QB Prospects (A Lengthy List)

Warfish

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I gave you an answer to your stupid question, penis face.  The ideal scenario is drafting a top notch QB prospect and the fact you need that explained is baffling.  The problem is as I've explained over and over again, I don't see that happening because of draft position and who will be available and Mac's commitment to his big board.  So my fall back plan is go after Cousins because this regime/franchise sucks at draft QB's and they clearly have no interest in developing/playing a young QB.  The issue with this plan is we don't know if he's even available and we don't know what he's going to cost or if he would even want to play for such a terrible team with the owners baby brother in charge in a conference dominated by Tom Brady.

So my plan you're so eager to learn is meaningless just like your stupid plan because I cant control anything the Jets do and neither can you.  Further, this year isn't so cut and dry as last year because the Jets are picking in no mans land as opposed to 6.  We don't know the cost to move up and I don't love who will be available when the Jets pic.  Last year, the plan was controllable.  Take Watson (or Mahomes).  It's not simple this year, you bozo.  I clearly like/d Watson much more than the guys who the Jets will have a shot at selecting with their pick this year.  I liked last years crop better in general.  For some reason, this offends a couple of you sensitive nancies and you get all worked up over it.

Nothing is difficult to grasp, you imbecile. Stop asking stupid questions, read what I'm typing and then accept that I don't share this supreme confidence you have in Mac or this draft class.  I'm glad your willing to bet anything that Mac has big plans for the QB position and Mac is going to attack!!!  I dont because nothing about Mac shows that he has the slightest clue as to how to prioritize the most important position in sports and I'm not in love with the options that will be available to the Jets. 

a lot of words....

... still no plan....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the what? The Browns don't need a QB?   The 49ers?  They don't have Garoppolo under contract.  The Colts have Luck and Brissett, but neither of them are exactly sure things at this point.

Browns are drafting Rosen, Niners have their QB, Andrew Luck plays for the Colts...

None of them are Cousins suitors.  You know this.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Again I'll ask, what contender is going to be able to pay him enough money up front to steal him away from the transition tag so the Redskins can't match the deal?

or

If the Redskins just decide to let him walk, how much is Cousins willing to leave on the table to go to a contender?

You've said this before.  The Redskins probably aren't going to use the transition tag. I live in DC and they have been saying hey ruled it out for over a month.  They don't have the cap space to match any deal, so it does them little good. At least if they franchise him they could deal him. The answer to your first question is probably the Jags.

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Again I'll ask, what contender is going to be able to pay him enough money up front to steal him away from the transition tag so the Redskins can't match the deal?

or

If the Redskins just decide to let him walk, how much is Cousins willing to leave on the table to go to a contender?

All fair points. Don't know where he will end up, but it sure as hell won't be here.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I cant believe I actually gave you a detailed response.  You're so worthless.  Back to meme's and gif for he pacturd and his paclogic.

So your plan is to attack me?  Nice.

Not sure why so touchy.  A lot of you guys do nothing but complain about Macc so I assumed you at least had an idea of how the QB situation should be addressed.

So in a nut shell you want to draft a "top notch QB", if not sign Cousins, but it all doesn't matter because I'm a penis face and neither of us has any say in what happens.

Ok, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

So your plan is to attack me?  Nice.

Not sure why so touchy.  A lot of you guys do nothing but complain about Macc so I assumed you at least had an idea of how the QB situation should be addressed.

So in a nut shell you want to draft a "top notch QB", if not sign Cousins, but it all doesn't matter because I'm a penis face and neither of us has any say in what happens.

Ok, thanks.

Image result for not worth the effort gif

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You've said this before.  The Redskins probably aren't going to use the transition tag. I live in DC and they have been saying hey ruled it out for over a month.  They don't have the cap space to match any deal, so it does them little good. At least if they franchise him they could deal him. The answer to your first question is probably the Jags.

The Jags are $8M over the cap right now, the next question is how cheap do you think Cousins is willing to sign for. Cutting Bortles puts them at $10M in cap which needs to be used to sign a draft class. They'll need to make a lot of cuts which may not make them as attractive of a landing spot.

I'd say this though, if they cut Bortles I'd pay him for 2 years to come here and then take a QB in the 1st round. He looks like it may be starting to click and I think he won't command THAT much. Worth the gamble if we don't have other options to spend that money on.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The Jags are $8M over the cap right now, the next question is how cheap do you think Cousins is willing to sign for. Cutting Bortles puts them at $10M in cap which needs to be used to sign a draft class. They'll need to make a lot of cuts which may not make them as attractive of a landing spot.

