Who was the bigger bust Gholston or Dion Jordan?

Beerfish

55 minutes ago, Powpow said:

We must hold the record for the highest draft busts ever.  Johnny Lam Jones, Browning Nagle, Blair Thomas, Lageman, Kyle Brady, Gholston ugggghh I need a Tylenol.

Sorry Pow but Lageman does not belong in that group.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Know what I remember about that?  All the reasons these guys used to justify getting Jordan = all the reasons that were used to justify getting Darron Lee last year.

Sure he is small but he is fast!  He can cover LBs. TES!, He will be a play maker at the next level even if he had little play making production in college!

One has nothing to do with the other.

Maybe you can find a way to bring Hack into it too?

Because theres no F'n way you'll bring any of the quick players who succeeded.  Remember when the Dolphins drafted J Taylor, undersized and fast?  How about Thomas?  Short and fast?  Nah

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The thing with Gholston was that he was overdrafted almost entirely based on his Combine performance, which makes his selection worse. If a dude was a third rounder before the Combine, he's a third rounder after the Combine, too. 

No.  Not true.  He also had a great combine, but he produced sacks in college.

36 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I always thought maybe Vern could have used a position change. That he might have at least had the physical and the mental attributes to compete better on offense. Like at tight end. Not sure it was ever under consideration. 

He just had no passion for the game.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The thing with Gholston was that he was overdrafted almost entirely based on his Combine performance, which makes his selection worse. If a dude was a third rounder before the Combine, he's a third rounder after the Combine, too. 

Gholston was a first rounder before the combine.  He had the production at a big time program.

7 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Gholston was a first rounder before the combine.  He had the production at a big time program.

Yeah, I went back and looked and I'm wrong. I swear I have one of the draft guides from that year that had him as a third rounder, and they estimated he'd run a 4.8. 

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Lolphins just cut Jordan.

Gholston 6th overall, 0 sacks, 45 games, 5 games started

vs

Dion Jordan who was 3rd overall and the Phins had to trade up to get? 3 sacks, 1 start, 28 games.

Vernon Gholston, just for the fact that Gholston left 9 million on the table. In his contract Gholston would have received an additional 9 Million dollar bonus if he simply recorded a regular season sack or recovered a fumble. He couldnt even do that. 

That is a special kind of bust my friend. Anyone of this forum would have found a way to record 1 sack for a 9 million dollar bonus. Nothing beats that in my opinion.  

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Vernon Gholston, just for the fact that Gholston left 9 million on the table. In his contract Gholston would have received an additional 9 Million dollar bonus if he simply recorded a regular season sack or recovered a fumble. He couldnt even do that. 

That is a special kind of bust my friend. Anyone of this forum would have found a way to record 1 sack for a 9 million dollar bonus. Nothing beats that in my opinion.  

Gotta agree with you here. Jordan is the kinda bust that used drugs/immature and a waste of talent etc

Gholston was literally a big puzzie in a beast's body. He played scared and had no killer instinct, constantly thinking instead of playing football. It sort of did not make sense.

13 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Gholston by far.

Here's an interesting tidbit, Jordan was drafted in 2013, first round. Fifteen of the 32 players selected in the 1St round are no longer with their original teams, including eight of the first 12 picks. Source http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/31/dolphins-part-ways-with-dion-jordan/

Chance Warmack, who a lot of people were crowing about being soooo much better than Milliner, had to sign a one year deal just to stay in the NFL 

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Lolphins just cut Jordan.

Gholston 6th overall, 0 sacks, 45 games, 5 games started

vs

Dion Jordan who was 3rd overall and the Phins had to trade up to get? 3 sacks, 1 start, 28 games.

At least Gholston played some games. Dion Jordan is just a drug addled punk who doesn't want to play football

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I went back and looked and I'm wrong. I swear I have one of the draft guides from that year that had him as a third rounder, and they estimated he'd run a 4.8. 

Hindsight is 20/20.  The guy had the production and measurables.  He was the right pick at the time.

Archived