There goes the whole "the kid learned humility" angle for Geno

jgb

Immature low-life calling out Rex Ryan. Same entitled, big mouthed, immature guy he always was. He has not "learned humility" and "has kept his mouth shut and become a pro."

He is who we thought he was. Entitled diva. Plays his first game in years and this is how he chooses to use the pulpit. Can't fix stupid.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

I get that he should have just said nothing but Rex was completely wrong for saying that seeing how he drafted the guy. And oh basically forced him into the starting role

Could be wrong, but from what I recall Geno was forced on Rex - leading to Rex trying to win the illustrious snoopy bowl w Sanchez in the 4th quarter leading to injury leading to Geno starting by default....at least that is how I recall it.

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Immature low-life calling out Rex Ryan. Same entitled, big mouthed, immature guy he always was. He has not "learned humility" and "has kept his mouth shut and become a pro."

He is who we thought he was. Entitled diva. Plays his first game in years and this is how he chooses to use the pulpit. Can't fix stupid.

Rex is the immature blowhard. A pathetic pos who proved twice he can’t hack it in nfl. Sanchez will be joining him in the booth soon ha

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Rex is the immature blowhard. A pathetic pos who proved twice he can’t hack it in nfl. Sanchez will be joining him in the booth soon ha

You can be right and Geno can still be wrong. He is just too dumb to realize no potential future employers want to hear this garbage. 2 years later, after playing a game, instead of making it about how he "learned" etc. he lashes out at his old coach? A woman scorned...

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I like how Rex is blowing his chance at becoming a broadcaster by choosing to litigate old slights with everyone that he sees as having sabotaged his career. 

Just now, jgb said:

You can be right and Geno can still be wrong. He is just too dumb to realize no potential future employers want to hear this garbage. 2 years later, after playing a game, instead of making it about how he "learned" etc. he lashes out at his old coach? A woman scorned...

I doubt anyone cares, except jet fans. Nobody wanted to hire Rex before this weekend, after his comment about geno I’m sure he is further down on the list. Meanwhile geno just proved to the league, playing qb for the giants this yr is not as hard as Eli fans would like you to believe 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I doubt anyone cares, except SOME jet fans. Nobody wanted to hire Rex before this weekend, after his comment about geno I’m sure he is further down on the list. Meanwhile geno just proved to the league, playing qb for the giants this yr is not as hard as Eli fans would like you to believe 

Fixed.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Future employers will see that he played for an idiot and focus on whether he can help their team be successful.  

Geno sucks.  He really showed Rex up today.  1st and goal from the 4 and he fumbles on the first play.  His play is what it always was erratic.  He’s not even a good backup.  He’ll be in Canada soon enough. As for Rex.  Who  Cares 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Hate Rex all you want but he's the one with the coushie job, I'm not sure Geno is opening many doors for himself.

The ironic thing is these two guys deserved each other more than any HC/QB combination in history.

image.png

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s why he’s been blacklisted. 

“Starting” for a 2-10 team isn’t starting. It’s ending. 

SAR I

Lol comedy is not your “Forte” what is interesting is geno likely is ahead of Eli next yr on the depth chart. I can see this scenario, geno #1, Eli #2, And maybe.. Sanchez wins the competition for 3rd stringer once again 

Just now, JetBlue said:

What does Kaep have to do with this?  

It's not just about being able to "help the team win." GMs/HCs do care about personality and team fit. Calling a former ex-HC a "coward," isn't gonna score Geno any "soft skill" points.

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol comedy is not your “Forte” what is interesting is geno likely is ahead of Eli next yr on the depth chart. I can see this scenario, geno #1, Eli #2, And maybe.. Sanchez wins the competition for 3rd stringer once again 

Eli will not be a Giant next year. -100% chance.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Hate Rex all you want but he's the one with the coushie job, I'm not sure Geno is opening many doors for himself.

Rex is failing so hard at that job that the network can’t bury him deep enough. Dude is going to be coaching linebackers for an Oklahoma community college next year, telling anyone who will listen that Doug Whaley is the antichrist.

2 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Geno sucks.  He really showed Rex up today.  1st and goal from the 4 and he fumbles on the first play.  His play is what it always was erratic.  He’s not even a good backup.  He’ll be in Canada soon enough. As for Rex.  Who  Cares 

The fact the he took them on a long scoring drive and took the lead doesn't count right?  No other quarterbacks are ever strip sacked I mean how could some scrub like Kalvin Mack get him with such a vaunted offensive line.... oh wait.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's not just about being able to "help the team win." GMs/HCs do care about personality and team fit. Calling a former ex-HC a "coward," isn't gonna score Geno any "soft skill" points.

You may be right, but he is talking about Ryan after all.

15 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

They are both fools. Hows that?

Yep just like IK. The three Jettsiest Jets of the Rex Ryan era.

And just like the IK situation, Geno doesn't know how to just walk away and be the bigger man. To paraphrase Grocho Marx: Don't get into a public pissing match with a bloviating fool. They will just pull you down to their level and beat you from experience. Can't let Rex goad you like that. He's not even clever about it. 

image.png

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Only people of color like Geno Smith so the Anthem Sitter always gets brought up.

SAR I

Dude, come on. We're having a discussion and you toss around racism vibes? 90% of the NFL is black. So yes it's common to compare two black athletes without being a racist.

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You may be right, but he is talking about Ryan after all.

You can be right but still lose the debate. If Geno had just laughed and said "you know what, I bet Rex wishes he had ANY QB right now since it would mean his last gigs ended better for him." He'd be the winner of the day. Instead his thin-skin side came out again at the clumsiest goading of all time by a guy who tries to sneak up on people in a dump truck with no muffler.

Archived