problems in that clubhouse.  Hint: look to the defense.  There's where your clubhouse problems and lack of leadership start.

Just now, Dcat said:

You use that like a crutch, while ignoring the obvious problems in that clubhouse.  Hint: look to the defense.  There's where your clubhouse problems and lack of leadership start.

What about the other three clubhouses?

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What about the other three clubhouses?

Don't care. And Chicago doesn't count.  They all HATE Cutler. :)   Marshall's early years (before the bi-polar diagnosis and meds) are irrelevant to his Jets years.  Marshall was motivated and wants a ring and is a hard worker.  And he had little patience for the bullspit going on in the Jets clubhouse, which Bowles freely allows.  I'm glad someone like Marshall stepped up and challenged the arrogance of Richardson, Mo and the disinterest displayed by Revis.  Good for him.  But with no leadership from the team's own headcoach to support any leadership attempted by a player, the results were never going to be good on that issue.  And you watch... the clubhouse disharmony will only get worse this coming season with Bowles letting the slugs get away with anything and everything.  All while the Giants coast to success.  All they need is some OL help and a RB and they are set for the next 2 years.

Just now, Dcat said:

Don't care. And Chicago doesn't count.  They all HATE Cutler. :)   Marshall's early years (before the bi-polar diagnosis and meds) are irrelevant to his Jets years.  Marshall was motivated and wants a ring and is a hard worker.  And he had little patience for the bullspit going on in the Jets clubhouse, which Bowles freely allows.  I'm glad someone like Marshall stepped up and challenged the arrogance of Richardson, Mo and the disinterest displayed by Revis.  Good for him.  But with no leadership from the team's own headcoach to support any leadership attempted by a player, the results were never going to be good on that issue.  And you watch... the clubhouse disharmony will only get worse this coming season with Bowles letting the slugs get away with anything and everything.  All while the Giants coast to success.  All they need is some OL help and a RB and they are set for the next 2 years.

totes magotes

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Good for him. Seemed like at time he was the only one who gave a crap about this team.

pretty much.  Yet, a small minority of Jets fans think HE was the problem!  LMFAO..  clueless!

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can't believe that some people here don't realize just who the negative forces are in the Jets' locker room.  It wasn't Marshall.  It was Wilk and Richardson, along with a completely disinterested Revis. 

9FB746AD-CBED-46ED-988D-7E15D88789AD_zps

You forgot one.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

good point.  much as marshall is a beast and was probably the only receiver the defenses worried about, he has caused problems wherever he's played.  it's just his nature.  good luck to him as a giant.

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'd add pryor to this line up and marshall.  but i'd also remove revis.  revis is just revis.  i don't see him as the type who got in anyone's business.

Probably not in someone's business, but Revis disrupted the locker room with his I'm a retired quitter attitude.  Actions (or inaction) can be worse than words.

SAR I

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Remember how terrible the locker room was with Mo and Sheldon before Marshall?  Yeah, me either. I wonder what changed? 

(Gary Myers, Daily News, Chimes in:)

John Mara owes Woody Johnson dinner. Jerry Reese should send Mike Maccagnan a gift card to his favorite coffee house. The appropriate present from Ben McAdoo to Todd Bowles is a collection of every song Gladys Knight, his favorite artist, ever recorded.

One more thing: Eli Manning should take out a full-page ad in the Daily News thanking the Jets for being so dysfunctional.

Brandon Marshall is a perfect 6-foot-4 fit for the Giants. They are now serious Super Bowl contenders. They are all-in trying to take advantage of what should be two more quality years from Manning.

He became a better quarterback in 2005 when Plaxico Burress, 6-5 with a gigantic wingspan, was signed as a free agent and began snatching Manning’s wayward passes headed for the third row and turning them into 20-yard completions and touchdowns. He was unstoppable on fade passes in the end zone.

Marshall is Plaxico 2.0.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

(Gary Myers, Daily News, Chimes in:)

John Mara owes Woody Johnson dinner. Jerry Reese should send Mike Maccagnan a gift card to his favorite coffee house. The appropriate present from Ben McAdoo to Todd Bowles is a collection of every song Gladys Knight, his favorite artist, ever recorded.

One more thing: Eli Manning should take out a full-page ad in the Daily News thanking the Jets for being so dysfunctional.

Brandon Marshall is a perfect 6-foot-4 fit for the Giants. They are now serious Super Bowl contenders. They are all-in trying to take advantage of what should be two more quality years from Manning.

He became a better quarterback in 2005 when Plaxico Burress, 6-5 with a gigantic wingspan, was signed as a free agent and began snatching Manning’s wayward passes headed for the third row and turning them into 20-yard completions and touchdowns. He was unstoppable on fade passes in the end zone.

Marshall is Plaxico 2.0.

SAR I

lmfao

Lmaoo the way everyone acting u would think Brandon Marshall was 26 years old coming off a big year sheesh but  The Giants signed him so media gotta hype it .. 

when we traded for him all we heard was he isn't the same player anymore lol

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

He has not signed with them yet he has just agreed to terms. He will sign the contract on the 9th.

He probably already signed.  As pointed out to me a few times in this thread, he was cut.  Therefore he could be signed.  The reason you have to wait until the 9th is because that is the day the new league year starts and contracts expire.  The Jets terminated Marshall's contract, so no need to wait.  

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He probably already signed.  As pointed out to me a few times in this thread, he was cut.  Therefore he could be signed.  The reason you have to wait until the 9th is because that is the day the new league year starts and contracts expire.  The Jets terminated Marshall's contract, so no need to wait.  

Just now, hawk said:

Marshall was released.  His contract didn't expire.

Help

46 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

This makes the Giants significantly better.  Anyone who says otherwise is just a plain hater.

usatsi_8980433.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

He sucks!  No way guys like Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg could have used this bum.

SAR I

Archived