Chiefs sign Revis

C Mart

32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Parcells? 

Bet the Chiefs did this to create drama for Jets Chiefs. Wouldn’t put anything past the NFL

Ugh . .. forgot about that. The boo birds will be out for him and LIKE ALL FORMER JETS upon their return to the meadowlands, Revis will BURN the Jets for a decisive and victorious play Pick 6 ala Victor Green in 2002. :(

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll forever be distraught whenever I think about all the dignity and prestige that Darrelle Revis and Bill Parcells combined to pilfer from our once great franchise. Like horse-thieves, those two. Villains.

Their hubris tore this franchise apart and us fans paid the price. 

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think you got that it was meant as sarcasm.

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

To me..... I detest Revis and would welcome a Revis jersey burning party.

Revis one of the best CB's to ever play the game and one of the best defensive players to ever play for the Jets.

Now I'm confused.  Below is our exchange. 

Tom Shane was being sarcastic in his initial post.  You responded with what I think was sort of an agreement with his point if his point were taken in a non-sarcastic way.  In other words, you were (I believe) saying that "yes BP and DR are sh*tbags but there are worse sh*tbags in Jets' history".  I replied that he was being sarcastic (by calling them horse-thieves, villains, ets).  Then you replied back how great Revis is.

To straighten this out, I think both Revis and Parcells were both outstanding for the Jets and I'm grateful that both were here. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll forever be distraught whenever I think about all the dignity and prestige that Darrelle Revis and Bill Parcells combined to pilfer from our once great franchise. Like horse-thieves, those two. Villains.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The list of sh*t bags that have played here and coached here is much greater than Parcells and Revis. 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think you got that it was meant as sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis one of the best CB's to ever play the game and one of the best defensive players to ever play for the Jets.

“The reason for me returning is the fire I have, the fuel I have to continue to play this game at a high level,” Revis said during a conference call. “My role is to help win. Whatever is best for the team, whether my position is playing a few downs or playing in the slot, wherever Coach wants to play me and feels he can utilize me to help win.”

Revis is reunited with Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton, who was his first coordinator with the Jets. Sutton and Revis were together in New York from 2007-11.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why now? Why take the deal now?

He waited till now because it didn't make financial sense because the Jets were paying him 6 million to do nothing, but now he will still get his 6 million plus audition for a contract next season.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Real jet fans want to fight somebody until they read sarcasm part. 

Real Jets fans understand and appreciate the importance of a great NFL player its not like we have anything else to root for in the last 48 years. 

Blaming Revis for the teams misfortunes during his tenure here is ridiculous and moronic. 

Football is a team sport. 

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NFL is a business. 

And just like every other business, if you're a giant a$$hole in the workplace, you might get away with it as long as you're considered worth the headache, but the instant you're determined to be more trouble than you're worth, your ass will be kicked to the curb and you won't be missed.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

And just like every other business, if you're a giant a$$hole in the workplace, you might get away with it as long as you're considered worth the headache, but the instant you're determined to be more trouble than you're worth, your ass will be kicked to the curb and you won't be missed.

Depends on the situation, Revis was a scapegoat here for a bad poorly coached team. 

Buster Skrine is the new hated player here. 

Who's next? 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

GOOD LUCK DARRELLE REVIS ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE NY JETS

Kansas City Chiefs sign veteran CB Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis is back.

The one-time star defensive back, who had a rocky end to his Hall of Fame worthy career with the New York Jets, has been signed by the Kansas City Chiefs, the team announced Wednesday.

"Darrelle is a proven player in this league and we are excited to add him to our secondary," ChiefsGeneral Manager Brett Veach said in a statement. "He's had a Hall of Fame career and his leadership and playing experience will be valuable to our defense."

"We're excited to add Darrelle to the roster," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "He has experience and familiarity with Bob Sutton's defense, he's a team guy and we feel like a player of his caliber can help our football team."

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

lol leadership

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Depends on the situation, Revis was a scapegoat here for a bad poorly coached team. 

Buster Skrine is the new hated player here. 

Who's next? 

No he wasn't, he was absolutely awful in his last stint with the team.  No one is blaming him for the failures of others on this team, but that doesn't excuse him from being a massively overpaid, horribly performing quitter.  Even if you opt to excuse his repeated douche-baggery in his first run with the team, any attempt to defend his recent appearance here is laughable.

Of course, your newest set of excuses has absolutely nothing to do with your original point, or even what you were responding to, but I guess that's kind of your M.O.

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Why bother? He is getting jets money anyway for sitting at home and his is older and unconditioned. 

Why tarnish your legacy? Just retire. He doesnt need the cash

How do you know he’s “unconditioned”? 

Why do guys who barely played hoops in high school still join rec leagues? Why do we play beer league Softball into our 50s? There is a fire and a competitive drive that never dies. If he has anything left, he can help that team. I don’t begrudge him at all for poor management from the Jets. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He'll do well there.  They have a pass rush, they have a #1 C in Marcus Peters.  He has Andy Read and a staff that will make sure he plays rather than Club Med Bowles.

It all depends on if Revis actually stayed in shape while unemployed.  He was horrible last year because he showed up to TC as a fat tub of goo

2 hours ago, tfine said:

Jamal Adams will make us all forget about Revis in a year or two. Mark my word he will be our Ray Lewis. What Revis should’ve been. Revis was a hired gun. A mercenary. Adams is all team and heart. Not some overpaid “slouch”

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

In his first five seasons in the NFL, while tracking the opposing team’s #1 WR on every play in every game, Revis gave up eight TD’s to those receivers in those five seasons. Jamal Adams has already given up five TDs and will easily blow past eight TDs allowed before this season is over. 

But, ok. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In his first five seasons in the NFL, while tracking the opposing team’s #1 WR on every play in every game, Revis gave up eight TD’s to those receivers in those five seasons. Jamal Adams has already given up five TDs and will easily blow past eight TDs allowed before this season is over. 

But, ok. 

Revis - Only cares about money

Adams - Only cares about his teammates

You do the math pal.

Archived