F*ck the NFL!

Jetster

12 hours ago, naturalscience said:

I wonder if New England gets more pass interference calls in their favor than other teams. It seems to be half of their offence. Chuck it downfield and wait for interference call.

That first PI vs. Bouyle covering Cook was a joke. Ball was way overthrown and uncatchable. Both were hand fighting which is a constant on nearly every pass play. That play immediately changed the momentum and set up the Pats to get back in the game. And Romo/Nance didn’t even comment much on the play either way. They both knew it was a bogus call. ???

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BigO said:

That first PI vs. Bouyle covering Cook was a joke. Ball was way overthrown and uncatchable. Both were hand fighting which is a constant on nearly every pass play. That play immediately changed the momentum and set up the Pats to get back in the game. And Romo/Nance didn’t even comment much on the play either way. They both knew it was a bogus call. ???

Biggest gift TB12 has gotten from the refs since that stupid tuck rule garbage 

25 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

It is simple the Pats had NO offensive or Defensive penalties the entire game!!

The only penalty called on them was a special teams penalty...

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE THE LAST TIME IT HAPPENED FOR THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST THE RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year, Pats down 28-3 in SB. Falcons DL has one and only one mission. Go after Brady at that point and knock him on his ass.  It’s virtually impossible for any team to keep your QB safe when the DL is coming after your head every single play. 

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

It's not so much how many flag are thrown, it's when they are thrown is the important issue.  If a bad call is cherry picked in a 28-3 blow out week 2, nobody gives a crap.  When you have a premature whistle negating a 4th quarter TD, a very questionable PI right before the half leading to a TD, Refs openly celebrating that TD in a 4 point Championship game, it's time to go fishing on Sundays, which I have been doing most of this year.

Anyone who watches that game in 2 weeks is just being played for a sucker. 

First time ever I willingly did not watch the AFC or NFC championship game.  

First time ever I will not watch the SB.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I've given up on getting upset about it at this point. Unless it's against the Jets I just shrug my shoulders and move on. At this point it is what it is.

Pretty much me too. For me it diminishes my drive to watch the games. After the AFC game I ended up taking my dog out ti the park. Got back saw the NFC game score and just tuned into anothe channel. I will probably have the Suoerbowls on because Suoerbowls food and stuff but my interest is lowest it’s ever been.,

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty much me too. For me it diminishes my drive to watch the games. After the AFC game I ended up taking my dog out ti the park. Got back saw the NFC game score and just tuned into anothe channel. I will probably have the Suoerbowls on because Suoerbowls food and stuff but my interest is lowest it’s ever been.,

Just put on the cooking channel.  They'll give you all the SB recipes without the indigestion of watching the Pats

Must also be said that as the rules are called,spending top picks and free agent money on high end DBs is a complete waste.There are no "shutdown corners" any more.  Either you have a pass rush, or your defense is awful. The DBs are mostly interchangeable dreck. Overpaying for them or using draft picks early on them is folly. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Must also be said that as the rules are called,spending top picks and free agent money on high end DBs is a complete waste.There are no "shutdown corners" any more.  Either you have a pass rush, or your defense is awful. The DBs are mostly interchangeable dreck. Overpaying for them or using draft picks early on them is folly. 

stephon gilmore

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Took the pooch for a walk during the first quarter. Went past 4 neighborhood gin mills. Even if the Jets or Giants weren't playing , in past years the crowd on championship Sunday would be spilling into the street. Yesterday, you would have had no problem getting a seat at the bar with plenty of elbow room on each side. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

stephon gilmore

Gilmore is a good DB and this was a very good play.He was taken by the Bills at #10 in 2012.  But in the 2012 draft Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Janoris Jenkins and Josh Norman were all picked later. He has made all of 1 Pro Bowl in 5 years with the Bills. Sure you could look even more in depth and find more productive picks. And the Pats signed him to a modest FA slot, because that's what they do, and that's the tyranny of the cap. Simply a DB is not worth an edge pass rusher nor a QB nor a LT under these rules. Because an imbecile like Bowles thinks so doesn't make it so. Pats seem to stock the DBs with a bunch of Rutgers guys over the last few seasons,so it's  not like they're overpaying for it. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/draft.htm