I'd say this though, if they cut Bortles I'd pay him for 2 years to come here and then take a QB in the 1st round. He looks like it may be starting to click and I think he won't command THAT much. Worth the gamble if we don't have other options to spend that money on.

Plus, Bortles has been the best QB in the league over the past few weeks.  The light may have finally gone on for him, so I'm not convinced Cousins is an upgrade the way he's playing.  He had his best week last week without Fournette, Lee and down Robinson the whole year.

The other issue for them is, if I'm not mistaken between Jackson, Campbell and Darius - they're going to have something like a 100 mil allocated to just the DL alone. 

31 minutes ago, Pac said:

Browns are drafting R osen, Niners have their QB, Andrew Luck plays for the Colts...

None of them are Cousins suitors.  You know this.

The Niners don't have their QB any more than the Redskins do.  UFA is UFA. Do you think Shannahan would be more comfortable with Cousins or Garoppolo?  

Luck plays for the Colts?  When?  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Niners don't have their QB any more than the Redskins do.  UFA is UFA. Do you think Shannahan would be more comfortable with Cousins or Garoppolo?  

They didn't trade a 2nd round pick to get garoppolo for the last 6 weeks of the season and then let him walk. Odds are they will work out a long term deal, if not, they will Franchise him. 

He's looked really good these last couple of weeks and that's probably hurt the niners because his price tag has skyrocketed. 

Even if the niners opt to go after cousins then that frees us up to get Jimmy g.. Win/win.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes they do. The Niners are gonna pay whatever it takes for Jimmy G. They're not stupid. 

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

49ers players didn’t know Jimmy Garoppolo “was this special”

Posted by Josh Alper on December 18, 2017, 10:02 AM EST
894387846-e1513609323545.jpg?w=486&h=304
Getty Images

From the start of the 2016 season through their 11th game of this season, the 49ers managed three wins.

Sunday’s 25-23 victory over the Titans means they’ve now won three games in the last three weeks and it isn’t hard to find the guy getting the credit for that change of fortunes. Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolohas started all three of those wins and he’s leading an offense that’s gone over 400 yards in consecutive games for the first time since 2011.

All three wins have come after the 49ers trailed in the second half and Sunday’s win saw Garoppolo complete three quick passes to move the team in position for Robbie Gould‘s field goal as time expired.

It’s the kind of run that leads to big reactions from teammates and the 49ers are falling right in line. Left tackle Joe Staley said he wishes the team was closer to playoff position because “we could carry some momentum and do some damage if he got in the playoffs” and center Daniel Kilgore said it felt great to see the usually placid Levi’s Stadium with life in it.

“I knew he was a great player; we all did,” right guard Brandon Fusco said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “We didn’t know he was this special.”

There are still contract matters to work out before Garoppolo’s future with the team is totally squared away, but everything else has fallen into line quickly since the trade that brought him to the Niners.

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Franchise tags are not equal to one another.

Jimmy G at $23.3M is far different than Cousins at $34M. There is no way you have watched the 49ers the last 3 weeks if you think there is any way Jimmy is not a 49er next year.

27 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They didn't trade a 2nd round pick to get garoppolo for the last 6 weeks of the season and then let him walk. Odds are they will work out a long term deal, if not, they will Franchise him. 

He's looked really good these last couple of weeks and that's probably hurt the niners because his price tag has skyrocketed. 

Even if the niners opt to go after cousins then that frees us up to get Jimmy g.. Win/win.

25 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Yes they do. The Niners are gonna pay whatever it takes for Jimmy G. They're not stupid. 

You guys are totally missing my point.  I am not saying that it is likely that the 49ers will let Garoppolo walk.  OTOH, we have been hearing the Redskins would lock up Cousins for years.  Smart teams don't get held hostage or "pay whatever it takes."  I have watched plenty of Garoppolo the past 3 weeks.  He actually won me a playoff game in fantasy (team had Watson) lame as that might be.

My point is - like saying the Jets have a TE in ASJ, a CB in Claiborne or DE/EDGE in Ealy, don't count your chickens.  The offseason is long and rocky.  So are the next 3 weeks 

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Franchise tags are not equal to one another.

