Hodge+Herm on Lattimore

SR24

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

You think he falls that far? I'd be surprised if he made it out of the top 10

edit: just got the pun lol

All I know is Hooker and Dix were made for each other. 

Macc is in a hole here.  He cannot take Lattimore.  If he does not see the field in 2017 because of injuries he will be pilloried.  There will be no excuse for him.

If Macc takes OJ Howard or Fournette, he gets a pass.  Adams or Hooker too, although Hooker less so.  

Howard or Fournette help the offense.  There will be safeties and CBs in rounds 2 and below.

Mac has to pick players who play and make an impact.  Players that look like busts will go over very badly.

I think this pressure will definitely guide the way the Jets draft this year.

Howard or Adams IMO are really the only options here apart from a trade down. I wish we could package Sheldon and our 2nd to Dallas for #28 and leave day 1 with Howard and McCaffrey

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Hooker could be a great long term fit at FS/Centerfield.

Problem though is that in year 1 or so he will look bad tackling, and that will make others look bad.

Long term we are talking Earl Thomas/Eric Berry.

Not worried about his tackling, he can refine his technique definitely but he's got size and willing to play physical unlike some safeties... cough cough rhodes

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Howard or Adams IMO are really the only options here apart from a trade down. I wish we could package Sheldon and our 2nd to Dallas for #28 and leave day 1 with Howard and McCaffrey

McCaffery will be gone before that. 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

McCaffery will be gone before that. 

Yeah you're right, Just saw the Bucs HC endorsed him big time. He'll be gone by #16 I think thats when they pick

The DB that no one can argue against is Jamal Adams. If they take Hooker and he misses time then it's a disaster but he's the only other defensive choice that gets a pass. OJ Howard, Mike Williams, Corey Davis are all fine choices on offense.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  Mayock and Kiper both have him going 2nd overall.   Anyone you like after him?  I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Barnett. 

Watt pretty much hits all the benchmarks for beast edge guys.

Just now, JiF said:

At #6 though?  Seems high.  

He wont be there in round 2. I havent done an inventory of depth in the draft though either. I wouldnt hate Howard at 6 as he's pretty much guaranteed to be a good player regardless if he's a tight end or not.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I find myself falling into this same category right now because I dont see a scenario where they take a QB.

Exactly. The QBs are just not worth it to gamble on when we have so many holes. Take the captain of our defense for the next 10 years or the safety blanket for our young QBs. Either way, we need immediate impact, not a 'maybe they'll start this year' quarterback.

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Exactly. The QBs are just not worth it to gamble on when we have so many holes. Take the captain of our defense for the next 10 years or the safety blanket for our young QBs. Either way, we need immediate impact, not a 'maybe they'll start this year' quarterback.

I view Adams and Howard the safest picks in the draft next to Garrett and Foster.  And safe isnt always viewed as sexy but I think in these guys you get both safe and sexy. safexy?

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Herman Edwards drafted a kicker in the second round.

Herman Edwards never drafted a single soul . He never had that type of authority and if he did, he would never have been traded to the Chiefs .

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Herman Edwards never drafted a single soul . He never had that type of authority and if he did, he would never have been traded to the Chiefs .

Herm sucked

Adams will be the best player in this draft. Will be a capt by year two and a all pro.  

Archived