Bowles and Macc are coming back

Maxman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, johnnysd said:

And McClown is directly responsible for at least 3 losses. By the way, McClown played his best game yesterday, but if the KC player does not make that boneheaded personal foul on the FG, we lose that game. Our defense couldn't stop a 3 legged gerbil yesterday.

But they made the key stop. That is something Jets fans have whined about here for years about Rex and Bowles. They couldnt make the key stop. Yesterday they did

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is my take away from yesterday. Young talent. The team is playing hard. Players are being held accountable.

Looks like this front office and coaching staff will both be back.

Was there ever any doubt tbqh?  Fan desire to see one, the other or both fired was never a reflection of ownerships viewpoint.

I have no doubt in my mind they'll both be back one more year.

Good news because with all this cap room they need to hit the ground running when the season ends. No time to waste

Next year is going to be a good year for the Jets. Playoffs.

I disagree. 

Regardless of cap space or personnel, Bowles will never be a good head coach and his defense remains a massive weakness.  I do not believe he will lead a "good year, with playoffs" next year, I think as much as this team has overreached the (off target) predictions for 2017, they will equally miss any positive predictions for 2018. 

But what I fear is this year will lead leadership to say "ok, lets go with McCown again, he was great, gives Hack another year to learn, so yay, we can skip drafting or signing a QB.  McCown leads us to the playoffs in 2018, Hack takes over afterwards."  If this is their view, we're damned. 

16 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If the Jets don't sign any big FA for QB, then they leave themselves with no choice but to go after one aggressively in the first round. There's no way you go into next season with the same situation. It's time to say good bye to our 2019 and 2020 first rounders. 

Sure, but who takes the deal?  The Browns?  Or do they finally go for it with Rosen/Darnold?  Then you have the Giants, Broncos, Colts, and 49ers who all could be in the conversation.

Just now, Warfish said:

But what I fear is this year will lead leadership to say "ok, lets go with McCown again, he was great, gives Hack another year to learn, so yay, we can skip drafting or signing a QB.  McCown leads us to the playoffs in 2018, Hack takes over afterwards."  If this is their view, we're damned. 

I dont think that's their view, otherwise why is Macc scouting all these QBs?

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But they made the key stop. That is something Jets fans have whined about here for years about Rex and Bowles. They couldnt make the key stop. Yesterday they did

I'm curious, did you used to go by the name Ray Ray on JI?

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Only because a TD was needed. If a FG was needed KC would have had it. 

Just now, gEYno said:

Sure, but who takes the deal?  The Browns?  Or do they finally go for it with Rosen/Darnold?  Then you have the Giants, Broncos, Colts, and 49ers who all could be in the conversation.

Niners have their QB. So they would do it. You don't trade for Garappolo just to get rid of him a few weeks later.

The Colts have Andrew Luck, are they going to give up on him

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

No idea. That's why I was hoping the 49ers would stick around in the top 3 at least. They'd definitely be a partner to trade with. After that we pray! 

That is my take away from yesterday. Young talent. The team is playing hard. Players are being held accountable.

Looks like this front office and coaching staff will both be back.

Good news because with all this cap room they need to hit the ground running when the season ends. No time to waste

Next year is going to be a good year for the Jets. Playoffs.

It would be shocking if either were gone after this season.  Bowles has definitely done a decent job this year.  The players absolutely do play for him and I think we've only been blown out 1x this whole year (Raider game).  However next year the situation is going to be a lot different.  It's no longer going to be "if you finish better than the worst in the league it was a successful season".  Next  year there will be some expectations.  It all hinges on what happens at QB though.  I feel like we are long overdue some luck in this area but let's see what happens. 

I will again say that Eli to the Jets intrigues me (though I'm sure the Giants won't cut him and I can't imagine them trading him to us). 

57 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I know we have a ton of cap space but I have to ask, where will the improvements come from?

McCown is going to be our Franchise QB.  As much as it pains me to write that, he has earned the job.

As for the rest of the offense, I don’t see many OL candidates available via free agency.  We definitely need an upgrade at C, so maybe we can steal Richnurg from the NYG.

We will get Enunwa back so that will be an improvement.

On defense, many things in play.  Wilk is probably going to get cut or at least restructured to make it a 1 year deal for next season.  Ealy, Davis, and Claiborne are FAs.  And probably (at least Davis and Claiborne) the best available at their position.

Add that if Tyrod Taylor is indeed out, we very well could end up with a 2nd place schedule.  Similar to what happened to Fitz.

So assuming we go defense again in the first, if we come away with a legit pass rusher (Key or perhaps Lorenzo Carter) that could improve our D enough to swing a couple of games.  

So playoffs could be possible if the offense keeps up it’s pace, we resign Claiborne, Davis, and Ealy.  Draft a legit pass rusher, shore up our OL, find a #2 corner.

Young players and players in general playing in the same system, in the case of the O, for a 2nd season. D players Adams,Maye, Lee, young CBs etc all gaining experience. 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would be shocking if either were gone after this season.  Bowles has definitely done a decent job this year.  The players absolutely do play for him and I think we've only been blown out 1x this whole year (Raider game).  However next year the situation is going to be a lot different.  It's no longer going to be "if you finish better than the worst in the league it was a successful season".  Next  year there will be some expectations.  It all hinges on what happens at QB though.  I feel like we are long overdue some luck in this area but let's see what happens. 

I will again say that Eli to the Jets intrigues me (though I'm sure the Giants won't cut him and I can't imagine them trading him to us). 