Jimmy G at $23.3M is far different than Cousins at $34M. There is no way you have watched the 49ers the last 3 weeks if you think there is any way Jimmy is not a 49er next year.

Franchise gets him for one year.   Jimmy G for one at $23.3M is also far different fhan Cousins at 3-5@$27Mper.  I agree the most likely scenario is that they lock him up, but they do not have a QB until the ink dries.  Shannahan knows them both better than anybody.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You guys are totally missing my point.  I am not saying that it is likely that the 49ers will let Garoppolo walk.  OTOH, we have been hearing the Redskins would lock up Cousins for years.  Smart teams don't get held hostage or "pay whatever it takes."  I have watched plenty of Garoppolo the past 3 weeks.  He actually won me a playoff game in fantasy (team had Watson) lame as that might be.

My point is - like saying the Jets have a TE in ASJ, a CB in Claiborne or DE/EDGE in Ealy, don't count your chickens.  The offseason is long and rocky.  So are the next 3 weeks 

I agree. But we have plenty of options. Whether it's Cousins/Jimmy G/trading for Luck/drafting a QB at 8-10, trading up to take a QB at 3-4. Whatever route Macc decides to choose, or whatever route is thrust upon him  by circumstance should yield us a franchise type QB or a talent with franchise QB potential.  

This is Macc's do or die offseason. 

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Franchise gets him for one year.   Jimmy G for one at $23.3M is also far different fhan Cousins at 3-5@$27Mper.  I agree the most likely scenario is that they lock him up, but they do not have a QB until the ink dries.  Shannahan knows them both better than anybody.

Yup, and he traded away a 2nd rounder to get Jimmy G so that kind of tips his hand. I think Shanahan was hoping to let Jimmy G sit for a few weeks and then ease him in to the last game or 2. Then sign him to a reasonable long term deal.

When Beathard got hurt and Jimmy G was thrust into the lineup, he played better than most expected on short notice. That seems like great news for the Niners, but it likely made Jimmy G a much more valuable commodity around the league. The niners hope of signing Jimmy G to a reasonable contract is out the window and could muck things up for them. Can they justify letting him walk after trading away a 2nd for him and watching him play so well? Doubtful. 

Either way, I am beyond happy that Jimmy G isn't ready to step in for Brady when he decides to retire in 2025.  

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Redskins could franchise him again in somewhat of a pr**k move intended to either squeeze Cousins into a long-term deal (to his credit I don't think he folds) or find a sucker team to trade a first round pick for the right to pay Cousins $27mm/year for 3+ years.

I am sure Snyder figures some sucker team up I-95 will give him draft picks for the right to pay Cousins market value.  That would be very, very stupid.

3 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Redskins will likely tag Cousins, even if with the goal to trade him.   Is anyone willing to sign Cousins to big money AND give up a pick (eg high #2)?

From what I read from Washington reporters, if they franchise him it will cost over $32M.

If Wash does this, he’s gonna sign it and put them on the hook for that salary.  When that happens, Wash has zero leverage.  They will need to either sign him to a long term deal or trade him.  Since he refuses to sign a long term deal, they will either be paying him $32M for one year of service or they are going to have to give him away.

Washington screwed themselves two years ago.  They are going to pay for it this offseason.

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't trade a 2nd round pick halfway through a losing season to let that QB walk unless Jimmy G totally flops and you plan on signing Cousins. Jimmy G has been fantastic and the relationship seems rock solid. At the very least he will be a 49er next year even if they don't sign him to a long term deal this season. Unless you think they are going to draft a QB with their 1st round pick they are not a threat to us in the draft other than the fact they may want to trade out of their pick.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

From what I read from Washington reporters, if they franchise him it will cost over $32M.

If Wash does this, he’s gonna sign it and put them on the hook for that salary.  When that happens, Wash has zero leverage.  They will need to either sign him to a long term deal or trade him.  Since he refuses to sign a long term deal, they will either be paying him $32M for one year of service or they are going to have to give him away.

Washington screwed themselves two years ago.  They are going to pay for it this offseason.

Which leads us back to no team is going to trade anything of value for Cousins because he would need to agree to a contract before the trade is in place and if you are Cousins why wouldn't you take the $34M guarantee for 1 year and then sign your record breaking deal next year. That's basically a bonus $34M, the Redskins won't do that.

