LB dept. : Gil Brandt's greatest NFL LB's of All time ~ ~ ~

kelly

I can't listen to Brandt on Sirius anymore.  It's like he sits there and waits until he hears a name, spouts off some trivial fact like what the guy weighed in college, and then goes back to sleep.  Alex just talks around him most of the time and wakes him up for a sound byte.  I wouldn't put much stock in his lists being any better than anyone else's but given that, what Jet would make a top-45 LB list?  I loved Lewis, Mehl, Clifton and Harris as Jets but I don't think they make that cut on most lists.

15 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

LT is #1. The man redefined the position and was the greatest football player I have ever seen step on a football field.

he's the best defensive player in the history of the sport, unfortunately he resurrected a terrible franchise at the time.

23 hours ago, nycdan said:

Revis at #16 on the CB list.  Richard Sherman at #9.  Mike Haynes at #3.

Solid work there, Gil.

mike haynes was super good and deserves a high rank.  so does revis.  sherman? not so much.  it seems corners have a limited shelf life and sherman reached his.

On 7/6/2017 at 9:58 PM, ASH1962 said:

LT is #1. The man redefined the position and was the greatest football player I have ever seen step on a football field.

i seriously doubt if any offense was ever so worried about facing any other defensive player.  the guy was simply money on game day.

Archived