Chiefs sign Revis

C Mart

In his first five seasons in the NFL, while tracking the opposing team’s #1 WR on every play in every game, Revis gave up eight TD’s to those receivers in those five seasons. Jamal Adams has already given up five TDs and will easily blow past eight TDs allowed before this season is over. 

But, ok. 

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis is the best CB's to ever play the game and the best defensive player to ever play for the Jets.

Fixed and man does that make my blood boil. It still doesn’t take away from the fact that this boy demanded money - our money - to do it. 

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Also one of the biggest douchebags, and most massively overpaid players.

Quite literally the most overrated player of all time. One great season and a great marketing campaign. No big plays, no interceptions, no touchdowns, hurt all the time, and a lot of contract headaches.

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Fixed and man does that make my blood boil. It still doesn’t take away from the fact that this boy demanded money - our money - to do it. 

On this day of giving thanks, take a moment to remember how much joy Darrelle Revis stole from the families of Jets fans around the world. 

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Quite literally the most overrated player of all time. One great season and a great marketing campaign. No big plays, no interceptions, no touchdowns, hurt all the time, and a lot of contract headaches.

Oh this is just the best. The big CB marketing campaign lololololol....totally fits the league MO to manufacture a situation where a player can get more of our hard earned cash money. 

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oh this is just the best. The big CB marketing campaign lololololol....totally fits the league MO to manufacture a situation where a player can get more of our hard earned cash money. 

Revis was absolutely manufactured hype off of one great season. The Island moniker came after 09 and stuck. He just never really did anything to garner its afterwards. But at least he stole Woodys money, that’s what matters.

10 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

No he wasn't, he was absolutely awful in his last stint with the team.  No one is blaming him for the failures of others on this team, but that doesn't excuse him from being a massively overpaid, horribly performing quitter.  Even if you opt to excuse his repeated douche-baggery in his first run with the team, any attempt to defend his recent appearance here is laughable.

Of course, your newest set of excuses has absolutely nothing to do with your original point, or even what you were responding to, but I guess that's kind of your M.O.

The New York Jets as a team on the field and an organization have been awful for the last 48 years. 

Revis like  many others have been overpaid and over drafted with a lot of draft picks wasted causing the mess here.

You single out certain players and ignore others and blame all the misfortune here on them ignoring the big picture. 

Your M.O is the guy who would be complaining about something the night we win the Super Bowl. 

No excuse here Revis best CB to ever play for the NY Jets. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The New York Jets as a team on the field and an organization have been awful for the last 48 years. 

Revis like  many others have been overpaid and over drafted with a lot of draft picks wasted causing the mess here.

You single out certain players and ignore others and blame all the misfortune here on them ignoring the big picture. 

Your M.O is the guy who would be complaining about something the night we win the Super Bowl. 

No excuse here Revis best CB to ever play for the NY Jets. 

No doubt he is a near HOF Jet but also no doubt he was/is a douche: multiple holdouts, one lead to season ending injury, resigned/overpayed/sleepwalked/dead cap.

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

No doubt he is a near HOF Jet but also no doubt he was/is a douche: multiple holdouts, one lead to season ending injury, resigned/overpayed/sleepwalked/dead cap.

Blame the coaches who played him and the GM who gave him all that money. Anyone here would do the same thing if lucky enough to be in the position. Remember all the posters who had him going to jail for defending himself. The hate for NY Jets players is amazing. 

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This.  100% this and he’s an entitled dbag.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Blame the coaches who played him and the GM who gave him all that money. Anyone here would do the same thing if lucky enough to be in the position.

This is the most important part.  If he was obviously not motivated and prepared last season, he should have been benched.   Why wasn’t he?

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Blame the coaches who played him and the GM who gave him all that money. Anyone here would do the same thing if lucky enough to be in the position. Remember all the posters who had him going to jail for defending himself. The hate for NY Jets players is amazing. 