Absolutely 100% the expectations go up next year and it comes down to what happens at QB

I hope so. He has earned the right to backup Cousins. Let petty or hack be the 3rd guy.

Take a QB shot in the draft again in 2019.

It is painful to read this.  Drafting a rookie QB in 2019 means he probably won't really be ready to go until 2021. 

13 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

No idea. That's why I was hoping the 49ers would stick around in the top 3 at least. They'd definitely be a partner to trade with. After that we pray! 

Sure, 49ers are a possibility, but they could take a QB themselves, they just started to play Garropolo after all these weeks, and if they both look decent, they can get value back.  Also, if they're not taking a QB, what deal can we put together that can beat the Bills?  Or, do the Giants or Broncos not offer them a better deal just because the 49ers would still get the guy they want, but only move 2-3 spots, max?  Fact is, we're just not a very attractive trade partner at this point.

The potential life of a GM is short, I'd rather not move back to where the Jets will pick, for future leverage, when I can still get great value that I can put on the field sooner.  Best hope, I think, is that the Bears remain high and the Bills aren't interested.  They may be the most motivated to recoup some of what they gave up for Trubisky.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Sure, 49ers are a possibility, but they could take a QB themselves, they just started to play Garropolo after all these weeks, and if they both look decent, they can get value back.  Also, if they're not taking a QB, what deal can we put together that can beat the Bills?  Or, do the Giants or Broncos not offer them a better deal just because the 49ers would still get the guy they want, but only move 2-3 spots, max?  Fact is, we're just not a very attractive trade partner at this point.

The potential life of a GM is short, I'd rather not move back to where the Jets will pick, for future leverage, when I can still get great value that I can put on the field soon.  Best hope, I think, is that the Bears remain high and the Bills aren't interested.  They may be the most motivated to recoup some of what they gave up for Trubisky.

I'd be shocked if 49ers took a QB with their first round pick. Either way, you just have to hope Mac finds the right combination. Bills could offer 2 1's this year but not want to give up as many future picks. Or vice versa. It'll all be a matter of what that team wants and who is willing to give it to them.

I believe the Titans moved down from 1 to 15 with the Goff trade didn't they? So who the hell knows, you just hope they make the pot sweet enough. 

40 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Niners have their QB. So they would do it. You don't trade for Garappolo just to get rid of him a few weeks later.

The Colts have Andrew Luck, are they going to give up on him

The Niners will draft a qb.  Book it.

1 minute ago, peebag said:

The Niners will draft a qb.  Book it.

In the 1st round?  And they're going to keep that QB, not trade him?  Hey, if they do that I'd be happy if the Jets traded for Garoppollo.  Of course, there's no way in heck I believe they do this.

Mac is absolutely safe and I've beloved he would be since week 1. The roster moves he's made that have worked out have saved him. 

I'm still not convinced about Bowels though... I think the team can still make an argument that the games have been sloppy, too many penalties, odd starting lineup moves, etc.

He can still coach himself out. 

22 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I think you are right, but it fits the Jets pattern.  We do okay every other year due to scheduling, and now we will get Fitz 2.0 if McCown is retained.  

groundhog-day.jpg?quality=88&w=656&h=369

one more time..............

But this time it’s even worse.  Instead of missing out on Dak Prescott we get to miss out on Darnold, Rosen, Lamar Jackson etc

The Jets are 5-7 and playing some exciting football, sure there are still fundamental, mental and coaching mistakes by everyone involved but thats football. 

Ive been very hard on Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan but I see things moving in a positive direction, players playing  hard this team lost a few games that we should have won. 

I root for the Jets to win every damn game a good GM will find the players we need. 

Enjoy the season its fun to watch the Jets again. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets are 5-7 and playing some exciting football, sure there are still fundamental, mental and coaching mistakes by everyone involved but thats football. 

Ive been very hard on Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan but I see things moving in a positive direction, players playing  hard this team lost a few games that we should have won. 

I root for the Jets to win every damn game a good GM will find the players we need. 

Enjoy drafting another DB while every other team gets a qb

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lol. Until our next horrible loss that SHOULD have been a win. Jets are giant rollercoaster made out of rotting wood surrounded by moats filled with Gators & Snakes.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

The difference to this side is the O, and I'm putting that on Morton. If Some how Bowles left or was fired, Id hire him as HC.

I think there is still a chance he gets fired, and Macc Stays.

Does Tennessee want Rogers & Bowles? Because they can have them. Even our wins are filled with questionable coaching. MCCown is actually saving Todd Bowles job. I have to give credit where credit is due, McCown was very good yesterday. Now is KCs defense just really, really sh*tty? Could be, I would not want to see our offense face a team like the Vikings or Eagles. I mean the Bucs made us look like sh*t.

Just now, Jetster said:

Does Tennessee want Rogers & Bowles? Because they can have them. Even our wins are filled with questionable coaching. MCCown is actually saving Todd Bowles job. I have to give credit where credit is due, McCown was very good yesterday. Now is KCs defense just really, really sh*tty? Could be, I would not want to see our offense face a team like the Vikings or Eagles. I mean the Bucs made us look like sh*t.

Bowles is going nowhere.  Two more meaningless wins over Siemian and Hoyer and we finish 7-9 and the mentally challenged acting Owner will think we just won the Super Bowl

17 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The difference to this side is the O, and I'm putting that on Morton. If Some how Bowles left or was fired, Id hire him as HC.

I think there is still a chance he gets fired, and Macc Stays.

I'm telling you, yesterday eliminated that chance.

Archived