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Gilmore is a good DB and this was a very good play.He was taken by the Bills at #10 in 2012.  But in the 2012 draft Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Janoris Jenkins and Josh Norman were all picked later. He has made all of 1 Pro Bowl in 5 years with the Bills. Sure you could look even more in depth and find more productive picks. And the Pats signed him to a modest FA slot, because that's what they do, and that's the tyranny of the cap. Simply a DB is not worth an edge pass rusher nor a QB nor a LT under these rules. Because an imbecile like Bowles thinks so doesn't make it so. Pats seem to stock the DBs with a bunch of Rutgers guys over the last few seasons,so it's  not like they're overpaying for it. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/draft.htm

Agree to disagree I'm not in favor of drafting a CB at 6 but shutdown corners are a necessity in the NFL with most teams being pass happy. We have 2 Safeties who are league best and JAG CB's we need to improve them to improve our D but an edge rusher would surely help any mediocre secondary. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree I'm not in favor of drafting a CB at 6 but shutdown corners are a necessity in the NFL with most teams being pass happy. We have 2 Safeties who are league best and JAG CB's we need to improve them to improve our D but an edge rusher would surely help any mediocre secondary. 

For the record-Minka Kelly is a tweener who took snaps at safety and corner. Not a shutdown cover guy at all, barely heard his name during the championship. But that won't stop Bowles from campaigning for him. And there really aren't many shutdown corners to be had any more anyway. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Bacon wrapped smoked Kielbasa.

cook at 275, smoker or oven until bacon is crisp, about 90 minutes.  bring up heat a little, light coating of BBQ sauce, cook another 5 minutes each side.  Cut into big slices, serve with spicy peppar jack as a meat and cheese tray.

26 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Bacon wrapped smoked Kielbasa.

cook at 275, smoker or oven until bacon is crisp, about 90 minutes.  bring up heat a little, light coating of BBQ sauce, cook another 5 minutes each side.  Cut into big slices, serve with spicy peppar jack as a meat and cheese tray.

Serious Polish stuff or supermarket mass-produced? Got a Costco-sized Hillhsire Farms in the freezer that could be so utilized. 

39 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Serious Polish stuff or supermarket mass-produced? Got a Costco-sized Hillhsire Farms in the freezer that could be so utilized. 

I go a central market for mine.   It's good.   2 U shaped Kielbasa for 1 pound of bacon.    Cut it in half, so it looks more like a J than a U (easier to wrap)

It really is so easy.  Just don't let the grill get too hot.   I have a Primo (like a big green egg), I put the indirect plates in and a little extra smoke.   The indirect was just to keep from getting little grease fires from the bacon grease dripping onto the fire.   But I also did just in the oven, almost as good, just didn't have quite the smokey flavor.

16 hours ago, Jetster said:

Another 38 passes by Brady without an offensive line holding call. 

1- Penalty called on Pats for 10 yards/lowest since 2011, oh yea it was the Pats lowest in 2011.

Myles Jack whistle? Why blow the whistle?

Pats down 10, 2 WTF penalties & wham Pats score B4 the half (Defender can't change angle when Gronk comes DOWN with his head).

Ref yucking it up with the Pats in the endzone after a Pats TD?

Same Ref goes out of his way at end of game tapping Brady from behind, than patting him on his chest?

I hate the Pats, Roger Goodell & now the NFL as a whole.

It's a business.  And the business thinks milking the last drops of the GOAT Brady/Pats dynasty sells better than the alternatives.

They may even be right.

But they're dangerously close to joining the WWF/WWE is "scripted entertainment" area these days.

And yes, bitter Jets fans on the receiving end in-division of the GOAT are likely biased to feel that way.

I don't take anything away from Brady.  But the league has an appearance problem it needs to solve.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

I have a legit Polish deli/market run by legit no f'ing around Poles near me.  It's....aweeeeeeesome.

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

My apathy with the league has been going on for years. I’ve missed quite a few Superbowls with or without the Patriots. The idea of me doing that 8/9 years ago would have been crazy – I barely missed any games at all.

Find it harder to watch and even harder to care. The Patriots’ favourable treatment that’s gone on all season is just the icing on this cake made of sh*t. The lack of holding calls, the timely flags when they’re needed and those ridiculous non-TD’s - It’s becoming less of a competitive sport and more a prolonged coronation for their golden boy. I don’t even hate Brady or BB any more, I’m just sick of them to the point where I’m past caring. I don’t even watch to root against them, it’s not worth my time.

Yup.  It is true.  The Pats NEVER hold

Archived