If you truly believe the bold then your take on the reality of human nature is much much different than mine.  Good luck to you.     

I think KC is a good fit for him and it is a good low risk move by the Chiefs. 

Veteran team and veteran head coach.  Marcus Peters on the other side - he is not going to be asked to be their #1.  If he is in shape and motivated (big if) then he could be a nice acquisition.  According to Spotrac, he is getting paid about $350K for the rest of the season (which is the Jets cap savings).  If he is going to resemble the out of shape, disinterested guy who the Jets sent out there last year, what have the Chiefs really lost. 

I hope he plays well for them and can help them compete against the Pats in the postseason.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Revis was absolutely manufactured hype off of one great season. The Island moniker came after 09 and stuck. He just never really did anything to garner its afterwards. But at least he stole Woodys money, that’s what matters.

Totes for sure, absolutely. If there’s one thing you can count on the NFL to do is trump up the players’ abilities so they can make more money. For sure you’re right, absolutely, as this absolutely makes sense from all angles absolutely. 100% absolutely, this one is airtight you got it buster.

Revis was a shut down corner in the NFL for years, teams game planned around him and usually when they tested him with a #1 WR they lost. 

All great NFL players skills diminish with age, here it was a combination of old age, bad coaching and being on a weak team that exploited him for who he was in his final years here. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis was a shut down corner in the NFL for years, teams game planned around him and usually when they tested him with a #1 WR they lost. 

All great NFL players skills diminish with age, here it was a combination of old age, bad coaching and being on a weak team that exploited him for who he was in his final years here. 

Wait, what, the Jets exploited him?  Wow, just wow.  

When most of us think of Revis we think of a holdout. That’s bad. When Ravens fans think of Ray Lewis or Ed Reed the get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I️ can’t say that about a merc CB that defected to the enemy won Super bowl and stole millions from the franchise while loafing on the field. Sorry he’s had 2 great years. Champ bailey on the other hand was waayyy more consistent. Not a HOF in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, tfine said:

When most of us think of Revis we think of a holdout. That’s bad. When Ravens fans think of Ray Lewis or Ed Reed the get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I️ can’t say that about a merc CB that defected to the enemy won Super bowl and stole millions from the franchise while loafing on the field. Sorry he’s had 2 great years. Champ bailey on the other hand was waayyy more consistent. Not a HOF in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Champ Bailey is an extremely light version of Revis. The beloved Ray Lewis proooooobably killed a guy. 

59 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Totes for sure, absolutely. If there’s one thing you can count on the NFL to do is trump up the players’ abilities so they can make more money. For sure you’re right, absolutely, as this absolutely makes sense from all angles absolutely. 100% absolutely, this one is airtight you got it buster.

What makes you think I care about the money? Revis has played his cards perfectly. He should teach tbh. Just leave it to the Jets to chase the dragon for a guy who never generated turnovers. 

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What makes you think I care about the money? Revis has played his cards perfectly. He should teach tbh. Just leave it to the Jets to chase the dragon for a guy who never generated turnovers. 

OOOOOOOOOH, I totes absolutely get it now. It’s not just that he was secretly only good for twenty minutes or whatever, it’s that he didn’t do the offense’s job too! He not only owes us and Woody money, but points and yards as well! All of this sounds totally absolutely legit, absolutely. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

OOOOOOOOOH, I totes absolutely get it now. It’s not just that he was secretly only good for twenty minutes or whatever, it’s that he didn’t do the offense’s job too! He not only owes us and Woody money, but points and yards as well! All of this sounds totally absolutely legit, absolutely. 

I, for one, think the CB should intercept the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I, for one, think the CB should intercept the ball. 

Bro, I hear you! True greats prop up the team’s defense AND offense. Didn’t it also feel like the Jets were worse on STs while Revis was a Jet??!?! Coincidence?!?! He ****in owes us so much, that piece of sh*t. 

Archived