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Unless you think they are going to draft a QB with their 1st round pick they are not a threat to us in the draft other than the fact they may want to trade out of their pick.

So, you admit the 49ers are a threat in the draft order? 

What better way to get back the Jimmy G pick than trading down?  That pick is gone, now they can weigh their FA and draft options.  Sinking money into a guy because you already used a pick on him is the kind of thinking that ****s teams up from properly evaluating options.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, you admit the 49ers are a threat in the draft order? 

What better way to get back the Jimmy G pick than trading down?  That pick is gone, now they can weigh their FA and draft options.  Sinking money into a guy because you already used a pick on him is the kind of thinking that ****s teams up from properly evaluating options.

A threat to take a QB no not at all. A potential trade up partner yes.

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He didn't check that box off.  Georgia destroyed them. You guys are complaining about too many stats, so I will leave them out.  He could still go in the first, but I sure don't see him going top 10.  Not in this class. It might make sense for him to stay in and come out next year when he can go at the top of the draft.  He has this year and 3 games at Baylor playing pinball.  I'm not seeing the sure thing 

There was no Plan B, because they didn't develop one throughout the course of the season. As was the case in the loss to Clemson in Week 2, the Tigers' offensive line was vulnerable in obvious passing situations, quarterback Jarrett Stidham got happy feet and there was no offensive identity from the middle of the first quarter on.

I' mistaken then.  I thought they had beat Georgia.  I agree he vould raise his stock by staying. 

1 hour ago, TJ said:

I' mistaken then.  I thought they had beat Georgia.  I agree he vould raise his stock by staying. 

Yeah.  A lot of people were crowning him after the performance against Alabama.  At this point he is sort of in the Cam Newton, Sanchez, show me for me than a year category.  I am sure he will consider coming out.  I think it may be financially worthwhile for him to stay another year.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

What...

Going from definitely getting a QB to giving away their spot to another team that wants a QB. We can be that team.

They were the Cousins team.  Remember?  Other teams have much more ammunition to move up.  Too bed Peterman didn't play better.

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He didn't check that box off.  Georgia destroyed them. You guys are complaining about too many stats, so I will leave them out.  He could still go in the first, but I sure don't see him going top 10.  Not in this class. It might make sense for him to stay in and come out next year when he can go at the top of the draft.  He has this year and 3 games at Baylor playing pinball.  I'm not seeing the sure thing 

There was no Plan B, because they didn't develop one throughout the course of the season. As was the case in the loss to Clemson in Week 2, the Tigers' offensive line was vulnerable in obvious passing situations, quarterback Jarrett Stidham got happy feet and there was no offensive identity from the middle of the first quarter on.

1 hour ago, TJ said:

You're not mistaken.  He played Georgia twice.  First game, he was lights out and started getting a lot of love as an NFL prospect.  2nd game in the SEC championship was a different story but Kerryon was also very injured and Auburn had run one of the gnarliest gambits you can run in college this year.

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah.  A lot of people were crowning him after the performance against Alabama.  At this point he is sort of in the Cam Newton, Sanchez, show me for me than a year category.  I am sure he will consider coming out.  I think it may be financially worthwhile for him to stay another year.

They were the Cousins team.  Remember?  Other teams have much more ammunition to move up.  Too bed Peterman didn't play better.

The only team that has more ammo than us to move up is the Bills and it could be argued that a top 10 pick + two high 2nds is better than 2 late firsts and 1 late second.

19 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The only team that has more ammo than us to move up is the Bills and it could be argued that a top 10 pick + two high 2nds is better than 2 late firsts and 1 late second.

The Colts will be in front of us.  The Giants will be in front of us.  Denver and the Redskins will be right around us.  So will the Cards.  I would be very worried about the Broncos leapfrogging us.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

The Colts will be in front of us.  The Giants will be in front of us.  Denver and the Redskins will be right around us.  So will the Cards.  I would be very worried about the Broncos leapfrogging us.

If the Colts take a QB it's because they have cut Luck, if Luck is cut that likely means another QB needy team will roll the dice on him unless he retires.

The Giants are taking a QB and Eli likely won't be there next season according to sources so that would mean he's on another team which would probably not trade up for a QB.

The Cards and Broncos are competition but we have more ammo with the two 2nd round picks. There is nothing they can offer pick wise that we can't match. 

Archived