Who do you draft if 1st 5 picks go like this?

Sarge4Tide

Who do you draft?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. In this situation, I would give serious consideration to the following players....

• Bradley Chubb DE NC St
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
    • Darwin James DB FSU
    • Denzel Ward CB Ohio St
    • Quenton Nelson OL Notre Dame
    • Marcus Davenport DL UTSA
    • Tremaine Edmunds LB VA Tech
    • Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
    • Lamar Jackson QB Louisville
    • Mike McGlinchey OL Notre Dame
    • Courtland Sutton WR SMU
    • Someone Else

Let's say the Top 5 goes like this....I think it's unlikely to break this way, but if it did....

1. Browns - Josh Allen QB
  2. Giants - Sam Darnold QB
  3. Colts - Saquon Barkley RB
  4. Bills (from Browns) - Josh Rosen QB
  5. Broncos - Baker Mayfield QB
  6. Jets - 

You are the Jets GM, nobody is willing to trade up to 6 with Barkley and 4 QBs gone, which of the listed players would you give serious consideration to drafting? (Check all that apply)

5 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Let's say the Top 5 goes like this....I think it's unlikely to break this way, but if it did....

6. Jets - 

You are the Jets GM, nobody is willing to trade up to 6 with Barkley and 4 QBs gone, which of the listed players would you give serious consideration to drafting? (Check all that apply)

Trade down... pick BPA & get an extra 2nd & 3rd.

8 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

6. Jets - 

I fail to see how the draft would go like that. No way the browns trade out of a spot where they can take Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Barkley after taking a QB at 1. Can you imagine a D with both Garrett and Chubb rushing the QB? I just don't see Cleveland trading out of the 4 spot unless it is to the Jets spot at 6. Frankly, they've already got lots and lots of picks in this draft. What they need is great players and moving from 4 to 12 takes a great player away from them.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

that's a fabrication of the truth based on everything we've heard internally from our boy... Jackson name unfortunately wasn't even on the list. 

I’m not buying any of the leaks personally, since macc & co. have been here they’ve been very tight lipped about their prospects. especially the lengths they went to obscure their interest in hackenberg

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

I’m not buying any of the leaks personally, since macc & co. have been here they’ve been very tight lipped about their prospects

agreed. but whenever mogglez has talked about where we sit on prospects, our actions have been in line with that. He gave us a peek at who we're looking at and how much time we're investing in these guys... Jackson wasn't even in the game. (i wish he was)

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

He is an Islanders writer for CBS NY.  Never seen him comment on the Jets before. 

Its total BS -- they haven;t even had these guys in for workouts yet. There's still forming final grades, etc. Amateur hour tweet from Jeff spagetti.

I believe that they have a #1 (Rosen) they obviously covet -- but as far as who they like the most that they believe will be available?.... is that even a real conversation between Millionaire executives? 

Cmon, man. 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

agreed. but whenever mogglez has talked about where we sit on prospects, our actions have been in line with that. He gave us a peek at who we're looking at and how much time we're investing in these guys... Jackson wasn't even in the game. (i wish he was)

yeah I mean who really knows- but I’d just point you to this example 

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/06/themmqb-christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-quarterback-private-workout-nfl-draft-2016

as a reason to take any of the leaks with a grain of salt. maybe if the jets traded up they might spill the beans but I doubt otherwise we’re going to get any real advance knowledge of their draft board

Just now, cant wait said:

yeah I mean who really knows- but I’d just point you to this example https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/06/themmqb-christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-quarterback-private-workout-nfl-draft-2016

as a reason to take any of the leaks with a grain of salt. maybe if the jets traded up they might spill the beans but I doubt otherwise we’re going to get any real advance knowledge of their draft board

All true, but there was lots interest quietly expressed behind the scenes re Hack -- we all just were in denial and insisted it was hogwash. 

In this case, we haven't been putting in the time with him relative to the others (as best I understand it anyway)... I hope i'm wrong.

...But everything I've seen from Macc says he's kind of a pu$$y. Not totally, but there's some signature moves (like selecting Lamar) that i don't think he has the stones for. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

All true, but there was lots interest quietly expressed behind the scenes re Hack -- we all just were in denial and insisted it was hogwash. 

In this case, we haven't been putting in the time with him relative to the others (as best I understand it anyway)... I hope i'm wrong.

...But everything I've seen from Macc says he's kind of a pu$$y. Not totally, but there's some signature moves (like selecting Lamar) that i don't think he has the stones for. 

true if this #6 is anything like the last two, then whoever the consensus BPA is will probably end up being the pick anyway 

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I have to admit it is pretty coincidental that the one QB anyone's mentioned by name is $10m Josh McMentor going on about Lamar's potential as more than just some runner who can throw a little. It'd fit for another reason, since Jackson is one of those few think will be game-ready to start the season, necessitating a "sure" starter in McCown as a backup plan to the lower-percentage "hopeful" starter in Bridgewater, with both on just 1-year deals.

Then Macstupid gets to brag about BAPs again after taking a ****ing guard in the top 6. 

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I have to admit it is pretty coincidental that the one QB anyone's mentioned by name is $10m Josh McMentor going on about Lamar's potential as more than just some runner who can throw a little. It'd fit for another reason, since Jackson is one of those few think will be game-ready to start the season, necessitating a "sure" starter in McCown as a backup plan to the lower-percentage "hopeful" starter in Bridgewater, with both on just 1-year deals.

Then Macstupid gets to brag about BAPs again after taking a ****ing guard in the top 6. 

that did occur to me weeks ago when mccown said that about jackson.  that was seemingly a random comment.  at the time, i thought mccown was lobbying the jets to take him back, invest in jackson so the jets get their qb/future while mccown gets one more crack at it.  

if the 4 qbs and barkley went top 5, i wouldn't be surprised if the jets tried to trade back, there would probably be a market for minka or chubb but wouldn't surprise me if tanny took him.  

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I fail to see how the draft would go like that. No way the browns trade out of a spot where they can take Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Barkley after taking a QB at 1. Can you imagine a D with both Garrett and Chubb rushing the QB? I just don't see Cleveland trading out of the 4 spot unless it is to the Jets spot at 6. Frankly, they've already got lots and lots of picks in this draft. What they need is great players and moving from 4 to 12 takes a great player away from them.

It was presented as it was. You failing to see it happening is immaterial. Just pick one with the scenario at hand.

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

it depends on what kind of offense the jets plan on running, there was some talk that jackson would be a good fit for morton’s west coast based system (like mccown) but I don’t know what bates is planning on implementing for next season 

Archived